Iron Judgment — newest GWENT Expansion Arriving on October 2

+
I just started playing the game this season and I really like it, So I want to support the devs by spending money on the next expansion but the problem is I don't like any of the new cards revealed till now, Is it me or the new cards don't look cool enough, I want some advice from an old player where even the cards didn't look cool but when released they were good.

Also if I'm to get one of the packs which one should I get? I can afford only to get one of them.
I guess we'll see when it comes out but as a general rule in collectible card games, that has applied to gwent so far, every time an expansion is released, the cards in it are super strong. They will get balanced eventually but it is half because they haven't been tested yet and half to invite players to get them.
From what I saw so far, some cards and some tags are really strong. Especially the defender tag which may completely change the game imo.
I'd say go for it, chances you are disappointed are quite low
Post automatically merged:

So far I quite like the new cards. But, like for most expansions, it seems that they only mainly feed one archetype per faction. It's not necessarily bad, but it is a bit restrictive when it introduces a new mechanic like armor because it makes it playable mostly by the same decks.
So far we have ST dwarves, SK ships (good!), NR boost (not really original there), MO swarm, SY mutants (new one, seems pretty bad so far), NG whatever it is NG does these days. We even have more NE bandits, which won't be enough to make a dedicated deck but it's still nice.
Also, for the game to be more 'equal', there should be 3 dual factions between each faction, not only SY with the 5 others. With all the betrayals and loyalty changes in the books and games, it shouldn't be hard to find some in each.

Last edited:
I just started playing the game this season and I really like it, So I want to support the devs by spending money on the next expansion but the problem is I don't like any of the new cards revealed till now, Is it me or the new cards don't look cool enough, I want some advice from an old player where even the cards didn't look cool but when released they were good.

Also if I'm to get one of the packs which one should I get? I can afford only to get one of them.
How can anyone but you know which one you should get, it depends how much you value "eye candy" stuff. If you don't care about that at all you can just go to the shop and buy kegs for even better price if you buy more of them.
Best value in the game is to buy Thronebreaker, you get 22 cards that are the most expensive in their category. During the gameplay you also get premium versions of them, so then you can safely mill basic ones and get 4x80 + 11x200 + 7x800 = 8120 scraps. And the game is good too...

How can anyone but you know which one you should get, it depends how much you value "eye candy" stuff. If you don't care about that at all you can just go to the shop and buy kegs for even better price if you buy more of them.
Best value in the game is to buy Thronebreaker, you get 22 cards that are the most expensive in their category. During the gameplay you also get premium versions of them, so then you can safely mill basic ones and get 4x80 + 11x200 + 7x800 = 8120 scraps. And the game is good too...

Already got thronebreaker 😅
I think I'll go for the premium one this time and see how it works.

So far I quite like the new cards. But, like for most expansions, it seems that they only mainly feed one archetype per faction. It's not necessarily bad, but it is a bit restrictive when it introduces a new mechanic like armor because it makes it playable mostly by the same decks.
So far we have ST dwarves, SK ships (good!), NR boost (not really original there), MO swarm, SY mutants (new one, seems pretty bad so far), NG whatever it is NG does these days. We even have more NE bandits, which won't be enough to make a dedicated deck but it's still nice.
Wouldn't agree with that. While the cards are clearly concentrating on certain archetypes, quite a lot of archetypes are getting at least little bit of help.

ST:
-dwarves: obvious
-dryads: one more Dryad might not mean a lot, but with all the cards synergizing with Dryads or the number of them that might help
-Harmony: 1 more harmony card and a new tag

SK:
-ships/pirates: obvious
-self wound: there are a lot of cards either soaking damage/profitting from getting damaged or damaging allies

NR:
-boost: obvious
-charges: a charge using engine that generates those itself, which is really usefull
-mages: not confirmed yet but I'm pretty confident Phillipa is going to be added
-resupply: 1 more warfare and 1 more card with the tag
-soldiers: quite a lot of the new NR cards are soldiers

MO:
-insectoids: obvious
-swarm: a lot of good swarm cards
-thrive: also a couple of cards
-consume:
-vampires: 1 more bleeding card + 1 neutral bleeding card
-large monsters: some quite good new additions
-deathwish: 1 card with deathwish

SY:
-Salamandra: obvious
-Poison: though only 1 unit will probably not change much
-Hoard: 1 more card was added
-Crimes: 1 more crime and 2 intimidate units
-Auto-include: an engine that will probably see place in most decks was added

NG:
-soldiers: obvious
-deck manipulation: a card which summons itself when being moved to the top of the deck
-thinning: see above
-assimilate: a strong engine
-enemy boosting: 1 card
-engines: defender being added
-tactocs: 1 more tactic

So, even though the expansion has a clear focus for each faction, the new cards support a lot of things anyway.

so, whether people like or not, buy buy buy.
Nice attitude, guys.

Don't forget assimilate tick too! But this is pretty much the same as the MO defender (Cave Troll: 7S 5 Armor 9P; where as he can be 7S 4A 9P with an added flexibility). I am concerned about Defenders, but NG don't need to worry much as they have purify-assimilate engines.

Purify is going to be golden after IronJudgment!
Is armor a status?

Not sure what you mean by don't look cool enough.

Not sure what you mean by don't look cool enough.

I felt like they were underpowered, but now after some reveals I changed my mind

so, whether people like or not, buy buy buy.
Nice attitude, guys.

It's ok, he was just trying to be helpful and straight to the point. Anyway I already had the intent to support the devs by buying anything so I bought the premium one.

Top Bottom