Weekly Poll - 10/4/2019 - Story Themes

+

What themes/ideas are you most interested in Cyberpunk's story exploring?

• Total voters
I definitely think all of the options will be there, the question for the poll is which themes are you most interested in.

Can't pass up any of them really. Most if not all propose things I would like to explore and learn about in the Dystopian world of Night City.

As with some other polls, all these feel like parts of the whole picture that consists the world of Cyberpunk. There's no choice, all are inevitable part of capitalistic future. I can say for sure that CP2077 shouldn't devle into - V's personal story and xir's companions. They don't strike as impressive written characters up to standards set by Witcher 3. The game is called "Cyberpunk 2077" after all, not "Solo of Fortune 2077". So naturally it should tell the story of the world, the games main protagonist the player itself in these type of Sandbox RPGs, and players themselves decides the path of their character.

While I want pretty much all of these, I'm most looking forward to 1, 3, & 4. This is our first game with V in Night City, so I'm happy to focus on their personal story and how that can be affected by our choices. It can be really tough to address the big topics if we aren't anchored to the world first.

I would ask the same question what wrong with V ? You can roll play him / her anyway you want ?

Nothing conceptually I suppose. Unless I get technical (which I could, and have in the past, but won’t here)...

I just wouldn’t want to see him as protagonist again. Hence, I hope it’s the first and last time we see him in Night City.

Nothing conceptually I suppose. Unless I get technical (which I could, and have in the past, but won’t here)...

I just wouldn’t want to see him as protagonist again. Hence, I hope it’s the first and last time we see him in Night City.

Okay i get it (y) For me i can see both . On one hand i would like to watch V grow as a character over 3 games , on the other hand if CDPR leave V behind the story could jump forward years or switch Cities :shrug:

Okay i get it (y) For me i can see both . On one hand i would like to watch V grow as a character over 3 games , on the other hand if CDPR leave V behind the story could jump forward years or switch Cities :shrug:

Yeah, well... Night City is so big full of potential and opportunities for individual stories and events of all kind, that I wouldn’t want to see a possible game series around it be wasted by wrapping it around a singular character, nor by leaving it behind after one game.

Sequels and add ons can well work during the same time chronologically and have nothing of significance to do with each other.

That’s what I’m hoping for if this game turns into a series. Take full advantage of the setting, mechanics and what they have to offer, don’t hang yourself up on a singular insignificant aspect/person.

Top Bottom