[Official Problem] Language Subtitle Packs are incorrect for several users for The Witcher 3 for Nintendo Switch

+
The issue is solved for LantinAmerican users, I'm really happy to play it in my language, now I don't have to skip most of the text, I really enjoy the translations.

It feels like having a brand new game.

Thanks for this awesome game.

And please, please, please, don't screw it on the next updates ...

Good luck for the ppl waiting for another languages to be fixed, I wish you a lot of patience (you'll need it because they do surprise unannounced fixes as we can see).
Cool! Good game man (y)

I am very upset with CDPR for the lack of response to the matter. Even if the answer is bad news, I believe your customers owe an explanation. I am Brazilian and bought the game in the e-Shop of sweden and believed it would have dubbing and subtitles in brazilian portuguese because it is a complete edition. I don't think it's hard to solve, but an official answer would make me happy.
Post automatically merged:

[QUOTE = "condutor, postagem: 11759471, membro: 4373720"]
Eu realmente não vi nenhuma situação "resolvida" aqui ... Continuo com a mesma falha no idioma português.
[/CITAR]
Estamos na mesma situação amigo. Vamos torcer para que a versão europeia tenha o idioma Português BR o quanto antes.

Last edited:
Yes: I own the version, which unfortunately has only english language and nothing else. That is far from Complete edition - I don't get it why such limited version even exists. And why there are no optional language packs like for Diablo and other big titles on Switch. If you make this game for a full price after 5 years, you should at least communicate with customers regards this.
Dammit, even the release of fix for Spanish was discovered here by random guy and your Support page still has outdated informations about fix - it says that you are still working on it -updated a week ago!

I am very upset with CDPR for the lack of response to the matter. Even if the answer is bad news, I believe your customers owe an explanation. I am Brazilian and bought the game in the e-Shop of sweden and believed it would have dubbing and subtitles in brazilian portuguese because it is a complete edition. I don't think it's hard to solve, but an official answer would make me happy.

Me too man (sorry, I will write only in English because people here will not understand Portuguese, but I'm on the same boat, bought on Swedeen and now are unable to play in Portuguese). Cheers.

No 3.5 version for me... yet...

Last edited:
Situation is really ridiculous for me.
I live in Poland, own Nintendo Switch from European distribution (would say polish, but there is no other distribution for N products in here than one ran by Czech Republic based company...)
Have a copy of Witcher 3 for Switch, game bought in Warsaw for me as a gift.
And the only way I can play it is English dub + text... seriously?
Language pack download option disappeared, as you all know, after day one update to 1.60 version, just great...
So I play game, written by polish Dev Team, translated to English language, and need to translate game "in head" to polish again.

I believe, we are all too quiet, need to push developer/ publisher for clear statement, at least some ETA for language packs to be available for download. I opened ticket to technical support with no response so far. Surprised dev/publisher social media pages are not flooded with "unhappy" comments.
Is anyone from them even checking on forum? Game is great but this is HUGE flaw...

Situation is really ridiculous for me.
I live in Poland, own Nintendo Switch from European distribution (would say polish, but there is no other distribution for N products in here than one ran by Czech Republic based company...)
Have a copy of Witcher 3 for Switch, game bought in Warsaw for me as a gift.
And the only way I can play it is English dub + text... seriously?
Language pack download option disappeared, as you all know, after day one update to 1.60 version, just great...
So I play game, written by polish Dev Team, translated to English language, and need to translate game "in head" to polish again.

I believe, we are all too quiet, need to push developer/ publisher for clear statement, at least some ETA for language packs to be available for download. I opened ticket to technical support with no response so far. Surprised dev/publisher social media pages are not flooded with "unhappy" comments.
Is anyone from them even checking on forum? Game is great but this is HUGE flaw...
Yep, they chose to stay totally silent. Looks like CDProject shouldn't be as praised as it is. Someone should note Kotaku redactors or Nintendo Everything Web or others about this - they usually make those kind of issues visible and honest article about this ignoration could make things move...

Yep, they chose to stay totally silent. Looks like CDProject shouldn't be as praised as it is. Someone should note Kotaku redactors or Nintendo Everything Web or others about this - they usually make those kind of issues visible and honest article about this ignoration could make things move...
CDPR support always wasn't cool.

Switch version is not their product, they just outsource it to Russian-based Saber Interactive studio. So I guess CDPR could just send them request to fix it, but they cannot directly push them to fix it immediately.

To be honest, I don't think that this Language problem will be fixed at all. All this shit seems to me like intentional. Buy game in your eShop region. Oh, you already bought it in other? Please, buy it again.

CDPR support always wasn't cool.

Switch version is not their product, they just outsource it to Russian-based Saber Interactive studio. So I guess CDPR could just send them request to fix it, but they cannot directly push them to fix it immediately.

To be honest, I don't think that this Language problem will be fixed at all. All this shit seems to me like intentional. Buy game in your eShop region. Oh, you already bought it in other? Please, buy it again.
Once again, this is not about immediate solution. This is about lack of communication - CDPR could just make some official statement regards this. Someone in different thread on forums reposted reply from Russian Saber Studios, where they asked about more graphical options in future. The reply could be roughly translated as "Please direct your requests to CDPR".
This silence from them is just hugely annoing...

US version, 官方能更新一个中文补丁么,下了美版的游戏结果没有中文,告诉我只有港版有中文,醉了。其他游戏都能有中文为什么the witcher 3不能有。中国玩家为你们花了那么多钱,为什么不能有中文版本。
Can you guys update a Chinese pack in US region because many Chinese player buy games with pay pal. They can download games easily in US region. We pay a lot of money for you guys,why can`t we have a Chinese pack!!!

I am brazilian, and I bought the European version, physical copy. But I don't have the translation packs in portuguese. In my opinion, they could add all translation packs on the eShop. It will get better for everyone. Mainly in some countrys like mine that we don't have officially the Nintendo products. But we love it. I have no problem to play in english, but this game you have lots of texts and the NPCs uses lots of slangs. So, please, translation packs on eShop!

So, a friend of mine from Russia sent me a physical copy which contains the Russian language. I put a cartridge in the Switch and was surprised - Switch thinks that they are two separate games (just want to remind, I have the US version as well). Now, I have two exactly the same Witcher icons. Also, when I launched it, the whole progress I had to start from scratch, I couldn't use save files from the US version in the Russian version.

So, a friend of mine from Russia sent me a physical copy which contains the Russian language. I put a cartridge in the Switch and was surprised - Switch thinks that they are two separate games (just want to remind, I have the US version as well). Now, I have two exactly the same Witcher icons. Also, when I launched it, the whole progress I had to start from scratch, I couldn't use save files from the US version in the Russian version.

It's unfair you have to buy the same game twice. The developer has to support the problems. And it is easy to solve. It is easy. I hope they will release all translation packs on the eShop.

The reply could be roughly translated as "Please direct your requests to CDPR".
Well. They say it directly at their further replies :D
1573174898693.png

This reply could be literally translated as "Hello! Please send all question and suggestion about Witcher 3 port directly to CDPR [at the link below]".

But there is also good news, because they also say this:
1573175030598.png

Here the man above has also the problem with language (he lives in Europe and bought cart without Russian, because carts with Russian are selling only in Russia). So he told full story and got an answer from Saber team. Translation:

"Good afternoon! Thank you for your message and kind words towards our studio! About your question: we have plans, but we cannot give you any exact information and time frame".

My personal opinion:
Saber Interactive is pretty small team. They are porting many Switch games currently, Witcher 3 is considered as a job already done. So yeah, they know about problem, but they haven't enough resources to fix it quickly, even if it's relatively easy thing. So cross fingers and just wait.

There is no any surprise here. Witcher 3 has dedicated version in many regions, especially where it has full VO.

Other examples: You can buy 3 variants of Splatoon 2: US, EU and ASIA. They will have exactly the same icons.

Last edited:
I am brazilian, and I bought the European version, physical copy. But I don't have the translation packs in portuguese. In my opinion, they could add all translation packs on the eShop. It will get better for everyone. Mainly in some countrys like mine that we don't have officially the Nintendo products. But we love it. I have no problem to play in english, but this game you have lots of texts and the NPCs uses lots of slangs. So, please, translation packs on eShop!

Agreed man! (estamos juntos)

US version, 官方能更新一个中文补丁么,下了美版的游戏结果没有中文,告诉我只有港版有中文,醉了。其他游戏都能有中文为什么the witcher 3不能有。中国玩家为你们花了那么多钱,为什么不能有中文版本。
Can you guys update a Chinese pack in US region because many Chinese player buy games with pay pal. They can download games easily in US region. We pay a lot of money for you guys,why can`t we have a Chinese pack!!!
It had the Chinese subtitle in the initial 3.2 version. But they decided to remove it in the 3.4 patch. I notice they brought the Spanish sub back in the 3.5 patch a few days ago. Please CDPR, bring the Chinese sub back, PLEASE! the English sub is too difficult to understand, some of them are not even English. It's not fair to customers who paid the same amount of money but don't get the complete experience.

Please bring the Chinese sub back to the US edition. It had the Chinese subtitle in the initial 3.2 version. But it got removed from the 3.4 patch. I noticed you guys brought the Spanish sub back in the 3.5 patch a few days ago. Please CDPR, bring the Chinese sub back, PLEASE! the English sub is too difficult to understand, some of them are not even English. We want to get the same complete experience as other players do. Please help. Thank you for your time!

So, I made this question on official page:
"Good morning! Please, I want some help with the language packs of the physical copy of the game. I don't have the portuguese language pack on my copy, I bought the European version, because was the first I could get here in Brazil. So, please, could you guys add on the eShop all language packs for us to download? Many players are complaing about that in lots of forums around the internet. I guess that, if you put the translation packs on the eShop, everyone will get happy. Please, CDProjekt, help us! And thanks to bring this marterpiece to Nintendo Switch."

And they awsered that:
Hi,

"Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate when gamers give us their feedback directly!

Regarding the languages, we are looking into this. Thank you for your report.

Happy Hunting."

I am hopeful about it

So, I made this question on official page:
"Good morning! Please, I want some help with the language packs of the physical copy of the game. I don't have the portuguese language pack on my copy, I bought the European version, because was the first I could get here in Brazil. So, please, could you guys add on the eShop all language packs for us to download? Many players are complaing about that in lots of forums around the internet. I guess that, if you put the translation packs on the eShop, everyone will get happy. Please, CDProjekt, help us! And thanks to bring this marterpiece to Nintendo Switch."

And they awsered that:
Hi,

"Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate when gamers give us their feedback directly!

Regarding the languages, we are looking into this. Thank you for your report.

Happy Hunting."

I am hopeful about it

I received the same answer...

I have raised also issue with Nintendo.
Problem i see here - it's been almost month and i haven't played yet - because of that language issue, and no reply from CDPR on any social media platform, over the email or even here - on their official support forum.
The only activity you can see from their side is like post which are in favor of their products.

Got reply from Nintendo :

Thank you for contacting Nintendo UK Customer Support regarding your situation.
Unfortunately, we cannot help with this situation since we do not have the correct answers for it. We advise you to refer back to the developers of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition to try and fix the situation.

CDPR - please can you give us any update on that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom