Transfer Console Progress to GOG Account with Gwent Progress

+
Hello CDPR-Team,

i have invested much time and money into my Xbox-Account, so i am happy about the possibility to convert it to gog.
However, i have already a Gwent-progress on my gog-Account (which i would sacrifice/delete if its necessary).
How do i proceed on December 9th? Delete my gog Account and create another (on the same E-Mail-adress)
?Or do i have to create another E-Mail-Adress plus a new gog-Account.? Or is it possible to just erase the GWENT-Progress on
my existing gog Account?

Best regards;)

The simplest solution would be to start another GOG account specifically for Gwent with a new e-mail address. If you really want to use your existing e-mail for a new account, however, please, contact GOG Support about account deletion.

A caution, though:
GOG Support said:
Please keep in mind that account deletion is irreversible. Additionally, after an account has been deleted, it's not possible to restore its contents (purchases and/or redeemed codes) on a newly created account, and you will not receive refunds for any purchases made on your account when it is deleted.

I would like to add (and state the obvious) that account deletion should not be done when you have other games than Gwent in your account.
Quite so. Thus my caution in the above post. Account deletion should only be considered if players have no other games in their library.

Do I understand it correctly that I first have to let the data be copied (how long will that take by the way) before I start a new Gwent account?

I currently have a GOG account which I know I can't use for the migration because it has some Gwent progress on it. I would like to use the same email address so can I somehow erase my current account and start a new one? Any advice please.

Guest 4061800

I just want to make sure that I am understanding this correctly:
If we already have both an Xbox account and a GOG account with Gwent progress, we cannot somehow transfer the progress/purchases from our Xbox account to our GOG account? Even if it is something like just converting our Xbox decks to scrap/meterorite and then transferring those materials to our existing GOG account?
I can understand not being able to transfer other things like progress and rank, but converting our Xbox decks into materials and then transferring that material seems like a good compromise.

I just want to make sure that I am understanding this correctly: If we already have both an Xbox account and a GOG account with Gwent progress, we cannot somehow transfer the progress/purchases from our Xbox account to our GOG account?

Correct, you cannot merge accounts.

Guest 4061800

Correct, you cannot merge accounts.

Thank you for clarifying that. So if I were to delete my GOG account (to keep the same email address), will I be able to use the same username as well? And how long would I have to wait after it is deleted to transfer the Xbox account?

Thank you for clarifying that. So if I were to delete my GOG account (to keep the same email address), will I be able to use the same username as well? And how long would I have to wait after it is deleted to transfer the Xbox account?

Deletions are usually handled fairly quickly and you should be able to reclaim the username, but I would double-check this with support first. Also, stating the obvious here, but you should only delete your GOG account when you do not have games other than Gwent in your library.

Top Bottom