[Official Problem] Language Subtitle Packs are incorrect for several users for The Witcher 3 for Nintendo Switch

+
I walked twice into the same water.
I cannot buy games in Russian eShop, because I don't have any bank account in Russia. I decided to buy Witcher 3 in the American eShop, hoping that I can download it from the Russian eShop. I did it before with other games. So, I did it yesterday, after that, I switched the region to Russian and I couldn't download it. Russian eShop suggested me to buy it one more time for Russian rubles instead of downloading.
I was just desperate because it was really my desire to play with the Russian language, at least translated text. I understand that it is my problem and nobody make me a refund. Now I own a physical and digital copy of Witcher 3.
I will wait for the official response from CD Red Project, are they going to add the Russian language, or I have to order it from Russia (and buy it in the third time)?

What is strange i write 3 massages to support 3 in 15/10 twice and third in 16/10 no body answer ....:(

Hello,

We're looking into this and will have more info soon. Thank you for your report.

Best regards,
Cheesevendor

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 at 19:32, CD Projekt Red - Support <no_reply@support.cdprojektred.com> wrote:
Game: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Category: TECHNICAL

Issue Title: Languages

Your email address (beware typos!):
Short description of the issue: Please add russian language to eshop like a dlc....please please... Im not living in Russia im from middle east.... And i wanna play in russian language...
Type: Cartridge

That what they said in mail..
Post automatically merged:

I've checked the eshop Russia via switch now they are added langs in overview , supports more than russian and english, german, italina , spanish..... I think "reds" doing something good for us?;) Hope for that...

Last edited:
I read about this in a group of my country, im playing rn with spanish text but i havent updated yet (i have a USA eshop account) and now im afraid about even close the game, theres no official response from cd project red yet?

Hello,

We're looking into this and will have more info soon. Thank you for your report.

Best regards,
Cheesevendor

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 at 19:32, CD Projekt Red - Support <no_reply@support.cdprojektred.com> wrote:
Game: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Category: TECHNICAL

Issue Title: Languages

Your email address (beware typos!):
Short description of the issue: Please add russian language to eshop like a dlc....please please... Im not living in Russia im from middle east.... And i wanna play in russian language...
Type: Cartridge

That what they said in mail..

I've checked the eshop Russia via switch now they are added langs in overview , supports more than russian and english, german, italina , spanish..... I think "reds" doing something good for us?;) Hope for that...
Is Turkish available on eshop?

I read about this in a group of my country, im playing rn with spanish text but i havent updated yet (i have a USA eshop account) and now im afraid about even close the game, theres no official response from cd project red yet?
No, there's no response from them... Not even a Tweet, I suggest you to never update it, or better... sell the game while it's high priced to another fool.

No, there's no response from them... Not even a Tweet, I suggest you to never update it, or better... sell the game while it's high priced to another fool.
Hmmm for the people who has this problem and got the game physical you tried 'uninstall' the data of the game? To see if the language options come back?

Hmmm for the people who has this problem and got the game physical you tried 'uninstall' the data of the game? To see if the language options come back?
Yes i already try that solution, when you uninstall the data of the game the game, simply you can't start the game without the 3.4 patch, it's mandatory for play.

Yes i already try that solution, when you uninstall the data of the game the game, simply you can't start the game without the 3.4 patch, it's mandatory for play.
Omg, cant belive the first update would dissapear a option that is already in the catridge, i hope they put a patch in the next 48h, i cant only have the witcher 3 running, i want to play another games :disapprove:

I bought the game again in the Russian eShop. And yeah, there is Russian language as option, along with English, but there is no other options like French, Italian, etc.

This information wasn't provided at their official site. I am angry on both CDPR and Nintendo. What prevented them to release language packs as DLC's? Why the fuck Nintendo hasn't refund policy at all?

#metoo ;( My wife and I had had such a high hopes to play in our native tongue - Polish. Such a disappointment. We knew that there were local versions available in each country but to my surprise it wasn't possible to order from Poland to be delivered to another EU country for some reason :( This is a bit surprising as NS was promised to be region free.
We are looking forward to have the button 'Download language' operational. We have got positively surprised by the quality of cinematics though. Frankly we were expecting much greater compromises on graphics, knowing how much compute-power hungry the game was on PS4.

With my best wishes
Tomasz

Man, I've tried every fu-king way to play it on my language... I'm heading to hack the Switch so I can modify the files needed to achieve it.

No official response from Red yet, but I think this is either an oversight or something that has to go through Nintendo first. Looking at other games like Skyrim and Diablo, there are language packs available to these games, I think it's just a matter of time before we have similar packages for the Witcher. It might just take some more time. I wish Red could just confirm with a quick tweet or anything to put this all aside :)

Same issue here. I'm currently live abroad and today bought Witcher 3 and found out that game has only English, Portuguese and French language options. I hoped to play it in Polish or Russian voicing, but apparently something went terribly wrong :cry:
Are there any plans to release language patch/dlc?

I send a support ticket addressing the issue and they say they know about it and are working in a solution, for now just hope they put a patch soon

They already update the tecnical support page with the issue, just wait guys :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom