E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
But then again pushing the date even more leads to the game being outdated so much faster provided the new consoles will actually be what they are rumored to be i.e. having 8-core 16-thread CPUs and built in raytracing capabilities and also if CDPR isn’t planning to do the Rockstar double-dipping trick (releasing the game first on an older console and then on a new one when it arrives).
for the next couple of years at least, every game will be cross-gen and the ps4/xbox1 copy will receive a free (we hope) upgrade patch for next gen as it is now for ps4 pro and xbox 1x since backward compatibility has been confirmed. If not, the well deserved shitstorm will be humongous.
Also, with RDR2 coming on PC in 3 weeks, we already know CP2077 will already be graphically outdated at launch, like every other non-sony or non-rockstar game. Or in terms of gunplay and animations. The thing that scares me most now is driving: they never showed driving, in particular in streets with other vehicles (a realistic amount of them, not the 3 cars we saw in 2018). That's weird. We don't want a huge city where the only vehicle moving on the streets is V's bike/car.

"One of the most impressive sequences from Cyberpunk’s gameplay debut was witnessing the bustling traffic at a Night City intersection. A snippet of footage that did little more than set the scene. And that’s not bustling in terms of futuristic vehicles that look a little bit like someone merged the best of both Lamborghini and Ferrari – but people and crowds moving about in a realistic fashion."

I really want to see this.

"One of the most impressive sequences from Cyberpunk’s gameplay debut was witnessing the bustling traffic at a Night City intersection. A snippet of footage that did little more than set the scene. And that’s not bustling in terms of futuristic vehicles that look a little bit like someone merged the best of both Lamborghini and Ferrari – but people and crowds moving about in a realistic fashion."

I really want to see this.
1571422768160.png

P.S. they really shouldn't push the marketing on graphics, we already saw games looking better than CP... They went through the "downgrade bullshit" (that I personally don't agree on), they shouldn't go there.

Last edited:
View attachment 11018726

P.S. they really shouldn't push the marketing on graphics, we already saw games looking better than CP... They went through the "downgrade bullshit" (that I personally don't agree on), they shouldn't go there.

The game does look really good though, if it actually manages to look as good as in e3 2018 trailer and the 2018 demo then it is one of the best looking game..Having this level of graphics is an achievement in of itself in a game that is trying to do so many things.

And i for one can't think of any other RPG that looks as good as this..

The game does look really good though, if it actually manages to look as good as in e3 2018 trailer and the 2018 demo then it is one of the best looking game..Having this level of graphics is an achievement in of itself in a game that is trying to do so many things.

And i for one can't think of any other RPG that looks as good as this..
Well I think a lot of people were disappointed with the 2019 E3 footage. Also, the 2018 E3 stuff was riddled with graphical bugs. Sure they get a pass because it was almost two years before launch but I can't say that's very beautiful...

That John Mamais? Note sure if this man is suitable for PR talk about advanced graphics since it is he first promised and confirmed way too much for Witcher 3 graphics.

The one and only. The very same guy that was on the stage with Konrad Tomaskiewizc at Microsoft E3 conference on 2014, he indeed made bold promises which the game didn’t deliver on.
So take ANYTHING he says with a huge tanker of salt.

Personally graphics will never be the reason I buy this game. Its much more important to me that I can play the game on the hardware that is reasonably available to me.

Personally graphics will never be the reason I buy this game. Its much more important to me that I can play the game on the hardware that is reasonably available to me.
100% agree. I just don't like when they make unrealistic promises/statements. Also, those things are usually followed by a backlash.

100% agree. I just don't like when they make unrealistic promises/statements. Also, those things are usually followed by a backlash.

Which statement was this? The quoted one said "one of the most impressive", which is ambiguous. If you have other games "more impressive", then the statement still holds true. Not to mention "impressive" can mean many things.

Second and third part of the interview with John Mamais, which was posted above.

- he admits that Witcher 3 open world content was implemented pretty late into development, but in case of Cyberpunk 2077 they are working on it from the start. They want for every piece of open world content to feel like an organic part of the world, providing context and room to develop your character further outside of main story to much, much greater extent then The Witcher 3

- open world gameplay is going to be more emergent then The Witcher, with things like witnessing fights between NPC's (in which you can choose to participate) or other activities happening in the city

- Street Stories are contracts, which you do for different gangs or factions outside of the main story, which allow you to improve your reputation with specific groups, thus giving you access to further contracts, open world stories, new vendors and other gang related benefits

- regarding the progress on the game, it's still not feature complete or fully playable from start to finish, since they are constantly adding stuff to the game, which also creates more blockers that they have to deal with. Current plan for them is to implement everything into the game before the end of 2019. Personally John would prefer if they wouldn't set any sort of release date for the game, because you never know what might happen during development, but at the same time he understands the need for set release date for the promotional purposes

Not feature complete yet, eh?

...still naively having fingers crossed they make something actually interesting, RPGy and surprising for this day and age (i.e. unconventional skills and interaction mechanics) out of the charactersystems; still naively having fingers crossed the smart gun mechanics work as an ”RPG-mode” of sorts instead of curving-autohit-low-damage-bullets...

The bones of my fingers have grown twisted from all this crossing of them. But still going strong.

Last edited:
Welp, it starts to look like one of those games that will be pretty hard to finish for someone like me. I have limited time for playing games and TBH the whole "we're still adding stuff to the game" thing scares me.

Welp, it starts to look like one of those games that will be pretty hard to finish for someone like me. I have limited time for playing games and TBH the whole "we're still adding stuff to the game" thing scares me.
they said from the very first day that it'll offer more or less the same content of TW3, but with replayablity.

The thing that scares me of those quotes is that the game will be released in 6 months (with one of the main devs saying he'd prefer not to have a fixed release date???) and they are still adding things, with few months for optimization on 4 consoles and thousands of possible PC configurations, polishing and whatnot. Also animations are still a problem... And they haven't finished all the game's features yet? Oh boy, smells like delay incoming or another TW3-like launch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom