The General Videogame Thread

+
The reality of a Diablo 4 reveal in the near future was getting clearer for some time now. Something i recall - and drew my interest - is the return to form in terms of aesthetic. The 3rd iteration featured a departure from the gritty, realistic - as opposed to cartoonish (D3) - gothic horror style of the first and the second. Path of Exile is another example of that D2 aesthetic done justice.

TLOU2 delayed to May 29th after announcing the release date exactly 1 month ago. :facepalm:

Same for WD legion and gods and monsters which were supposed to come in february and are delayed to july-december 2020 (couldn't care less, usual ubisoft mediocre games).

DOOM going to 2020 as well insted of... now.

WTF, man?

Can we consider CP77 delayed as well? :ROFLMAO:
Seriously though, with all those feedback about shooting and melee and CDPR decision to feed us with that poor deep dive video instead of proper gameplay, I wouldn't be surprised. At all. Maybe it's even better. As ridiculous as TLOU2, but I don't want to play another TW3 at launch or a AAA game with DE HR combat in 2020.

Diablo 4?

Great news if true.
Not great news... D3 is trash and so will D4 be. Acti Blizz cant make a good Diablo game.
Post automatically merged:

TLOU2 delayed to May 29th after announcing the release date exactly 1 month ago. :facepalm:

Same for WD legion and gods and monsters which were supposed to come in february and are delayed to july-december 2020 (couldn't care less, usual ubisoft mediocre games).

DOOM going to 2020 as well insted of... now.

WTF, man?

Can we consider CP77 delayed as well? :ROFLMAO:
Seriously though, with all those feedback about shooting and melee and CDPR decision to feed us with that poor deep dive video instead of proper gameplay, I wouldn't be surprised. At all. Maybe it's even better. As ridiculous as TLOU2, but I don't want to play another TW3 at launch or a AAA game with DE HR combat in 2020.
Cyberpunk 2077 might not even make it into my game library if it has no third person cutscenes. Lets see what CDPR does tho but its not looking good.

WTF, man?

Studios’ getting too ambitious with too much profit requirements and too little time to make it happen in ”acceptable” form.

Bad combo.

I haven’t seen AAA game worth the wait and delays, and delivering on the big expectations and promises in years. Well over 90% of released games are just overpriced junk whose actual function could’ve been reached with far less than what it actually took.

The trend should turn around again. Investing where it counts in a game and saving from where it doesn’t. Ambitious, but moderated scale.

I have spoken.

Last edited:
Studios’ getting too ambitious with too much profit requirements and too little time to make it happen in ”acceptable” form.

Bad combo.

I haven’t seen AAA game worth the wait and delays, and delivering on the big expectations and promises in years. Well over 90% of released games are just overpriced junk whose actual function could’ve been reached with far less than what it actually took.

The trend should turn around again. Investing where it counts in a game and saving from where it doesn’t. Ambitious, but moderated scale.

I have spoken.
Indie games are way better these days. The big studios are just plain out of touch and too fucking greedy.

Indie games are way better these days. The big studios are just plain out of touch and too fucking greedy.

Indie companies very rarely makes it, even companies like Wildcard Studio, they have amazing 5 to 10 mill users on Steam accordingly to SteamSpy and they are still broke. Support the greed, imho. Ive seen hundreds of indies going down.

Another excellent example of indie success is Star Citizen, interesting to see where they are at 5 year mark or so.

Post automatically merged:

Not great news... D3 is trash and so will D4 be. Acti Blizz cant make a good Diablo game.

I think Diablo 3 was great.

Last edited:
They really are. They tend to have the much sought out look and feel like they were made with a genuine vision more so than money in mind.
I rather buy a supporter DLC for a indie game like ATOM rpg has than buying a 60 euro game that is likely also epic exclusive.

Its all about ethics. Indie devs might even underprice their games, while big studios greed goes for the 60 dollar price regardless of content plus they expect people to pay nearly the same for DLCs.

This is why i only buy on GOG, most indie games are on there anyways and the big studio ones there are usually worth getting. Tho im mad that they didnt get Dead in Bermuda when they already have the sequel.

Its also about players being stupid by buying shitty big studio games that are usually DRM heavy and high priced. Gamers gotta learn that to make big companies change they have to refuse to buy the games they release even if its a title they always wanted. Like people will buy Diablo 4 no matter how many DLCs and bad bugs and problems there will be. People bought Modern Warfare, same game as all of them, same title as a previous installment too but hey, its easy money for the studio, who cares that it crashes on XBOX.

Top Bottom