Shupe Challenge is here!

+

Guest 4336264

Well, it's unlikely the developers will change the Shupe Challenge now... Guess we're stuck with players playing Shupe and closing down the game once played for the next 5 - 6 days...

One more question...For the first two quests I must play Ranked, it's already clear. But what about the 3./4./5. quest? Do I have to play Ranked too with a Shupe-deck?

Buhh you cant cycle shupe... Its a special with doomed... QQ the maximum is purifying the created unit..

Payus

Forum regular
I can confirm that, if you play shupe, then purifiy it, then use decoy and play him again (right away or later) it still counts as playing shupe once. No matter how many times you play him, it counts just the once.

Guest 4368268

Dissapointing to see even during a Shupe challenge (the card that should symbolize creative deck building) people just flock to shupe knight because it's the most consistent/strong and even then still inexplicably conceit after playing it turn 1.

That's correct, only ranked matches count.
Why are you guys pushing ranked so hard? It seems like since HC launched, CDPR has been very blinkered in their approach to make Gwent a competitive-only game. Combining casual and ranked to classic then denying quest progress by locking it to ranked simply does not translate to permanent uptake in ranked-play. Let's be honest, only a small percentage of the player base will ever bother pushing to pro level. Add to that pro-ranked seems to be plagued with problems like win-trading and an uncertain future for Challenger (from a player perspective based on lack of CDPR communication), and it doesn't seem that pro-rank will ever be a true flagship product for Gwent.

Pushing more players to the ranked queue isn't going to solve the bottle-neck and potential problem of the top eschelon being occupied by a small group of players who have a vested interest in preserving their position. Monetisation-wise, it doesn't seem Gwent has anything built into it to ensure having most of the player-base forced onto the ranked queues is profitable for you. I just hope your upcomming roadmap shows a good degree of self-reflection and learning from HC and push to make Gwent a solely competitive CCG it has brought with it. Maybe there might be glimmer of hope that 'fun' will again be something that factors into design for play.

Last edited:

Guest 4368268

I wouldn't be so sure of that.
I know I picked it because the third quest for it seemed the easiest to complete.
Fair enough. I make the assumption because the current ranking in the faction challenge is strongest (Knight) to weakest (Mage)

... and even then still inexplicably conceit after playing it turn 1.
Well, 10+15 games takes forever and having to play a mostly meme card ... you do not want it to be over as fast as possible ?
Ever since the nerf Shupe has just been bad, there are no decks that do not become inferior by playing Shupe.

there are no decks that do not become inferior by playing Shupe

Meanwhile Shupatel is kicking the life out of Double Roche, Bleeders or Wimpgaard Seize decks.

there are no decks that do not become inferior by playing Shupe

Meanwhile Shupatel is kicking the life out of Double Roche, Bleeders or Wimpgaard Seize decks.
Mind sending me a list ?
I would be interested in seeing that, honestly I would not mind being proven wrong.

Here you go:Shupatel

I got very good results wit this deck, maybe even the best of all, I run about 30 decks. This isn't my own invention, someone whoms name I forgot kicked the hell out of me with the Scorch Spellatel version this week, the player was a genius coming up with it, so far I didn't realised how powerful Spellatel is. Being struggling creating a good Spellatel deck earlier but they were rather fruitless or cheesy.

Here you go:Shupatel

I got very good results wit this deck, maybe even the best of all, I run about 30 decks. This isn't my own invention, someone whoms name I forgot kicked the hell out of me with the Scorch Spellatel version this week, the player was a genius coming up with it, so far I didn't realised how powerful Spellatel is. Being struggling creating a good Spellatel deck earlier but they were rather fruitless or cheesy.
Seeing the list I would have expected Harald Gord.
Usually lists that are willing to run Sage would do well to run it, but yea, given the abundance of control I should have expected Spellatel to be able to cut the bronze spells to 1.
Has Precision with Epidemic turned out as well as one might expect ?

Yes, although usually Portal makes precision not even necesary. A bad thing is that Triss bricks vs Coindecks. She could give another epedemic but with coindecks involved she turns to be corrupted and offering us coins instead of epedemic. Gord can be added, you might want both Surrender and him on sideboard. Another add might be some poison units, not much stayes alive aboard that way. >>>Weeping Willow perhaps.

Last edited:
I just made my 2nd Quest (Win 6 Matches in Classic Mode)...but I played only Seasonal. It was a surprise, when the Reward Screen popped up...

I like how this topic is full of contradictory information.

Guy A) "Shupe doesn't work in Unranked!"
Guy B) "Who was the idiot who decided that Shupe works in Unranked?"
Guy C) "Shupe works in Seasonal too!"
Guy D) "Shupe doesn't work for me at all!"
Guy E) "You have to have Shupe in your deck for all 6 Quests!"
Guy F) "You only have to have Shupe in your deck for Quest 5 & 6!"
Guy G) "Quest 6 is missing a description!"
Guy H) "Quests 5 and 6 are missing description!"
Guy I) "I don't need to win with Shupe decks, thankfully."
Guy J) "You do need to win, that's the last Quest!"
Guy K) "No, the 5th Quest is where you need to win!"
Guy L) "Shupe makes every deck worse!"
Guy M) "Nah, Shupe makes Spellatel kill all opposition!"

I'm telling you all, this is comedy gold! :ROFLMAO:

I like how this topic is full of contradictory information.

Guy A) "Shupe doesn't work in Unranked!"
Guy B) "Who was the idiot who decided that Shupe works in Unranked?"
Guy C) "Shupe works in Seasonal too!"
Guy D) "Shupe doesn't work for me at all!"
Guy E) "You have to have Shupe in your deck for all 6 Quests!"
Guy F) "You only have to have Shupe in your deck for Quest 5 & 6!"
Guy G) "Quest 6 is missing a description!"
Guy H) "Quests 5 and 6 are missing description!"
Guy I) "I don't need to win with Shupe decks, thankfully."
Guy J) "You do need to win, that's the last Quest!"
Guy K) "No, the 5th Quest is where you need to win!"
Guy L) "Shupe makes every deck worse!"
Guy M) "Nah, Shupe makes Spellatel kill all opposition!"

I'm telling you all, this is comedy gold! :ROFLMAO:
That is what hapens when the rules for the challenge are not clear enough.
Guy C. :)

Top Bottom