Update 4.1 Patch Notes

+
you really need to nerf damien (to 3 power at last, and row-locked) - because of OP leader seize effect

defender + damien = auto win

damien now is 5 + 10 to 20 points + you lose engine = 15-25 points card for 11 provisions = best card in game + hard to kill (5 points)

also tactic sieze deck is too op

The Enslave deck, while strong, is not nearly as OP as you make it out to be, nor is Damien an auto-win when he triggers. First of all, Enslave doesn't always find a good target because you can play large units (including some Defenders) and you can protect your units by buffing them. This is especially true in a short round, meaning bleeding an Enslave deck could be fruitful. Furthermore, there are other combos that outshine Damien. This also means that Damien is not the best card in the game. Finally, both the Defender and Damien can be countered in a number of ways, including purifying the former and locking the latter; Muzzle works wonders too.

The Enslave deck, while strong, is not nearly as OP as you make it out to be, nor is Damien an auto-win when he triggers. First of all, Enslave doesn't always find a good target because you can play large units (including some Defenders) and you can protect your units by buffing them. This is especially true in a short round, meaning bleeding an Enslave deck could be fruitful. Furthermore, there are other combos that outshine Damien. This also means that Damien is not the best card in the game. Finally, both the Defender and Damien can be countered in a number of ways, including purifying the former and locking the latter; Muzzle works wonders too.

Enslave is currently the Best of all abilities - it works as: get ride of enymy engine / carryover / defender with 6 points or less, and create the same engine / defender / carryover on Your side in the same time. Any other fraction don't have ability as strong, causing players to even exlude usefull hi-provinsion cards from decks because it will be suicide to play them aginst enslave- examples of these card's are Northen Realms defender or Vandergrift; so undoubtedly enslave ability is OP and i think it should be reworked, just like sweers and philippa in Syndycate - these cards are just way too powerfull.
But in the same time I don't agree that Damien is too powerfull- 5 strengh is normal for hi-provinsion order cards without zeal, an it can de destroyed by alzurs thunder for 5 privinsion for example. Enslave is a problem , not Damien

Hmmm, not the fixes I was expecting. This should just be called the super casual patch. I understand making the game easier for mobile casuals is important though,but once again the people who have been here for years take a back seat. We need a major balance overhaul in the next couple months instead of an expansion. Another month I'm sticking to casual and arena. I can't afford losing another controller playing ranked.
Post automatically merged:

Also are Thronebreaker cards getting full mill? I spent tons of scraps making these cards before I bought Thronebreaker. 3200 scraps each for some. So hoping these will be full mill value.

Also are Thronebreaker cards getting full mill? I spent tons of scraps making these cards before I bought Thronebreaker. 3200 scraps each for some. So hoping these will be full mill value.
HC is actually an advanced beta looking at all the changes being made and still needed. Unfortunately, CDPR calls it a full release and does not treat players as if it is a beta. Milling for full value is now significantly reduced, even when cards are greatly overhauled. And where did our leader cards go that we spent award points, scraps and/or real money on? All kinds of (nonsensical) things are decided and very little is explained. That's terrible stakeholder management if you're looking for "buy-in".

HC is actually an advanced beta looking at all the changes being made and still needed. Unfortunately, CDPR calls it a full release and does not treat players as if it is a beta. Milling for full value is now significantly reduced, even when cards are greatly overhauled. And where did our leader cards go that we spent award points, scraps and/or real money on? All kinds of (nonsensical) things are decided and very little is explained. That's terrible stakeholder management if you're looking for "buy-in".
Its been like this for over 2 years. I've been gaming since the atari came out and can't think of a more botched game than this. I love it still but the drama the beta testers have gone through is legendary, up there with fallout 76. Not monetarily but mismanagement, not listening to the community (doing the opposite) and overall lack of direction. It's only because it's cdpr that it's gotten a pass from everyone.

Gwent has been a series of frustrations. The people who have been there through the whole beta would understand.

I've been there since beta and I know the frustrations you talk of. I was just trying to make a joke, but I wasn't making fun of your opinion in any way. Sorry, if it seemed like that.

To be honest for me the most understable game was, when there wasn't abilities like "create two or four cards at once", or " play two or more cards in one turn" . It make's the game too much unnecessary complicated. Don't understand me wrong please - I can handle current meta, I can play in it, and in the passing season i have about 68% of wins in pro-rank games (172W/102L/4D) so don't attack me please that I allegadedly dont like current gameplay because I can't handle it, because it is no True. What I Just want to Say is, that for me game was more relaxing and geave me more fun when it was simple card-for-card system. It was easier to create a deck to counter all other fractions , and the game wasn't so stressful as it is now when , for example, opponent is hitting me every turn 4 Times with 4 dwarves created in one turn and hide behind defender who obviously - created ealier another 2 cards when he was played , and that cards changed in another two hits per turn in one turn by another card - so in three moves the are 8 cards on the table , and six of them with domage for enymy units every turn. Maybe for sameone it is fun and great gameplay - no doubt, maybe even for many of You, but for me - only stressful and far far away from fun.
Of course it is only My totally subjective opinion and everybody can have another one , but I really miss gwent as it was before Crimson Curse update. Just that

Last edited:
To be honest for me the most understable game was, when there wasn't abilities like "create two or four cards at once", or " play two or more cards in one turn" . It make's the game too much unnecessary complicated. Don't understand me wrong please - I can handle current meta, I can play in it, and in the passing season i have about 68% of wins in pro-rank games (172W/102L/4D) so don't attack me please that I allegadedly dont like current gameplay because I can't handle it, because it is no True. What I Just want to Say is, that for me game was more relaxing and geave me more fun when it was simple card-for-card system. It was easier to create a deck to counter all other fractions , and the game wasn't so stressful as it is now when , for example, opponent is hitting me every turn 4 Times with 4 dwarves created in one turn and hide behind defender who obviously - created ealier another 2 cards when he was played , and that cards changed in another two hits per turn in one turn by another card - so in three moves the are 8 cards on the table , and six of them with domage for enymy units every turn. Maybe for sameone it is fun and great gameplay - no doubt, maybe even for many of You, but for me - only stressful and far far away from fun.
Of course it is only My totally subjective opinion and everybody can have another one , but I really miss gwent as it was before Crimson Curse update. Just that
Stressful is a great way to put it. I'm worn out after only a couple matches but it's exhausting and I stop after a few matches. Beta though I could play for 6 hours a day and enjoy losing for the most part. (except to Viper witchers, and dwarves) I still like the game alot and am fine with 2 rows now, just need some balancing of unhealthy mechanics

[suggestion]
Make repetitive continous "esc" button pressing quit the game instantly instead of entering an infinite loop of asking if I'm sure that want to quit gwent

Why does Savolla's frightener have armour? QwQ
Yeah, can't agree more.
In fact I kinda rised my brows when I read Savolla's token lost 1 power...I was like "just remove its armor".
I think a LOT of cards either had armor when they shouldn't or has some really arbitrary amount of armor attached to them.

I also agree with 4RM3D, all that is nice and dandy but we needed more balance tweaks (like, a lot more).
Double card play leaders, Portal, most of the Defenders....
I'm really disappointed with the lack of balancing this month, the meta is far from being fine right now.

As a returning player, I really appreciate the changes, while I do understand some of the complaints.

I participated in both the closed and open betas, but the gameplay back then didn't really amuse me (I never played Witcher 3 though - I'm only just playing through the second one). This current Gwent speaks much more to me so I play it on a daily basis now.
So from that point of view, these UI/function tweaks were spot on! I'm really happy the round counter is more prevalent, that we have more time to see what happened at the end of each round, that the 'End Turn' button gets chained up when I need to play a card after using an Order, etc. Maybe these things aren't a biggie for people who have been playing for all these years - it is definitely super helpful for us returning players (and, by extension, all the new players as well).

However I do agree with one of the posters here who said that the amount of things that can be done in a player's turn is getting a bit ridiculous. I quite enjoyed the initial ladder experience of almost a card for a card. Now that I got ahead I see things like 'I play a card that plays another card, then activate an Order that plays a third card which destroys another card, all the while my 5 units keep firing away at the enemy'. It's a bit over the top. I'm exaggerating of course. I don't mind the occasional 'play this card that plays another card' (like Affa or the guy who spawns a copy of a bronze Soldier in your hand), but anything above that is a bit counter-productive to what this game is supposed to be, IMHO.

I also feel like some effects could be explained better, like how Armor counts as a Point Value even though it doesn't add to your point total. 'Feelsbadman' when you try to steal a 3 point unit with Sweers just to realize that it isn't really 3 point because it has 1 armor. Maybe Sweers could say: (Melee): "Seize an enemy unit with 3 or less power, including Armor."

Last edited:
As a returning player, I really appreciate the changes, while I do understand some of the complaints.

I participated in both the closed and open betas, but the gameplay back then didn't really amuse me (I never played Witcher 3 though - I'm only just playing through the second one). This current Gwent speaks much more to me so I play it on a daily basis now.
So from that point of view, these UI/function tweaks were spot on! I'm really happy the round counter is more prevalent, that we have more time to see what happened at the end of each round, that the 'End Turn' button gets chained up when I need to play a card after using an Order, etc. Maybe these things aren't a biggie for people who have been playing for all these years - it is definitely super helpful for us returning players (and, by extension, all the new players as well).

However I do agree with one of the posters here who said that the amount of things that can be done in a player's turn is getting a bit ridiculous. I quite enjoyed the initial ladder experience of almost a card for a card. Now that I got ahead I see things like 'I play a card that plays another card, then activate an Order that plays a third card which destroys another card, all the while my 5 units keep firing away at the enemy'. It's a bit over the top. I'm exaggerating of course. I don't mind the occasional 'play this card that plays another card' (like Affa or the guy who spawns a copy of a bronze Soldier in your hand), but anything above that is a bit counter-productive to what this game is supposed to be, IMHO.

I also feel like some effects could be explained better, like how Armor counts as a Point Value even though it doesn't add to your point total. 'Feelsbadman' when you try to steal a 3 point unit with Sweers just to realize that it isn't really 3 point because it has 1 armor. Maybe Sweers could say: (Melee): "Seize an enemy unit with 3 or less power, including Armor."
I think I'd report that as a bug

Patch is full of issues and is making the game take longer instead of faster. Soooo many slow downs it is unbelievable. Playing on the Xbox and time after time once both opponents pass the game just sits there doing nothing. Took so long once I could of sworn the whole system froze up but it finally came back to the next round. This is happening all over the place at different times. Instead of being faster the games are longer now.

I think I'd report that as a bug

If it was, they must've fixed it because my opponent had no issues stealing my Aerd Faeinn Heavy Cavalry (3 Power 2 Armor), after which I stole it right back. So it worked both ways. Before the patch, I know at least 2 instances where I couldn't target a 3 Power unit that had armor, and I'm 99% sure there were no units with Defender around.

Also, is it just me or some of the premium Iron Judgment card look a bit low-res compared to the ones from earlier sets?

Patch is full of issues and is making the game take longer instead of faster. Soooo many slow downs it is unbelievable. Playing on the Xbox and time after time once both opponents pass the game just sits there doing nothing. Took so long once I could of sworn the whole system froze up but it finally came back to the next round. This is happening all over the place at different times. Instead of being faster the games are longer now.

Well, I don't know what the "full of issues" means, but it's the same on PC, it takes 1-2 sec longer than what it should be IMHO to end a game. I still appreciate the fact that I actually have time to process what happened.

Enslave is currently the Best of all abilities - it works as: get ride of enymy engine / carryover / defender with 6 points or less, and create the same engine / defender / carryover on Your side in the same time. Any other fraction don't have ability as strong, causing players to even exlude usefull hi-provinsion cards from decks because it will be suicide to play them aginst enslave- examples of these card's are Northen Realms defender or Vandergrift; so undoubtedly enslave ability is OP and i think it should be reworked, just like sweers and philippa in Syndycate - these cards are just way too powerfull.
But in the same time I don't agree that Damien is too powerfull- 5 strengh is normal for hi-provinsion order cards without zeal, an it can de destroyed by alzurs thunder for 5 privinsion for example. Enslave is a problem , not Damien
I had a very good laugh while reading this post, thank you a lot.

Top Bottom