Update 4.0 Patch Notes

+
They should make it in small print, the decision was a sound one and got more people playing ranked, which was better for the player and the queue times. That said, rank 7 was always too high a rank for the minimum level. Casual should probably unlock at rank 20 -18.

Why do they kill Arachas Queen unique playstyle? Why killing all original mechanics (like slave hunter) instead of releasing support for them? Each patch makes every faction more similar to the others. Card becomes basically the same: Pavko/Rayla/Imlerith, Garkain/Disgise/swordmaster, Enchantress/Bearmaster/dwarves, the bronzes finning cards like impera brigade, etc...

no portal or serious francesca rework? seriously?

Portal is perfectly balanced (consuming a lot of provisions and restricting deck building) and makes 4p engines playable.

Francesca (ie. Mystic Echo) will be in good spot after patch imho. Instead of endlessly nerfing things they´re trying to elevate other factions and strategies to be competitive.

Why killing all original mechanics (like slave hunter) instead of releasing support for them?

Yeah, slave hunter was sooo original that nobody play it. Really? I bet today´s morning you didn´t even remeber this card exist and now you´re crying over it?! :D

Portal is perfectly balanced (consuming a lot of provisions and restricting deck building) and makes 4p engines playable.

Francesca (ie. Mystic Echo) will be in good spot after patch imho. Instead of endlessly nerfing things they´re trying to elevate other factions and strategies to be competitive.

Yeah, slave hunter was sooo original that nobody play it. Really? I bet today´s morning you didn´t even remeber this card exist and now you´re crying over it?! :D

You could potentially build a deck around slave hunters, if they were reworked to: size the lowest base-power unit. So if you buffed spies with your NG knights you would have a potential combo.
And this combo would most certainly be more effective, if the consistency in this game was improved with the return of Blacklisting. Far more synergies with bronze cards can be realized if the game was more consistent. As it is now, the consistency is mostly based on gold units, with decree and marching orders, with portal as an exeption.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Im guessing you guys never stole an Immune Vysogotta before...

Immune Vysogotta Steal.jpg

Pretty much the best steal a Slave Hunter can (could) make...

For a second you where getting my hopes up that you where reviving witchers when i was reading the changes to eskel but no, looks like all of the witcher cards will forever stay unplayable :( anyways i love the majority of the balancing you have done but please show witchers some love!

After all its called GWENT: the witcher card game :)

At least two of them went from awful to good. :)

It is really disappointed to see that instead of some genius ideas to buff the unplayable cards, the Devs simply apply the no–brainer method to rework them into exact counterpart from other factions. The game is less and less interesting to play with all factions look more and more alike. The so–called mechanism with different keywords for different factions is but a variation of the same model where simple plus/minus calculation dominates. The Devs shows a lack of enthusiasm nor competence in making GWENT a fun balanced game with multiple distinctive factions from the Witcher lore.

Last edited:
2 provisions and 1p boost is no nerf, it is spit in the face of those who expected the balance team to do their job.

If new cards aren't overtuned enough to completly reshape the meta, Harmony will dominate again.

Disagree. They could easily overnerf it which would be just as bad when the game is changing this much. If we weren't getting a big expansion then i would say that it could use a bigger nerf. The meta is going to change a lot now. There is no reason to assume Fran is going to be as overused as it was last meta.
Post automatically merged:

Enough that some could claim they did not do absolutely nothing about them ... although the changes do not amount to anything noteworthy, not even a little.

That is just not true.

[...]
That is just not true.
2 provisions and 1 point on Call, that is practically nothing, one card will be downgraded and nothing will change.
Tell me how I am wrong and that those minor changes change everything ?

You can never please some people :think:
The DJ nerf was good, if it was handled like Fran we would still have the charge gaining DJ and non-Cooldown Igor, DJ would only have lost 1 provision and Igor maybe would have went from 10p to 11p.

2 provisions and 1 point on Call, that is practically nothing, one card will be downgraded and nothing will change.
Tell me how I am wrong and that those minor changes change everything ?

The DJ nerf was good, if it was handled like Fran we would still have the charge gaining DJ and non-Cooldown Igor, DJ would only have lost 1 provision and Igor maybe would have went from 10p to 11p.

I didn't say anything about change everything but your comments saying it's nothing noteworthy "not even a little" is over the top. It definitely effects me that I am losing two provisions. Call isn't that big a deal but I am already planning on removing it from at least one of my decks because there are probably better options at this point.

Two provisions could be a minor problem or a major problem for a deck. I am glad that devs didn't go over the top on nerfing because the game is changing too much to accurately predict where Fran will land.

I didn't say anything about change everything but your comments saying it's nothing noteworthy "not even a little" is over the top. It definitely effects me that I am losing two provisions. Call isn't that big a deal but I am already planning on removing it from at least one of my decks because there are probably better options at this point.

Two provisions could be a minor problem or a major problem for a deck. I am glad that devs didn't go over the top on nerfing because the game is changing too much to accurately predict where Fran will land.
By that logic Foltest and DJ should only have gotten 1-2 provision nerfs, given that "the game is changing too much to accurately predict where" the Igor combo/Foltest "will land".
Nerfing them by forcing them to change 1 6p for a 4p would have definitely made them tolerable, right ?
If you replace Call with Council you already downgraded 2 provisions and do not need to care any further.

By that logic Foltest and DJ should only have gotten 1-2 provision nerfs, given that "the game is changing too much to accurately predict where" the Igor combo/Foltest "will land".
Nerfing them by forcing them to change 1 6p for a 4p would have definitely made them tolerable, right ?
If you replace Call with Council you already downgraded 2 provisions and do not need to care any further.

That isn't the same logic as the Foltest/DJ meta was not right before an expansion.

DJ was nerfed to where Syndicate came dead last in the faction challenge and I rarely saw them. So yeah they could have been nerfed less than they were.

Call for council might be ok in some decks but they do different things so it's not just an automatic swap. For instance in a dwarf deck call is awesome as you get to choose whatever you want. Council would be much much worse.

Last edited:
DJ was nerfed to where Syndicate came dead last in the faction challenge and I rarely saw them. So yeah they could have been nerfed less than they were.
[...]
DJ/Cleaver was still a major second highest Tier deck and after Bancesca that and Foltest were the next best decks.
Honestly I do not agree that Foltest and DJ should not have been hit as hard, although just ignoring Igor and allowing those degenerate plays would be the equivalent to what they did with Bancesca.
We went from one Tier 0 format into another Tier 0.5 format, only that they did not hit the toxic Tier 0.5 deck this time.
And here people claimed bias on the side of SK in old Gwent ...

[...]
Call for council might be ok in some decks but they do different things so it's not just an automatic swap. For instance in a dwarf deck call is awesome as you get to choose whatever you want. Council would be much much worse.
Council boosts by 2 though, you can keep low on a single of the tag to control it more and realistically you will find a low commitment target.

DJ/Cleaver was still a major second highest Tier deck and after Bancesca that and Foltest were the next best decks.
Honestly I do not agree that Foltest and DJ should not have been hit as hard, although just ignoring Igor and allowing those degenerate plays would be the equivalent to what they did with Bancesca.
We went from one Tier 0 format into another Tier 0.5 format, only that they did not hit the toxic Tier 0.5 deck this time.
And here people claimed bias on the side of SK in old Gwent ...

Council boosts by 2 though, you can keep low on a single of the tag to control it more and realistically you will find a low commitment target.

Wouldn't council just show you one dwarf if you don't have a dryad/elf? That's just too random, call is way better in that situation.

I edited in the last post that the logic was not the same as DJ/Foltest was not right before an expansion like we are now. The defenders alone is a giant change to the game.

Wouldn't council just show you one dwarf if you don't have a dryad/elf? That's just too random, call is way better in that situation.
[...]
Of course, I was not talking about the Dwarf deck, the toxic harmony deck does play all 3 and even Bancesca Dwarfs runs a few Dryads/Elves.
To be fair, if you "only" run Dwarfs you can add guaranteed picks with a single Elf and Dryad.

[...]
I edited in the last post that the logic was not the same as DJ/Foltest was not right before an expansion like we are now. The defenders alone is a giant change to the game.
Then why not just revert their changes now before the expansion and return them to their Tier 0 form ?

Of course, I was not talking about the Dwarf deck, the toxic harmony deck does play all 3 and even Bancesca Dwarfs runs a few Dryads/Elves.
To be fair, if you "only" run Dwarfs you can add guaranteed picks with a single Elf and Dryad.

Then why not just revert their changes now before the expansion and return them to their Tier 0 form ?

There are too many strong dwarfs with dwarf synergies to do that. Not to mention we are talking about Fran here who might need to replay this card in which call of the forest is much better, also if you are running great oak council can't pull it at all.

You could revert some of those nerfs and they would fine imo.

No changes to hyperthin or NG control overall.
Minor changes (-3 power in total) to Fran ST and (-2) to any other ST.
Completely underwhelming patch, but hey, my expectations were already 0, so I guess CDPR is at least consistent.

Top Bottom