Why do we need 'Celaeno Harpy' if we have 'Barghest'

+
Powercreep, but she was powercreeped out already in the past and therefore not useful anymore. Endreaga Drone does what she does, but is better and costs only 4p.
Celano Harpy needs a rework or an extra thing to do.
What about Order: Change the row. Cooldown 2.
It isn't a strong extra, but it can be usefull in a couple of situations. If the row Harpy is on is full, she can move away. She can move to the same row as units affecting their own row (Slyzard, Defender). Or you can keep her on the Defender row, but move her out in the last turn to avoid a Geralt Yrden.

Does it because we can only have two copies of Barghest, so we need two other poor versions in case you want more?
Seriously, while there are some new ideas in every new patch, do Devs ever pay any close attention to those cards already existing?
hahaha, spot on, mate!

It's all about making money.
Rework old cards, everyone already has means no Money for CDPR.
Take an existing card, make a new one who is slightly better, everyone wants to have the new one so you need to "buy" it and that means money...Nekker --- Endriaga Larva is just one example in many.
this makes the "old" cards more and more meaningless you alsways need ne new ones because they replace the old ones.
Sad as it is but CDPR don't want to make the players happy with new content....no...they only want our money.

But i think there is a way to make everyone happy
Don't give new cards the same ability like old ones but a bit better.
Create new cards with same ability but in a different gameplay.
for example
Harpy 1: Consume an allied unit and move a Unit to its other row
Harpy 2: Consume an allied unit and give shield to another unit
Harpy 3: Consume an allied unit and give poison to a Unit

This makes the old ones not useless....you can choose between, in what you want to play.
This works with all cards...just be creative....it will make your playstil more uniqe

I hope it was clear enough...english isn't my first language ^^

Cealano harpy isnt the only one with this problem since a lot of other cards like these two also have a slightly better twin. like leo bonhart>geralt or endrega hatchling>nekkers.

Rework old cards, everyone already has means no Money for CDPR.
Take an existing card, make a new one who is slightly better, everyone wants to have the new one so you need to "buy" it and that means money...Nekker --- Endriaga Larva is just one example in many.
I hope it was clear enough

It works in HS, in Gwent they cannot force the pocket of people, the economy gives too many benefits.

In the best case it can be called lack of imagination. It's like that "4prvs 6pts starter pack" ... basically the same card repeated a lot of times and with a different color.

Cealano harpy isnt the only one with this problem since a lot of other cards like these two also have a slightly better twin. like leo bonhart>geralt or endrega hatchling>nekkers.

At least Geralt is neutral.

In the best case it can be called lack of imagination. It's like that "4prvs 6pts starter pack" ... basically the same card repeated a lot of times and with a different color.
I doubt that a lack of imagination is the reason behind there being so many twin cards. It is more likely because of balancing purposes.
And that taking risks by making creative and original cards can potentially hurt the game in the way that bugs are more likely to appear and the cards themselves can be broken. BUT when the cards are as similar like barghest and celano harpy you could definetly call it a lack of imanigation..... or its a simple oversight or what this really is, a mistake that never should have happened.

You can do better than this cdpr........

I doubt that a lack of imagination is the reason behind there being so many twin cards. It is more likely because of balancing purposes.
And that taking risks by making creative and original cards can potentially hurt the game in the way that bugs are more likely to appear and the cards themselves can be broken. BUT when the cards are as similar like barghest and celano harpy you could definetly call it a lack of imanigation..... or its a simple oversight or what this really is, a mistake that never should have happened.

You can do better than this cdpr........

Blood Knight and King Roegner.........literally the same card.
Shield is Divine shield, literal.

The new scenarios are the Sagas of MtG, near literal.

And this expansion brought too many rng cards .... those that don't matter much as they are designed if they do anything anyway.

Top Bottom