Movies / TV Shows!

+
Is that where The Boys took the idea?
Yeah, there was another comic book Martial Law (made by the creator of Judge Dredd), which also dealt with similar subject matter, which was also inspired by Watchmen, but Boys and Martial Law definitely come off as much more hateful toward superheroes, made by the people who always hated the genre (in case of Garth Ennis, The Boys creator, with some exceptions, like Superman) while Alan Moore was someone who liked superhero comics when he was younger and simply got bored of them, so even in The Watchmen you can sense melancholy and nostalgia for those more innocent times. Meanwhile in Martial Law and The Boys superheroes are depicted as either psychopaths with too much power, incompetent or both at the same time. Watchmen by comparison have definitely much more human protagonists, in The Boys and Martial Law characters sometimes felt (at least for me) more cartoonish.

I'm liking it overall, but I'm not sure if it's because I desperately need another Witcher fix or because it's good. CDPR games just look better than this, somewhat more lived in, consistent visually with a flavor of their own (at least W2-W3). This one feels like a mish mash of generic fantasy elements. It's not cheap, but sort of sterile and generic.

I also don't have an opinion on Chalotra as Yennefer yet. CDPR nailed it so hard it's difficult to switch to something else.

No cat eyes on Geralt, literally unwatchable.

Still looks like a generic fantasy series or movie based on that trailer, but least Roach got an appearance.

Does Netflix ever release their things on bluray?

I’m not a customer of theirs, and probably won’t be either, so if they keep it only for streaming, I’m not going to see it.

Hmmm. What a lot of blood, fire, and tears. . . . I'm still not impressed. But, since I don't subscribe to Netflex, either, I'll probably never watch it.

The latest trailer is looking better than the previous one. There may be hope still that the series isn't completely... *ahem* a disappointment.

No cat eyes on Geralt, literally unwatchable.

Still looks like a generic fantasy series or movie based on that trailer, but least Roach got an appearance.
Dandelion shows up too and you know, cats dont always have the slit pupils.
Post automatically merged:

The latest trailer is looking better than the previous one. There may be hope still that the series isn't completely... *ahem* a disappointment.
Why does everyone have such low expectations? Looks amazing so far to me.

Why does everyone have such low expectations? Looks amazing so far to me.

They probably saw the last season of Game of Thrones. Expectations will forever be lowered for all things entertainment. I agree with you completely, if it makes you feel any better. I'm looking forward to the show. It it's a dud it will be disappointing but not the end of the world.

They probably saw the last season of Game of Thrones. Expectations will forever be lowered for all things entertainment. I agree with you completely, if it makes you feel any better. I'm looking forward to the show. It it's a dud it will be disappointing but not the end of the world.
Every shows last season is bad..[...] . I cant wait to see Geralt and the gang go to Toussaint.

Every shows last season is bad..

Not really. It was just an example anyway. The underlying point is there is a lot of junk floating around. TV shows, movies, games.... So the default mental state is often apprehension, tearing things down before they get started and materializing problems from thin air to prevent disappointment. Then when the content nears delivery it turns into attempts to reaffirm those views to somehow... validate them :).

I don't have high hopes for the Netflix Witcher, but I'm curious about the Wheel of Time tv show. I'm currently reading Crossroads of Twilight (book 11 I think) and the series seem quite fluctuating in quality, even a bit cringy at times, but it is fun overall and I can't wait to see how they translate it to TV screen. I'm expecting something like The Sword of Truth TV show with higher production quality.

I don't have high hopes for the Netflix Witcher, but I'm curious about the Wheel of Time tv show. I'm currently reading Crossroads of Twilight (book 11 I think) and the series seem quite fluctuating in quality, even a bit cringy at times, but it is fun overall and I can't wait to see how they translate it to TV screen. I'm expecting something like The Sword of Truth TV show with higher production quality.

From what I've seen, one network or another has been sitting on the license for something like 10 years. And all they've ever done is plan a few things, cancel, and produce one horrible (...and I mean horrible...) "teaser" about 4-5 years ago.

It's a a very challenging IP. The concepts and stylization are really going to demand a lot, as it's a story that has not really been visualized as much as, say, The Lord of the Rings. But I think the mix of fantasy / sci-fi has a lot of potential.

Last edited:
From what I've seen, one network or another has been sitting on the license for something like 10 years. And all they've ever done is plan a few things, cancel, and produce one horrible (...and I mean horrible...) "teaser" about 4-5 years ago.

It's a a very challenging IP. The concepts and stylization are really going to demand a lot, as it's a story that has not really been visualized as much as, say, The Lord of the Rings. But I think the mix of fantasy / sci-fi has a lot of potential.
We'll see. From what I see on the wiki page, they are working hard on it right now. They are even shooting in my country (Czech Republic).

We'll see. From what I see on the wiki page, they are working hard on it right now. They are even shooting in my country (Czech Republic).

If that's the case -- coolnesses! I'm thinking, like, between 15 and 25 coolnesses.

Glad Game of Thrones happened. Despite how that all ended, it proves that you can do quality fantasy and that there is a strong audience for it. Can't wait to see an Aiel on-screen... :D

Top Bottom