Cyberpunk 2077 – Deep Dive Video

+
I can agree to that entirely. I'm talking more about having dialogue options available due to certain skills though. A charimsa or intimidation skill seems too easy to me. I'd rather be intimidating through murdering people relentlessly and earn it and I'd rather be known as charismatic through seducing people from in game choices and gameplay versus leveling up due to actions entirely unrelated and then just selecting to upgrade my charisma for whatever reason. I feel like that's just way more immersive
Post automatically merged:

I'd strongly disagree with you there. Cyberpunk to me seems to be about climbing up in the ladder and earning your spot at the top. Of course saying the right things and doing the right things are important, but your actions definitely speak way louder than your words in this world.

Stop talking about "charisma", it never was a thing in Cyberpunk 2020.
Cyberpunk social stats were:
-Empathy to understand other to for example say things the way they want to hear it. The more important social stat, affected by humanity loss.
-Attractiveness.
-Cool.

Stop talking about "charisma", it never was a thing in Cyberpunk 2020.
Cyberpunk social stats were:
-Empathy to understand other to for example say things the way they want to hear it. The more important social stat, affected by humanity loss.
-Attractiveness.
-Cool.
Sorry, the topic of the conversation I thought was about having charisma or persuasion stats. Either way, none of those fit into that category of social persuasion or intimidation. Cool is about how calm your character is in game. Attractiveness is pretty much preset for you and empathy is clearly going to be a play-style and not a stat.

At the end there was something that bothered me a lot. V chose to incapacitate the agent not to jack his cable in him.
Yet both things happened. What if i just wanted to use his computer? I would be really mad if i failed a mission for something like this.

At the end there was something that bothered me a lot. V chose to incapacitate the agent not to jack his cable in him.
Yet both things happened. What if i just wanted to use his computer? I would be really mad if i failed a mission for something like this.

I don`t think it`s possible because Placide asks " Do you want the job or not ? " . If V says no then no job :shrug:

I was not talking about the part when placide grabs V's cord. I was talking about the incident with the netwatch agent.

V could have incapacitated him and then gone for his computer, instead of inserting his cord in his neck socket which is clearly a bad idea.
The incapacitate option forces you to jack in without warning. That's what im critizicing.

I was not talking about the part when placide grabs V's cord. I was talking about the incident with the netwatch agent.

V could have incapacitated him and then gone for his computer, instead of inserting his cord in his neck socket which is clearly a bad idea.
The incapacitate option forces you to jack in without warning. That's what im critizicing.

I feel like (hope) that's solely for demo purposes. I haven't really been a fan of how the dialogue/action options in cutscenes aren't exactly how they're written. I'm afraid that I'll read one of the options thinking V will say one thing, but say something entirely different and in a different way than I imagined and it takes the situation in a whole opposite direction than I initially wanted. Similar to the example you provided. Where "Incapacitate" means jacking into them, and eventually dying. Which I wouldn't want to do in that situation.

I feel like (hope) that's solely for demo purposes. I haven't really been a fan of how the dialogue/action options in cutscenes aren't exactly how they're written. I'm afraid that I'll read one of the options thinking V will say one thing, but say something entirely different and in a different way than I imagined and it takes the situation in a whole opposite direction than I initially wanted. Similar to the example you provided. Where "Incapacitate" means jacking into them, and eventually dying. Which I wouldn't want to do in that situation.
The devs say v is us and an avatar for the player but the dialogue is more a fallout4 situation.I want to say what is actually shown in the dialogue box

How would you incapacitate a netwatch agent without cutting him off from the net ? Hes already unarmed and not dangerous in the physical sense, and physical constraints won't stop him on the net. Also, considering you have Placide riding you with root access, what happens when you connect to disable him might not be your choice to begin with - you are used as a vessel (or remote) for the voodoo boys to kill the agent and the agents directly connected to him - and killed off (well, that part doesn't work due to your chip, but that was Placides plan).

How would you incapacitate a netwatch agent without cutting him off from the net ? Hes already unarmed and not dangerous in the physical sense, and physical constraints won't stop him on the net. Also, considering you have Placide riding you with root access, what happens when you connect to disable him might not be your choice to begin with - you are used as a vessel (or remote) for the voodoo boys to kill the agent and the agents directly connected to him - and killed off (well, that part doesn't work due to your chip, but that was Placides plan).

If they're supposedly controlling your entire body, then why is it giving you the option in the first place? I thought Placide was only observing through you. At least that's what he said. Even then, this example isn't the only instance. Sometimes the wording is different from whats listed and that can make me a bit uncomfy but considering the dialogue options are timed, it makes sense in retrospect since people generally can't read very quickly.

If they're supposedly controlling your entire body, then why is it giving you the option in the first place? I thought Placide was only observing through you. At least that's what he said. Even then, this example isn't the only instance. Sometimes the wording is different from whats listed and that can make me a bit uncomfy but considering the dialogue options are timed, it makes sense in retrospect since people generally can't read very quickly.

Placide is only watching not controling V . It makes it easier for him to kill V if your jacked into his system and that`s the real reason . He gets to see and hear everything you / V does and then get rid of all the loose ends .

In general i would agree with the point that you should be able to tell exactly what you say or do, at least the full next sentence if its multiple lines (cropped misleading dialogue choices annoyed me to no end in other games as well). But in this specific instance, Placide lied to you about just observing : According to demo visitors, talking to the Agent you find out that its basically his MO to kill off his puppets after job completion - and the killing off of the other agents includes killing you. Only partially seen/implied in the short deep dive demo, but its why V later gives him a full blown uppercut later...

(he likely cannot control your body / voice - but as soon as there is a connection to the agent, he can do whatever he wants with said connection - and thats probably not what you wanted him to do: Vs intention is probably really to incapacitate the agent & sever his connection to the net. But thats not what Placide does as soon as he has a direct link to the agent - and at least trying to kill you as well is certainly not what V intended. The narrators comment is "That didn't work out well"...

Last edited:
Top Bottom