Merchants of Ofir Expansion Is Live!

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

Behold the wonders of Ofir! The new expansion is live on PC and iOS!

Meet the mysterious merchants from the exotic land of Ofir and behold their magnificent wares! Collect over 70 cards from the new expansion. Experiment with new combos. Reinforce your decks with powerful additions to all factions.

INTRODUCING STRATAGEMS

Stratagems — are the new card-type of cards created to level up your deckbuilding experience. Choose a stratagem when building an army to determine which unique bonus is gained for going first in the match. Let the best strategist win!

NEW MECHANIC: SCENARIOS

CLAIM YOUR FREE MERCHANTS OF OFIR KEG

Log in to the game before December 16th, 11:59 AM CET, to claim a free Merchants of Ofir keg, granting you 5 cards from the expansion, including a guaranteed rare or better card!

OFIRI BARGAIN PACK & CARAVAN RAID PACK

Celebrate the release of Merchants of Ofir with a new limited-time offer, now available from the in-game shop!

Full patchnotes for patch 5.0, which introduces Merchants of Ofir can be found below:

Changes
  • The music on the Main Menu has been temporarily changed to celebrate the Merchants of Ofir expansion.
  • Several audio improvements for voiceovers mastering, including leveling volume and improving leaders voiceovers on vs screen
  • Reactable elements react on mouse down rather than mouse up now
  • Leaders won't accidentally walk off the Shipboard during their end game animations
  • Only traps with an Order can be manually reversed.
  • The following cards can be milled for the full mill value for 3 days: Whispering Hillock,Drummond Warmonger, Pitfall Trap, Serpent Trap, Vrihedd Sappers.
New Features
  • Introducing gameplay sounds spatialisation. Cards sound effects, voiceovers and ability sounds will now be panned in a way to allow players to track their position.
  • New audio design for vanity pickers. Picking a card back, leader or board will be supported with sound effects.
  • Selecting a deck to play will now be supported with this deck's ability sound effect
  • Added a button to immediately open a keg that was just purchased/awarded
  • Cause of Death propagates its VFX on cards (better visual variety of deaths now)
  • Improve UI SFX in shop (keg opening) for revealing a choice of 3 cards
  • New Stratagems are our take on making decks even more customizable. Tactical Advantage is the default Stratagem and it will stay this way, however if players feel like they want an additional inch of personalization, there are 12 new Stratagems to help. They add a bonus layer to deck building and on top of that make matches a little bit more unique.
  • The second big addition to this update are Scenarios - Faction specific artifacts that will improve certain areas, that in our opinion, left factions feeling lacking. Albeit risky, they will bring great value to a player's decks.

Neutral
  • Aguara power changed from 5 to 7.
  • Germain's Piquant provision cost changed from 11 to 10.
  • Iris' Companions provision cost changed from 9 to 8.
  • Lambert: Swordmaster provision cost changed from 9 to 10.
  • Operator provision cost changed from 10 to 8.
  • Shupe's Day Off no longer has Doomed on it.
Monsters
  • Dominance changed to: Trigger this ability if you control the highest power unit on the battlefield.
  • Death's Shadow ability changed to: Order: Destroy an allied Monster unit, then Spawn and play a base copy of it.
  • Death's Shadow provision bonus changed from 15 to 16.
  • Endrega Queen Armor changed from 1 to 2.
  • Garkain power changed from 4 to 3.
  • Kayran power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Vran Warrior provision changed from 4 to 5.
  • Whispering Hillock ability changed to: Play a Deathwish unit from your deck.

Skellige
  • Brokvar Hunter provision cost changed from 4 to 5.
  • Drummond Warmonger ability changed to: Deploy: Damage 3 adjacent enemy units by 1. Bloodthirst 5: Damage all units on enemy row by 1 instead.
  • Drummond Warmonger power changed from 5 to 3.
  • Raging Bear ability changed to: Deploy: Damage an allied unit by 2.
  • Svalblod Cultist power changed from 4 to 5.
  • Svalblod Priest provision cost changed from 5 to 6.
  • Tuirseach Bearmaster ability changed to: Deploy: Give an allied Beast Vitality for 3 turns. Bonded: Boost an allied Beast by 3 instead.
  • Tuirseach Skirmisher power changed from 2 to 3.

Northern Realms
  • Lyrian Arbalest provision cost changed from 4 to 5.
  • Lyrian Cavalry provision cost changed from 4 to 5.
  • Redanian Archer power changed from 3 to 2.
  • Redanian Knight Armor changed from 1 to 2.
  • Redanian Knight power changed from 2 to 1.
  • Shani's Armor removed.
  • Windhalm of Attre power changed from 2 to 3.

Scoia'tael
  • Precision Strike ability changed to: Order: Damage a unit by 1. Charge 3. Once all Charges have been exhausted, Spawn and play Brokilon Sentinel.
  • Precision Strike provision bonus changed from 18 to 16.
  • Brokilon Sentinel ability changed to: Deploy: Damage an enemy unit by 2. Deathblow: Summon all copies of this unit from your deck to this row.
  • Dwarven Berserker Armor changed from 5 to 4.
  • Dwarven Mercenary provision cost changed from 4 to 5.
  • Elven Swordmaster power and provision cost changed from 4 to 5.
  • Pitfall Trap ability changed to: Ambush: After your opponent plays a card, split damage equal to its provision cost between all enemy units.
  • Pitfall Trap provision cost changed from 8 to 7.
  • Sage provision cost changed from 5 to 6.
  • Serpent Trap ability changed to: Ambush: After your opponent plays a special card, destroy a highest power enemy unit."
  • Serpent Trap provision cost changed from 6 to 7.
  • Vrihedd Sappers ability changed to: Deploy: Purify an allied unit. If you control an Elf, Purify a unit instead.

Nilfgaard
  • Aristocrat category added to following:
  • Vattier de Rideaux
  • Joachim de Wett
  • Vivienne de Tabris
  • Cahir Dyffryn
  • Shilard Fitz-Oesterlen
  • Ceallach Dyffryn
  • Roderick of Dun Tynne"
  • Fire Scorpion provision cost changed from 4 to 5.
  • Master of Disguise power changed from 4 to 3.
  • Nauzica Sergeant provision cost changed from 4 to 5.
  • Slave Hunter "Soldier" category added.

Syndicate
  • Azar Javed power changed from 3 to 5.
  • Cutup Lackey provision cost changed from 4 to 5.
  • Grand Inquisitor Helveed power changed from 4 to 5.
  • Hvitr and Aelydia ability changed to: Order (Melee): Damage a unit by 1. Hoard 5: Damage a unit by 2 instead. Cooldown: 1.
  • Hvitr and Aelydia provision cost changed from 9 to 8.
  • Scarab Armor changed from 2 to 1.
  • Scarab no longer has Deathwish
  • Sly Seductress provision cost changed from 4 to 5.
  • Witch Hunter Executioner provision cost changed from 5 to 6.

Game Fixes
  • All cards will now correctly play their sound effects upon transformation.
  • Cards that check for status changes now account for when a card is moved to the other row and toggles the spying status
  • Clicking the board quickly now no longer cuts the sound off midway
  • Fix for Detlaff Vampire sometimes not visually appearring on the board after being consumed
  • Fix for round score failing to update sometimes
  • Fix for some cards becoming invisible when killed
  • Fix for tutorial not progressing if you complete a battle while offline
  • Fixed an issue whereby Philippa: Blind Fury would trigger its ability despite having no valid targets on the board
  • Fixed incorrect interaction between Trollololo's ability and Shield status
  • Leader Ability SFX now no longer ignores opponent's tooltip flow.
  • Svalblod Ravager is now properly counting his Bloodthirst.
  • Tooltip fixes and improvements
  • Various coin lock fixes

Nauzica Sergeant provision cost changed from 4 to 5.
Ah, so that's why my deck had -2 available provisions. Oh well.

I already looked through the new cards (game updated a while ago), and several seem really interesting. Especially the Stratagems.

Death's shadow ability nerfed but enslave, pincer, mystic echo untouched ? hmm weird
Quite a lot of changes are due to the new cards. There are a lot more powerful deathwish units therefore Death's Shadow was changed. Other examples are Lamber and Elven Swordmaster.

Anyone wondering why there was no direct nerf to portal, it was hit twice by getting a lot of common targets out of its range, as well as adding a lot of usefull 4p deploy cards.

There's only 8 stratagem cards, not 12 like the announcement suggests.

I just paid for the pack and only got 7 (not inc default).

Attachments

• cards.jpg
    cards.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 415

Guest 4368268

Hmm. Hard to judge things before having played the game (..I'm a console player) but seeing a lot of positives and here and there some baffling negatives. For example, Lyrian Arbalest gets nerfed a little bit which is great, but then so does Lyrian Cavalry which is very weird. Another example of HCs' infamous tendency to treat damage and boost cards the same.

Oh well. Sly seductresses not being able to be portal'd out is a big deal to me. Thought that was more ridiculously broken than old Witchers. I see they're not really touching the meta decks (enslave, dwarves etc.) under the assumption that the meta will change anyway.. well, let's hope so.

As far as the new expansion cards go, honestly I'm positively surprised. A lot of cool new stuff and I love the stratagem idea. Cards that have prolonged effects you have to look out for after they're played are the stuff I love as it makes the game more strategic and actually makes you pay attention. Again, it's hard to say how everything will play out just by *looking* at these cards and changes, but I actually feel excited to try some of the new stuff out.

Stratagems alone already offer so many new opportunities. Also, fantastic job on the card art this time around, I know some of these are really old (as you can tell by the artist names as well) and I much prefer that style to some of the more recent stuff.
Anyway, this account will get deleted soon to make room for a new account so.. no point in dwelling on. :beer:

There's only 8 stratagem cards, not 12 like the announcement suggests.

I just paid for the pack and only got 7 (not inc default).
You're inside a monster deck, so you're not seeing the other faction specific strategems. Go back to the collection screen to see them all.

Let's see what this update brings. Fingers crossed.

...Update after playing around 50 games:
  • new powerhouse with those scenarios. Now you must have a card or two to remove that artefact. It is super-strong. I would not say OP because you can remove it in one turn, but man, this is big! I'd say it can make a bigger impact than defender.
  • Definitely like new advantage options. You'll need to unpack or craft those premium cards though...
  • I like new poison deck with Nilfgaard
  • Crows are fun but easily dispersed with Lambert or Lacerate.
  • A lot of cards in the new expansion are about moving the units. I expect that high provision units that should sit in a certain row will see less play now.
  • Dwarfs are nerfed, Elves are boosted.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
So, the big update that was coming on the 10th is actually released earlier because of some accident release on iOS? Here we are, waiting for the balance changes since Iron Judgment cards havent got properly balanced since release and instead we get a surprise new expansion, that i was only counting on in January 2020...

Getting a new expansion less than 2 months since the last one is a bit weird. Good, i guess but still weird. Even weirder that we didnt get any prior announcement (those 2 revealed card artworks on the stream dont count) or those 2 weeks before where everyday a few cards get revealed.

Oh well, time to get ingame and open "some" kegs and try out the new stuff!

Top Bottom