Changes to the use of Meteorite Powder

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

Recently we’ve decided that bundles will mostly be purchasable for real money both on PC, consoles and later in the future on iOS.

This change will help us grow the game more and create really sweet vanities in the future. Some ornaments will still be purchasable with meteorite powder.

With update 4.0 our in-game shop description of meteorite powder will read: Meteorite powder can be used to transmute standard cards into their animated, premium version. It's also used to purchase some of the ornaments - available in different shop sections.

As an accountant i believe that the best way to monetize a f2p game like gwent is the ingame microtransactions (with some exceptions of course). If you continue keep the gameplay free as it is (i.e. cards, expansions) and you will monetize other game's elements (i.e. leader skins, cardbacks, profile avatars, boards) i believe that gwent would be on a good standing. Just make sure you keep some free like the seasonal and the event ones.

Not playing as much anymore, but can someone help me understand what the difference is with the current concept of powder? Most of the "free" stuff you missed out on is only purchasable with $, and that's completely fine.

Afaik, you use powder to "transmute" (which remains) and you could use it to purchase the boards. The only conclusion I can make is that the latter option will be limited? Because if you can buy "some ornaments" that sounds almost like an upgrade of powder instead of a restriction, given almost everything is $ only lately.

If it's a devaluation than that is a pity, given I spend all the money I threw at the game on thàt, but it's fine. As a casual player the game has been a blast so far so you deserve it. The fact remains it's a true F2P game where imo you don't have to spend any $ at all if you don't want to.

Probably a smart change in the long run even if it removes most of the value of meteorite dust.

Not that there's much reason to play the game itself. I played like 30 matches with terrible decks and mostly win streaked from absolute bottom to rank 16 where everyone is still bad. It was probably not the smartest idea to remove casual instead of improving it.

Recently we’ve decided that bundles will mostly be purchasable for real money both on PC, consoles and later in the future on iOS.

Will the Tavern Board (currently 1600 meteorite powder) and the 3 leader bundles (currently 1200 meteorite powder each) remain purchasable with powder in the future, after patch 4.0?

Will the Tavern Board (currently 1600 meteorite powder) and the 3 leader bundles (currently 1200 meteorite powder each) remain purchasable with powder in the future, after patch 4.0?

Description will say "It's also used to purchase some of the ornaments - available in different shop sections. " so I assume that yes.

Nothing is going to get me to purchase that Passaflora bundle...though.
Post automatically merged:

@zargez It really is better to play ranked and lose than play casual. You get a good amount of MMR just for trying so long as you are under the 25 games per faction minimum limit. That is 150 games to just mess around with. Sure, after you pass the 25 games, you need to get more serious. But that is a lot of time to have fun, and you get better rewards in the next season to help you improve your deck.

Thanks for letting us know in advance!
Confirming whether the current leader bundles or the tavern board would end up in the "some still purchasable" category would be ideal... but still, I respect CDPRs communications policy. :)

@zargez It really is better to play ranked and lose than play casual. You get a good amount of MMR just for trying so long as you are under the 25 games per faction minimum limit. That is 150 games to just mess around with. Sure, after you pass the 25 games, you need to get more serious. But that is a lot of time to have fun, and you get better rewards in the next season to help you improve your deck.
I'm not sure how any of that is relevant to anything in my comment.

The problem with lack of casual is that, since I haven't bothered to keep any rank due to the... challenging state of the game in recent seasons, I have to play ridiculous amounts of matches against bad players to even get close to having the ability to disable ranked progression in the first place. That is not going to be a very interesting journey, just grinding lower ladder, never seeing anything interesting.
After playing enough, I eventually made a Queen Meve deck to quickly get the NR challenge done and that was just easy eight or so wins in a row. I even played against another Meve, right after I made that last comment, where I went first last round and had one card less - and I still won it. That's not the experience I'm looking for, hence why I only came back today and only played one match.

Top Bottom