Immersion: Should NPCs react to rare clothing?

+
If you mean that they react by a throwaway voice line, then yeah. "Hey dude, cool car!"

I was thinking more like muggers leaving the PC alone or treating him with respect if you are a famous mercenary known for combat prowess etc.... but I doubt that will actually happen.
I'm pretty sure this is exactly what they've been aiming for since the beginning though. Like with the Samurai jacket for example. There's been plenty of times where they've said it will have a direct affect on how you interact with characters and how they treat you. Like wearing an animals muscle shirt in Pacifica could probably get you jumped.

Even Silverhand reacts to your clothing and such.

We'll see though.

No, this idea has changed and turned into a cool skill.
Do you have anything supporting this? The cool skill has been specified as not having to do with appearance at all and only having to do with how calm and collected and "Cool" you character is in high stress scenarios

Something I find to be lacking in current open world RPGs is how NPCs react to your characters appearance. In a world in which style and beauty is above and beyond achievable standards for most people, having NPCs react to rare clothing that requires high Street cred to aquire, could make the world feel far more alive. It shouldn't be too rampant that people compliment your clothing, but it should be an occasional offhand comment here and there as you walk by. It would be small and in the background, but the small things add up in the end. I feel like this would just be a small but awesome detail, as people would acknowledge your badass look you've worked hard to achieve.

Would it add another worthwhile layer of immersion, or would it be worthless?

It would at least somewhat remember of one of the lost social skill of C2020 that the dev' once said they had some cool ideas about how to implement it in the game.
Post automatically merged:

No, this idea has changed and turned into a cool skill.

Which skill?
Source, please.

Top Bottom