Toggle to Aim/Crouch/Sprint

+
Personally I think the whole "you shoot things hence Shooter/FPS" is wrong and misleading.

I tend to agree with this (taking it at face value).

It’s more intricate with how much shooting there is and how it (shooting) works mechanically - and the interplay therein.

Although.. For what we’ve been shown and told, I think it leans pretty heavily on the side of narrative driven shooter with RPG and simulation elements.

Sadly enough.

Looking at the gameplay, it just makes me shrug.

I tend to agree with this (taking it at face value).

It’s more intricate with how much shooting there is and how it (shooting) works mechanically - and the interplay therein.

Although.. For what we’ve been shown and told, I think it leans pretty heavily on the side of narrative driven shooter with RPG and simulation elements.

Sadly enough.

Looking at the gameplay, it just makes me shrug.
You don't have to shoot a weapon ever and go full melee instead. Or just use your fists and punch people lol. They probably have that experience mechanic (shoot a gun and you get better at shooting that gun) for every combat element in the game. I am guessing you can just hack people to death and play stealthily instead of shooting as well.

You don't have to shoot a weapon ever and go full melee instead. Or just use your fists and punch people lol. They probably have that experience mechanic (shoot a gun and you get better at shooting that gun) for every combat element in the game. I am guessing you can just hack people to death and play stealthily instead of shooting as well.
I can knife everyone in Call of Duty, doesn't mean it's fun to play that way. Games like Fallout that are mostly designed around shooting combat, I don't find fun to play as a melee character. You're just setting yourself up for a disadvantage for what, principle? Anyone with a minute sense of self preservation doesn't go into a gunfight with a hammer lol

I can knife everyone in Call of Duty, doesn't mean it's fun to play that way. Games like Fallout that are mostly designed around shooting combat, I don't find fun to play as a melee character. You're just setting yourself up for a disadvantage for what, principle? Anyone with a minute sense of self preservation doesn't go into a gunfight with a hammer lol
But the point of this game is to play how you want. This is not a shooter first, it's an RPG with shooter elements. They're going to make every play style viable and fun. You can't compare this to cod at all.
Post automatically merged:

Also I love running around with the tactical knife in COD, that was one of the most fun weapons to use in MW2.

But the point of this game is to play how you want. This is not a shooter first, it's an RPG with shooter elements. They're going to make every play style viable and fun. You can't compare this to cod at all.
They've said other things that didn't turn out to be true so I wouldn't rely on the "play how you want" too heavily. From what we've seen and what they've chosen to show us, this is very much a shooter/combat focused game with RPG elements. Until we see more, my opinion won't be changed on that.

The cod comparison was specific to combat of shooting vs melee. This game seems very much designed around shooting, even so much to make a crutch for those that don't like shooting but still have to (smart guns)

They've said other things that didn't turn out to be true so I wouldn't rely on the "play how you want" too heavily. From what we've seen and what they've chosen to show us, this is very much a shooter/combat focused game with RPG elements. Until we see more, my opinion won't be changed on that.

The cod comparison was specific to combat of shooting vs melee. This game seems very much designed around shooting, even so much to make a crutch for those that don't like shooting but still have to (smart guns)
They don't want to spoil every part of the game before release lol

They don't want to spoil every part of the game before release lol
They've only shown us MAIN story missions lol thats a bullshit excuse. If there's so much more substance to show, they should easily have been able to do that in a not plot spoiling way. Instead they chose to show some pretty key story elements that focused on combat. They shouldn't be surprised people labelling it a shooter when that's mostly what they've shown. So far we've seen less "rpg" gameplay than what we got with Fallout 4
Post automatically merged:

But this is all off topic. It's using lots of shooting gameplay mechanics, it should also have these options for controls

Top Bottom