Cool = Charisma???

+
My first V will probably be all reflexes and cool (corpo cyberninja, male if I can make it as I want, lesbian if not, but it'll be my first female PC ever), but I don't want to level up immersion breaking skills like "if your health goes down your DMG output increses" which seems to be the case with "cold blood". I hope they'll reconsider this stuff.

I'll probably roleplay a Cool-focused character at some point in the future, but I want to feel like I'm playing an RPG, thus I want my stats/skills to have an increased effect on my combat capabilities. If I dump all my stat points into combat and cool right from the get-go, I may never notice any progression.

I'll probably roleplay a Cool-focused character at some point in the future, but I want to feel like I'm playing an RPG, thus I want my stats/skills to have an increased effect on my combat capabilities. If I dump all my stat points into combat and cool right from the get-go, I may never notice any progression.

It all depends how CDPR build their games (hense why we'd like a bit more info on the flesh of it).

If it's heavily oriented on action (like fallout4) and the dialogs are only there to drive the story but not much, you'll probably struggle to get throught the "mandatory" fights, and figure all the points you put to avoid it were useless.

Now, if they take the New Vegas route, you'd probably be able to avoid fights or just mindfuck the NPC so you can pass without having to kill them.

But from what has been shown, the heavy emphasis on combat makes me scared we don't have much "creation" involved.

They tells us we haves "lots of options" but doesn't really shows them to us...
Sure, I can trick them with a soda can, but what's the point of having to go there etc... When I can just boost my combat skills and rush throught it saving way more time (or just being detected as you sneak, ending on killing people).

Are the enemies movement scripted or are they kinda hanging around, reacting differently on how you behave? It could change everything... (You'd replay the same level and would have to change your plans, or be surprised by an npc, etc...).

There are lots of things like that which could makes the difference between a great game and an "ok" game.

Cyberpunk looks good, but I still wait to see how much of my brain I'll have to put into (even customisation should have and impact on your character, not just be there to look cool)

They tells us we haves "lots of options" but doesn't really shows them to us...
Sure, I can trick them with a soda can, but what's the point of having to go there etc... When I can just boost my combat skills and rush throught it saving way more time (or just being detected as you sneak, ending on killing people).

I don't play games to get through them as quickly as possible, I play games to enjoy myself and choose the playstyle that best suits me. Usually, that means it's slower, more methodical, and generally less efficient than other playthroughs, but it feels more rewarding to me. You could ask this same question about many other games, even ones with great playstyle variety. Why go for a charisma build at all when you can just blast your way through everybody?

I'm satisfied with the options they've shown so far, but they need to show them in a more uncut fashion. The 15 minute gameplay was very poorly edited. I like the tools I've seen so far, now I want to see them in use, consistently.

True, but as I can understand the bullet following heat or something like that, the " spiderman hijack" sounds a bit overpowered.
Or at least, I hope enemies will have access to it aswell, just for the sake of being fair.

Still, auto bullets + auto hijack, just add an autopilot and you don't even need to play the game by yourself.
I kinda doubt it's working for serious enemies that are aware of a threat. I expect it to be akin to leaving USB online on a unpatched smartphone. Happens to unaware or people just enjoying a pizza and after slotting the newest chip. Aka option for some, but not all enemies.

Can't we sneak behind the guys, stun them and hack? Or access their implants by hacking the main firewall?

Considering thats how Sasquatch was hacking V (well stun, not sneak) probably yes. Also regarding hacking the main firewall, that's how they explained how it usually works. How exactly the wire can break that restriction isn't really known yet (hope not always)

I don't play games to get through them as quickly as possible, I play games to enjoy myself and choose the playstyle that best suits me. Usually, that means it's slower, more methodical, and generally less efficient than other playthroughs, but it feels more rewarding to me. You could ask this same question about many other games, even ones with great playstyle variety. Why go for a charisma build at all when you can just blast your way through everybody?

I'm satisfied with the options they've shown so far, but they need to show them in a more uncut fashion. The 15 minute gameplay was very poorly edited. I like the tools I've seen so far, now I want to see them in use, consistently.

I agree, the option seems cool, but we still don't saw how deep they were.
It wasn't said in the way of "playing faster", more about how convenient and... Fun it is.

If playing a sneaking netrunner, or charisma filled character just adds a few stuff on the side but doesn't change the feeling from a Rambo-Solo play, it would be frustrating to play as.

We've seen you can sneak instead of forcing the way, but I'd like to know if the path change, the outcome, the consequences etc...
That's a story driven Rpg, so the way you play should has it's impact on the game.

You have to sneak in the Animal's mall? They said the npc has each their own routine, can we stun and disguise ourselves as a pizza delivery? Etc...

Sure, the soda can, or brain hacking sounds cool, but that's still pretty "action" aimed, I'd like to be able to work it in a more subtle way, like playing a good technician that can't fight for his life.

Talking with NPC, analyzing some of the surrounding to find a way to trick them, etc...
Something more "social", less "secret agent".

In Fallout 2 or Vampire Bloodline you could work the same objective in a lots of ways, even the outcome could differs depending on how you did your de-briefing, since they said they wanted to make an Rpg like that, I'd like to see different approach, not only in gameplay but in the " way" you can do them.

Non combat isn't about sneaking, you can be a good hacker, you can be good at sneaking, maybe you're not able to stun someone with your fists either :/

I don't know, cool hard gates only sniper rifles, reflexes hard gates blades (mantis blades, throwing knives and who knows what else), handguns and rifles, body hard gates two-handed weapons (whatever they are, I think heavy weapons like bazookas or gatling machine gun), melee and shotguns... only netrunning and technology are not bound to weapons (but have their own way to deal damage), so cool is actually the least important for combat capabilities.

I don't really think having an high value in cool will be that important for shooting, I don't think V's hands will shake, s/he will simply have some bonus in DMG in certain situations if you unlock cool skills. Or at least that's how it looks from last demo and devs' words. Maybe it'll be important for stealth. MAYBE.

I agree, the option seems cool, but we still don't saw how deep they were.
It wasn't said in the way of "playing faster", more about how convenient and... Fun it is.

If playing a sneaking netrunner, or charisma filled character just adds a few stuff on the side but doesn't change the feeling from a Rambo-Solo play, it would be frustrating to play as.

We've seen you can sneak instead of forcing the way, but I'd like to know if the path change, the outcome, the consequences etc...
That's a story driven Rpg, so the way you play should has it's impact on the game.

You have to sneak in the Animal's mall? They said the npc has each their own routine, can we stun and disguise ourselves as a pizza delivery? Etc...

Sure, the soda can, or brain hacking sounds cool, but that's still pretty "action" aimed, I'd like to be able to work it in a more subtle way, like playing a good technician that can't fight for his life.

Talking with NPC, analyzing some of the surrounding to find a way to trick them, etc...
Something more "social", less "secret agent".

In Fallout 2 or Vampire Bloodline you could work the same objective in a lots of ways, even the outcome could differs depending on how you did your de-briefing, since they said they wanted to make an Rpg like that, I'd like to see different approach, not only in gameplay but in the " way" you can do them.

Non combat isn't about sneaking, you can be a good hacker, you can be good at sneaking, maybe you're not able to stun someone with your fists either :/
I agree with all of this, and I understand you better now. You're saying the non-combat options still seem action-oriented, which is true. Unfortunate, but true.

I doubt stuff like disguises, tricking people, etc. will be in the game. I really wish it was because it's the foundation of other great RPGs, but from what I can gather, CDPR is already dealing with absolutely insane complexity with branching dialogues and story; which will always be their core focus (no matter what).

I think 2077 is a step in the right direction compared to TW3 toward what you and I hope for, but it'll probably take another game or two before they are able to expand past this.

I don't really think having an high value in cool will be that important for shooting, I don't think V's hands will shake, s/he will simply have some bonus in DMG in certain situations if you unlock cool skills. Or at least that's how it looks from last demo and devs' words.

Actually, this is exactly the opposite of what they've said. They've said low cool means you have a hard time keeping your cool in combat, thus shakier aim and such.

Actually, this is exactly the opposite of what they've said. They've said low cool means you have a hard time keeping your cool in combat, thus shakier aim and such.
did they? IIRC in the deep dive Q&A they talked about assassination (or cold blood, which is one of the only 3 perks/skills under cool) saying you get a bonus to damage if your HP is low. Don't remember anything else. If it was said before, I don't know if it's still valid, since "subject to change" and we've seen in the last year that CDPR doesn't understates about this concept.
Maybe Nerve will control hands' shaking? :shrug:

EDIT: OK, I've watched it again (min 37 on), it's not clear if they mean that metaphorically just to give an explaination of what cool means or if it's proper gameplay stuff (so hands won't shake if cool is high).

Last edited:
did they? IIRC in the deep dive Q&A they talked about assassination (or cold blood, which is one of the only 3 perks/skills under cool) saying you get a bonus to damage if your HP is low. Don't remember anything else. If it was said before, I don't know if it's still valid, since "subject to change" and we've seen in the last year that CDPR doesn't understates about this concept.
Maybe Nerve will control hands' shaking? :shrug:

EDIT: OK, I've watched it again (min 37 on), it's not clear if they mean that metaphorically just to give an explaination of what cool means or if it's proper gameplay stuff (so hands won't shake if cool is high).
They've mentioned it in interviews prior to this as well. Your Cool stat directly affects your combat capabilities and weapon sway, at the very least. I'm 100% sure of it.

Top Bottom