GWENT: Community Q&A Thread - Ask Your Questions Here

+
The unit wasn't destroyed, but probably consumed by another unit, e.g. Slyzard.

I should probably have mentioned that it was not consumed by another card (was to only one left on his board), he went from 22 points to 0, and I hadn't played any card that affected it. It was the only reason I won but I have no idea why it happened

I should probably have mentioned that it was not consumed by another card (was to only one left on his board), he went from 22 points to 0, and I hadn't played any card that affected it. It was the only reason I won but I have no idea why it happened

There are many cards that can (automatically) vanquish Glusty. One card I want to give as an example is Villentretenmerth, which (automatically) destroys the highest unit after 2 turns. However, if you haven't played any of those and the opponent didn't have any units left on the board, then I don't know what happened.

Did you have Black Blood Artifact on your side of the board? That is the only card I can think of...or Villen...

Did you have Black Blood Artifact on your side of the board? That is the only card I can think of...or Villen...

Thanks for the response, but no I did not have any cards that should have affected his card. The only reason I can think of if one of the consumed cards (by him) had some sort of effect and consuming it destroy the card that consumes it. Don't know if such a card exists but that the only thing that makes sense for me. I think I have seen something similar in another game; when I consume one of my cards it destroyed a card for the opponent. Does this make any sense?

when I consume one of my cards it destroyed a card for the opponent
This could be Imperial Manticore; its Deathwish destroys the lowest enemy.
But I don't think there's a card that would destroy a unit that consumes it. (A card like that would probably be a spying unit as it wouldn't make sense otherwise.)

Doesn't answer your original question though. Black Blood is what I thought of as well.
Really odd.

This could be Imperial Manticore; its Deathwish destroys the lowest enemy.
But I don't think there's a card that would destroy a unit that consumes it. (A card like that would probably be a spying unit as it wouldn't make sense otherwise.)

Doesn't answer your original question though. Black Blood is what I thought of as well.
Really odd.

I think you are right, A similar thing just happened and I think I realized what happened regarding the question. I probably had a Manticore with 1 power but didn't realize it. So when the opponent played Glustyworp, it destroyed All units with 1 power (I missed it said all units). And therefore killed the Glustyworp since it was the only card on his side. Thanks all for the help

Hi everyone, hopefully this is the right thread for this quick question:

How do you chat / emote / taunt in Gwent iOS?

I'm consistently getting 2-3 gold cards every arena run. my opponents use on average 4-5 golds in the first round and i usually try to bait them into overplaying (20+ arena games so far as i'm a new player). In my last 3 games my opponents have pulled another 4-5 golds out of the 6 cards from rounds two and three. it's getting incredibly frustrating to have these horrible drafts then outplay opponents who have a vastly superior rng deck and I lose. Has arena always been this way or is this just a unfortunate stretch for me?

Update: the gwent gods must have listened because i got 12 golds in my next draft.....probably gonna go 0-3

Last edited:
Hello! I'm new here and I am trying to make a new deck, just got 2nd copy of a golden card and wanted to add it to the exact deck but i can't.
Couldn't find any tips online so I have to ask here, can i have only 1 copy of a golden card in a deck?

Hello! I'm new here and I am trying to make a new deck, just got 2nd copy of a golden card and wanted to add it to the exact deck but i can't.
Couldn't find any tips online so I have to ask here, can i have only 1 copy of a golden card in a deck?

You can have only ONE copy of a golden card in your deck and TWO copies of a bronze card.

Hey everybody, just wondering why it is that yennefer's invocation doesnt have an order, or why the spell doesn't have a combo required for the card. I mean it only costs 9 and you get the card that the spell is cast on as well. It seems like most of my Scoia'tael golds require you to do something leading up to its ability. It's almost impossible to stop and was wanting some feedback on what to do to get around this OP card.

I'm consistently getting 2-3 gold cards every arena run. my opponents use on average 4-5 golds in the first round and i usually try to bait them into overplaying (20+ arena games so far as i'm a new player). In my last 3 games my opponents have pulled another 4-5 golds out of the 6 cards from rounds two and three. it's getting incredibly frustrating to have these horrible drafts then outplay opponents who have a vastly superior rng deck and I lose. Has arena always been this way or is this just a unfortunate stretch for me?

Update: the gwent gods must have listened because i got 12 golds in my next draft.....probably gonna go 0-3

Arena has always been pure casual RNG. It's not competitive it's just for messing around. My opinion has always been to make it competitive because I have been told many times that Gwent is supposed to be a competitive game where skill is the focus. It's weird that their one Arena mode is the opposite of competitive.
Post automatically merged:

Hey everybody, just wondering why it is that yennefer's invocation doesnt have an order, or why the spell doesn't have a combo required for the card. I mean it only costs 9 and you get the card that the spell is cast on as well. It seems like most of my Scoia'tael golds require you to do something leading up to its ability. It's almost impossible to stop and was wanting some feedback on what to do to get around this OP card.

It deserves a nerf honestly. If you play against NG you just have to assume that they have Yennefer ready so you can't drop a big point card on the board or they will just pick it up and use it against you.
Post automatically merged:

In Gwent you can only have one copy of a gold in your deck. So if you are using Geralt Igni you can only have ONE geralt Igni in your deck.

Any card that has the flame symbol in the upper left corner, i.e. a card that is neither a unit nor an artifact.

There is a green exclamation mark on the year of the boar reward page? Does it signify that it's running out? I have a hard time figuring out which tree to fill first between this and the season one as I just started playing. It wasn't really explained so I ended up wasting my first fifty or so points on the leaders, which I assume is staying around?

There is a green exclamation mark on the year of the boar reward page? Does it signify that it's running out?
It means there's some "new" content on that page. Or the game thinks there is. If there's nothing actually new, clicking on all the Leader trees may get rid of the exclamation mark.

Seasonal trees will be back next year with whatever progress was made this year, or at least there haven't been any updates to what Burza said here.
As for the Boar one, I haven't seen any news since a Reddit post in February. Back then they were not planning to remove it next year.

The Leader trees on the first page aren't going anywhere but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad idea to spend RP on them. It's a matter of personal preference, I would say.

It means there's some "new" content on that page. Or the game thinks there is. If there's nothing actually new, clicking on all the Leader trees may get rid of the exclamation mark.

Seasonal trees will be back next year with whatever progress was made this year, or at least there haven't been any updates to what Burza said here.
As for the Boar one, I haven't seen any news since a Reddit post in February. Back then they were not planning to remove it next year.

The Leader trees on the first page aren't going anywhere but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad idea to spend RP on them. It's a matter of personal preference, I would say.
Thanks for clarifying. I'll work on the seasonal ones then for now, and hope to do the boar one next year:)

Hello!
I'm curious are there any rewards for ranking system? I mean, will I get some gold or reward points or some cosmetics when I'm climbing from rank 30 to 0?
If there is no such a thing, will it be implemented in the future?:think:

Last edited:
How can I get arena tickets? Are they awards, shoppe items? Can I mill something to get them?

Top Bottom