Magpie131 is your Challenger #5 winner!

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

Eight of the best GWENT players faced off in Warsaw this weekend for the final Challenger tournament of this GWENT Masters series... and it was Magpie131 who left the city victorious! Even though it was his first appearance in an official GWENT tournament, he managed to emerge victorious after a 3:2 series with Freddybabes in the first match of Day 1. During Day 2, he defeated two of the tournament’s favourites – kolemoen in the semifinal, and Damorquis in the final.

Prize-pool split:

Congratulations to the guy, but I have to say this to CDPR - guys, this event was WAY too long. Day one it was near 8 1/2 hours, I zoned out at the middle of it and literally fell asleep for the main event, cause I was so friggin tired. I don't know how long it went day 2, I know it was way shorter, but still was burned from the day before and while keeping an eye on it all the time, didn't had the strength to actually watch.

I think this is where you need to speed up the game a bit - especially in the cards interaction part. For one example - think of quick animation for the Doomed cards - now they need to be shown go to the Graveyard and than animation for them being banished from there. Just make a different animation for them being destroyed on the board itself, that will not take 2 seconds for the process we have now. Especially in Arachas Queen decks this is just hell.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the guy, but I have to say this to CDPR - guys, this event was WAY too long.

I agree, there is a lot of filler and talk in between matches which adds to it. I think the main problem is that each player has a full minute to make a play, so each game is 20min plus. Maybe tournament Gwent should be reduced to 40 or even 30sec for each player to make a move. This will help speed things up tremendously. Maybe a bad idea, then again maybe not.

Other than that, it was great seeing some competitive Gwent again after such a long break. Can't wait for World Masters.

Top Bottom