Swim returns to Gwent and drops some truth bombs

+

This was a good video to watch. He says a lot of things but I want to highlight that when he learned exactly what defender does his response was "Oh wow this is actually truly OP". Thanks for the vindication Swim.

That's a click bait title. Saying that defenders are strong is not something I would call a truth bomb.
Still better than what I expected. Swim for some reason seems to be playing only the games he doesn't enjoy. Every time I listen to his stream, sooner or later he starts complaining why the game is bad/won't be popular. Maybe I just don't understand him, but I'm actually waiting for him to play a game that will be well done in his opinion.

Guest 4368268

The only conceptual way where defenders aren't OP if is the cards it can be used to protect are weak/boring.
Therefor I just think it's poor design. Immunity on one card was a much better concept imo as said card would usually go into tall removal territory anyway whereas defenders are there to allow orders (Damiens' most notoriously) to go off and then they've done their job.
They felt like immunity, arachas queen, neutral leader abilities etc. limited design space and then they introduce defenders.

As far as Swim goes, he's made plenty of good points in the past but from his unique perspective as a streamer also some terrible ones (being pro create/RNG for the sake of amusement)
His decks have pretty much reflected his capriciousness where on one hand he comes up with cool concepts such as Ocvist handbuff and that charges thing he did in Homecoming but then he'll also play Imlerith Sabbath and unitless decks.
Overall his presence might do more good than harm but it's hard to say.

Top Bottom