[Official Problem] Language Subtitle Packs are incorrect for several users for The Witcher 3 for Nintendo Switch

+
As I understand it, they solved the problem like this... it’s sad.

Attachments

• 1FEDB244-88E3-4E64-8CF8-4D8814BF5AE2.png
    1FEDB244-88E3-4E64-8CF8-4D8814BF5AE2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 645
  • 3C59BDD8-9507-4612-B205-2397FE365307.jpeg
    3C59BDD8-9507-4612-B205-2397FE365307.jpeg
    272.1 KB · Views: 648
I would go public. There's enough people who bought the game to Nintendo not behave like this. This is obviously a scam. If they're not going to return your money then you guys have to write an open letter or start a petition. Don't be quiet.

I got my money back from amazon though. But I'll sign/vote for whatever you start.

I have to admit that this was the most frustrating thing and really painful punch in my 'total witcher fan and CDPR prayer' face.
[Some backstory] When i was preparing for my business trip to US (I'm from Russia, btw) i could not find a single box with physical edition in local stores because of [Dramatic drum roll] it was totally sold out. I was really upset that 10 hours in a jet i was planning to devote to Nth walkthrough of Witcher have become boring in a second. 'Ok, then, i will take one at the place,' i decided. Oh, boy, what a mistake was that. I bought a local copy on amazon and was trully happy till the moment i ran the game and could not find Russian language in it. Don't get me wrong. I gave a try to EN version just out of curiosity long time ago, but this game is running with slavic languages much way better because of the deep lore and some things which you cannot translate w/o loss of initial idea's charm. It is like playing e.g. Life is strange in Russian language.
It seems to me that even the famous fridge-running game aka TESV:Skyrim was way more prepared to this language issues, because i have German version which i (surprisingly) bought in my local city in Russia and, voila, it is proposing me to download the suitable language pack based on settings i defined.
I really have no idea regarding regional distinction in terms of language, but this makes me really REALLY sad and concerned about. I haven't returned the game because i still liked it a lot, but Ivasik aka Johnny and noble english speaking peasants getting me tilted from time to time.
And of course PLEASE release language packs!

204 hours and i beat the game in ENG. I must admit English Geralt looks better for me with voice tone ,compare to Rus..Yen, good too though, but others..npc's just ruined game, just no, no no honestly. So now i will wait Language packs and patches, because in this switch port quite many bugs, honestly. And ONLY after NG+ and Neverland i will come back!.

P.S My advice for everyone ..just play, and don't torture yourself with waiting..if you don't have any issues with foreign languages
Post automatically merged:

I have to admit that this was the most frustrating thing and really painful punch in my 'total witcher fan and CDPR prayer' face.
[Some backstory] When i was preparing for my business trip to US (I'm from Russia, btw) i could not find a single box with physical edition in local stores because of [Dramatic drum roll] it was totally sold out. I was really upset that 10 hours in a jet i was planning to devote to Nth walkthrough of Witcher have become boring in a second. 'Ok, then, i will take one at the place,' i decided. Oh, boy, what a mistake was that. I bought a local copy on amazon and was trully happy till the moment i ran the game and could not find Russian language in it. Don't get me wrong. I gave a try to EN version just out of curiosity long time ago, but this game is running with slavic languages much way better because of the deep lore and some things which you cannot translate w/o loss of initial idea's charm. It is like playing e.g. Life is strange in Russian language.
It seems to me that even the famous fridge-running game aka TESV:Skyrim was way more prepared to this language issues, because i have German version which i (surprisingly) bought in my local city in Russia and, voila, it is proposing me to download the suitable language pack based on settings i defined.
I really have no idea regarding regional distinction in terms of language, but this makes me really REALLY sad and concerned about. I haven't returned the game because i still liked it a lot, but Ivasik aka Johnny and noble english speaking peasants getting me tilted from time to time.
And of course PLEASE release language packs!

Oh Johnny, Johnny😁

I bought the physical copy of the Witcher 3 for Nintendo Switch in Poland and I can't download Russian language pack in the Eshop and in the game settings. Also three friends of mine bought the physical copy in Ukraine and they can't download Russian language too. We are waiting for the ability to download it about 2 months and didn't play the game, because we really love Russian voice acting. But this feature hasn't been added in the last 2 months... As you know, soon there will be New Year and Christmas holidays and many who would like to play the Witcher at that time in their native languages. What is the difficulty of disabling regional restrictions and just giving everyone the opportunity to download any language, as, for example, is done in The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim?

CD Projekt Red and Saber Interactive (Switch port developers) we all love you so much, but please, give us a little love too, fix it as soon as possible. Give us this Christmas gift, please.

Last edited:
I bought the physical copy of the Witcher 3 for Nintendo Switch in Poland and I can't download Russian language pack in the Eshop and in the game settings. Also three friends of mine bought the physical copy in Ukraine and they can't download Russian language too. We are waiting for the ability to download it about 2 months and didn't play the game, because we really love Russian voice acting. But this feature hasn't been added in the last 2 months... As you know, soon there will be New Year and Christmas holidays and many who would like to play the Witcher at that time in their native languages. What is the difficulty of disabling regional restrictions and just giving everyone the opportunity to download any language, as, for example, is done in The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim?

CD Projekt Red and Saber Interactive (Switch port developers) we all love you so much, but please, give us a little love too, fix it as soon as possible. Give us this Christmas gift, please.

Abandon hope all ye who enter here
Still no official statement. No one care to solve this problem. All CDPR's resources are busy with upcoming cyberpunk.
So, as i said earlier, guys stop wasting yout time writing here. This official forum is a bullshit

So, is that really it? Almost no additional support after release of the title on platform, no relevant info at all about future updates (blurry image and option to disable antialiasing) or languages? Ok, at least we know what we'll get for the future titles from CDPR. I'm happy to know that they are no better than other studios in such cases and I won't ever buy something from them or Saber Interactive again. We can see that even the most active threads on their official forums doesn't bother them and same goes for the e-mail contacts. This game costs more on Switch than on any other platform now. So we would deserve something better, right? This really should be made more public - most of all this weird case of Russian silent removal from web, or the "Complete edition" without any other language than English, or totally useless official forums, or blurry image that causes headaches to many people (different discussion thread, 540p with AntiAliasing)... I'm sad that only the public gaming media can make things move more, but current level of communication with your cuatomers really isn't serious at all, CDPR...

When you have that game on other platforms and then you purchase it also on Switch - it is easy to expect that at least product will support the same language packs as everywhere else.
Now the way i see it : They release product which was developed** just enough to be released to gain funding to support their investment of Cyberpunk. That's why they post only stuff about how great they are (like here) and about new products to sell, and keep quiet about work they have to do.

We should also expect a bit more activity on this forum, as of christmas and so many new dissapointed faces ;)

**Not really developed - just adapted to another platform

The issue is solved for LantinAmerican users, I'm really happy to play it in my language, now I don't have to skip most of the text, I really enjoy the translations.

It feels like having a brand new game.

Thanks for this awesome game.

And please, please, please, don't screw it on the next updates ...

Good luck for the ppl waiting for another languages to be fixed, I wish you a lot of patience (you'll need it because they do surprise unannounced fixes as we can see).
What did you do to play in your language?

Is it possible to create a petition asking for language packs to download?

If this is commenting on social media, you may start to see it.

Assassin's Creed has the language pack. Just choose which one you want and download.
That would solve everything if that were so!
They would have less headache and everyone would be pleased.

Last edited:

Assassin's Creed has the language pack. Just choose which one you want and download.
Yeah, for sure. I totally agree with you. It's so simple put the language packs on eShop. It's sad, guys. So sad. But we can't give up. Let's keep trying...

Agree with you...

CDPR is not replying on any of their social media - FB, Twitter, Youtube, and even here on this forum. People got so frustrated that they put already effort of registering here - with hope that something will be done about that, and even that is not working.

Recent announcement was that finally CDPR got official agreement with Sapkowski (creator of the Witcher SAGA) on copyrights case, so we might see some movement.
No matter what the circumstances are : they screwed up with not taking care about one of their source of income - People, players, Not replying, and ignoring messages is disrespectful.

Last edited:
Any solution so far ?!?!?!?!
So sad :(

204 hours and i beat the game in ENG. I must admit English Geralt looks better for me with voice tone ,compare to Rus..Yen, good too though, but others..npc's just ruined game, just no, no no honestly. So now i will wait Language packs and patches, because in this switch port quite many bugs, honestly. And ONLY after NG+ and Neverland i will come back!.

P.S My advice for everyone ..just play, and don't torture yourself with waiting..if you don't have any issues with foreign languages

Oh Johnny, Johnny😁

The problem is not in the language itself problem is in ignoring issues related to game and keeping silence, for a second you and most of other people PAID full price 79.99$ for the game that 5 years old (still best BTW :)) anyway i'm OK with the English most of the time but the subs is so small on the switch i almost can't read them any way possibility to change size and download additional subs probably will solve problem for me and again another but no one tell's me anything and this is what makes me mad

Last edited:
Top Bottom