[UPDATE] Important announcement about the future of GWENT on consoles

+
According to previous experiences - do not rush to transfer. Wait a day or two to be sure everything works fine.

You can't copy your console progress to GWENT account, which already contains progress - because merging 2 existing accounts isn't possible. It means that you'll have to create fresh GOG account in order to copy PS4 data on it.
Is there any option to erase gwent progress on gog and migrate data from xbox( if merging is impossible)? Dont want to maintain two separate accounts. Second question - On the page https://www.playgwent.com/en/uwp-migration
i see "account transfer closed". Shouldnt it be available to june next year?

Is there any option to erase gwent progress on gog and migrate data from xbox( if merging is impossible)? Dont want to maintain two separate accounts. Second question - On the page https://www.playgwent.com/en/uwp-migration
i see "account transfer closed". Shouldnt it be available to june next year?

The UWP transfer is the old one when the Windows Store version was discontinued. This has nothing to do with the current console transfer.

As of yet, it's not possible to erase your Gwent progress, but you can ask for an account deletion which removes your GOG account including all games therein (which obviously should not be done, if you have any games other than Gwent).

The UWP transfer is the old one when the Windows Store version was discontinued. This has nothing to do with the current console transfer.

As of yet, it's not possible to erase your Gwent progress, but you can ask for an account deletion which removes your GOG account including all games therein (which obviously should not be done, if you have any games other than Gwent).
Ok thanks for answer. So what is proper link to the migration page? Cannot found it yet.

Dear GWENT players,

When we launched the console versions of GWENT back in 2017, our intention was to provide console players with the same level of support as their PC counterparts. However, having just launched GWENT on iOS, and with the Android version coming, the number of supported platforms would significantly increase. Looking to the future, we do not believe we can support a growing number of different versions of GWENT while improving feature parity between them.

Considering that PC and mobile are the most popular platforms among GWENT players, we have made a tough decision: to discontinue support of console versions of the game. All GWENT players on consoles will be offered an option to copy their account progress and purchases from their current platform to a GOG account, which is used by both PC and mobile versions of the game.

How exactly is this going to work?

Starting from December 9th, 2019, console players will be able to access a webpage where they can request to copy their progress from their console account to a new or existing GOG account. Since we do not support the “merging” of accounts, we will only be able to copy progress to existing GOG accounts that do not have any GWENT progression on them at the time the request is made.

This account-copying process will be available for a period of 6 months — from 09/12/2019 to 09/06/2020. On 09/12/2019 we will release an update which will essentially freeze GWENT in its current state. From this point onwards, both console versions will be operational up until 09/06/2020. Until that time, their functionality will be limited. For example:

- There will be no regular updates for console versions starting with the December 9th update
- Future expansions and additional content won’t be released on consoles
- We’re disabling all real-money purchases on consoles, starting today
- After the December 9th, 2019 update, matchmaking on consoles with other platforms will no longer be supported

What progress will be copied:

• All collected ornaments
  • Meteorite Powder — Only applies to Xbox One players*
  • All other currencies
  • Cards
  • Deck lists
  • Account level
  • Current Rank
  • Thronebreaker rewards
  • Contracts
*Unfortunately, transferring Meteorite Powder from PlayStation 4 to GOG.COM is not possible. PlayStation 4 Players will have to spend their Meteorite Powder before requesting the account-copying process to ensure that its equivalent value can carry over.

We will share more details about the process once the account-copying request webpage goes live on 09/12/2019.
when will this website for account transfer be available? My console account is much much much stronger and would like to abandon and ignore my new mobile account ASAP

I’m interested just how many people CDPR have upset with this. Surely there are enough console players to make up a large share of the people playing the game. I can understand the reasons to shut it down for future progress but, to announce that a conversion method will be released on a certain date and then not provide any information on the day is just ridiculous.

All people want to do is play the game and they’re making it s incredibly hard to do so. Why? What have we done to deserve being kicked when we’re already down?

Guest 4368268

They should have frozen the game AFTER this expansion. That way you could spend your meteorite powder on something useful. Now I had to spend it on cosmetics I never really wanted. It just feels like being tricked. The decision to stop supporting consoles I'm not even gonna protest here, but the way they've handled it.. not good. It's insensitive to freeze the game and then immediately launch the new season and expansion.
Post automatically merged:

HAHAHHAHA!!! 14 DAYS?!?!? Are you kidding me? Transfer can take 14 days? New expansion is out and now this BS ?!?
Not cool guys. Not cool at all!
Gives other players a headstart, limits the amount of time I can even try to get pro rank (and this season will probably already last shorter anyway)

Do I understund correctly, that once again every one (Except us 2nd class gamers aka console players) get to play the expansion??? So once again we're at a disadvantage... Why doesn't expansion happen after The account transfers??
Post automatically merged:

It can take up to 14 days according to the transfer page that just went live.
This 14 days wait period is outrageous. Think I'm just completely done with CDPR games

What's wrong with you ? What if i already logged in gwent on PC ? Do i need to create new email to transfer my PS4 profile ? Can't you just overwrite my PC progress ?

Top Bottom