About the Immersion & Lifesim Elements

+
13.jpg

Recently I have played Metro Exodus and in the game, there was a chance to smoke a cigarette. I felt it was so *immersive*, just chatting with some person, watching the scenes running out into the behind through the windows.. it was very personal experience. I mean, it was felt like I am in-game character itself. Am I exaggerating? I hope not. Because I really felt that way.

Anyway, I want to feel this feeling in Cyberpunk too, but more arbitrarily. In Metro it was something like event scene. So you can't smoke anytime, no function exists in the game.

Just imagine in Cyberpunk, you smoking a cigarette before operating very risky mission.. you feel nervous, and you need to calm yourself down, Smoke two or three cigarette continuously, and throw it ahead your toe, stamp it, and you say "Ok, let's go".

What a mood! And just watching the street crowded with people with cigarette would be also amazing.

It is a small feature, but I'm sure it will be very helpful for the people willingly want to play the game with immersion.

So what do you think? Is it a good idea? Hope this feature exist? Or is it unnecessary?

Last edited:
I'm always in favor of immersion-oriented features like this, and I tend to add them in via mods when the game doesn't allow for them by default.

In this case, I doubt we'll be able to. As much as people praise CDPR for their attention to detail, this sort of thing is not something they've ever really done. But we can hope.

I not sure about other countries but cigarette censorship in Australia is pretty full on , so it would make it hard to put into a game .

I'm all about adding little life sim elements and animations into a game. Lots of people hated the long animations in RDR2, but I loved them. So yeah, I'd be perfectly content to see V physically changing clothes, cooking, drinking, eating, using medicines, laying down to sleep and etc. The slower moments make a nice contrast to action sequences.

Not a feature I would ever use but I suppose it could be cool to have in the game. There already was at least one NPC shown smoking so why not V as well.

Why not.

If it had a mechanic behind it, that it could affect a scene of dialog for instance (say, affecting the NPC disposition (NPC having an opinion on smokers), or allowing the player to offer a cig as a gesture of good will, or blow the smoke to the NPC’s face to intimidate him, or something), the better. It’d be more than just a vanity simulation.

+1 I want this . I always add them via mod if they are avaible . Like in Skyrim .

I still remember that faction in Gothic...where everyone was going ''Good weed man *cough*'' :LOL:.

I'm all about adding little life sim elements and animations into a game. Lots of people hated the long animations in RDR2, but I loved them. So yeah, I'd be perfectly content to see V physically changing clothes, cooking, drinking, eating, using medicines, laying down to sleep and etc. The slower moments make a nice contrast to action sequences.

Exact same. Since they really insisted on the word "immersion", I really hope they thought about this sort of stuff.
These little interactions and some simple mini-games / activites are always a criteria to decide if an open-world is truly detailed and worthwhile for me.

Open-worlds in general make me so bored and depressed because most of them don't do that, and we're left with an empty space with nothing to do or interact with.

I think similar to GTV 5 would be a good idea. But instead of weed Cyberpunk 2077 should many different kinds drugs with different effects. For example one drug has auditory effects or cyberware effects. Maybe, something different like heroin, where V injects with a syring.

In Red Read Redemption 2, individual pieces of clothing like shirts, pants and jackets let you roll up sleeves, tuck pants, and button shirts and jackets. In Cyberpunk, instead of individual clothing being static, they could add extra flexibility to customize how clothing looks. Imagine being able to zip up your samurai jacket, unroll the sleeves, as well as changing the collars neon color. It would give it a different look, adding more freedom to style your character.

I think similar to GTV 5 would be a good idea. But instead of weed Cyberpunk 2077 should many different kinds drugs with different effects. For example one drug has auditory effects or cyberware effects. Maybe, something different like heroin, where V injects with a syring.

Cyberpunk isnt GTA though. If you read wiki like this: https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Drugs

"The drugs of the future are far more lethal than their 20th century counterparts. Many are experimental chemicals dumped on the Street by unscrupulous Corporations looking for guinea pigs. Some are home-brewed horrors designed in basement labs. Still others are military-designed combat drugs designed to create armies of zombie killing machines. All of them are bad news. "

They probably laugh at weed and cigarettes. Its dystopia, Cyberpunkers like their drugs lethal, imagine some underground real world club, where people like to make "drug cocktails" and mix evevything together, that sounds Cyberpunk to me. Some rich people might smoke to show off their wealth though.

Yeah, hard drugs, thats what I gotta say. Not damn baby stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom