No pity timer on keg opening?

+
Is there no ensurance to draw a legendary card after opening x amount of kegs in gwent? I read a while ago that there is (no idea when), but I just opened 49 Kegs before I got my first legendary card..

That is really frustrating, especially since they released 27! legendary cards in an expansion with 70 new cards, which is ridiculous. Nearly 40% Legendary cards with no pity timer is absolute bullshit - sorry CDPR but that is not acceptable - and I just praised you for beeing newcomer friendly with the new faction kegs and bundle.

I play and invest into this game because I thought it had a fair model, so far i baught every preorder bundle (non premium - sadly I dont give a shit about premiums). I was disappointed that there is no way to buy the non-premium bundle this time - or for the caravan raid pack (which i would have baught for around 30€ - but 50 for premiums I dont care about?..). This feels like a kick in the stomache, like a betrayal, like just faking to be "the good guys".

Best regards, a VERY disappointed gwent lover.

*edit: Just to make clear, I approve of the possibility to purchase the "tactical decision" cards and will most likely buy the pack, but the above has to be said.
*edit2: 49 kegs! sorry. not 59!

Last edited:
so, where do i report this bug (and how - i cant prove it.. i took a screenshot, with 21 kegs left to open (I bought 70)? because I just opened 49 packs without getting one. Or did they change their poilcy without informing us? As I said, I KNEW I read it somewhere.

(and its not about "getting them all immediatly at all.. its about getting them EVER". I payed for every expension so far and played a lot AND had (some) beta scraps. I am still about 20k scraps short of a full collection. and if there is no pity timer, i will seriously think about not spending another penny on this game, because if I have no way to ever gain the cards i would like - then fuck it. Deckbuilding and experimenting is what i enjoy most. and i am willing to pay for that. but not HS levels of money.)

Also, I would like an official reply to this, because it obviously contradicts the quote from the community manager.

*edit: lol.. I meant 49 kegs, still the same outcome but i'm sry.
thank you for providing the link.

Last edited:
I opened 50 kegs and got one gold. Maybe it was the pity one :) Well, luck is a fickle beast and sometimes you just don`t have any. But life goes on.....

Have fun!

while that sucks, it should simply be impossible for me to get a legendary in the 49th keg. that, or burzas post is not true anymore, which would be a pretty backhanded thing to change without notice. that is why i am asking for an official statement, it seems i am not the only one that happend to.

I dont mind not getting a bunch of legendaries (and i got 2 more in the last 21 kegs i had), but changing the pity timer without notice is a no-go in ym opinion and i am considering not supporting this game anyfurther. depending on the answer i either drop purchases all together (because the dream of finishing my collection one day would be dead, there are too many legendary releases in the newer expansions to be able to achieve them without spending hundreds of euros) or buy the premium tactical advantage bundle - because thats 12 legendaries and i know what i get (which i usually support).

I open a lot of kegs, but not appears yellow gold cards.
I think the rule is minimum of 1 yellow gold card for 40 kegs, but I open a lot more in the last days and nothing.
Purple gold cards a lot (and a lot of copies of the same card), but not yellow.

We already have a guaranteed legendary in every 40 packs plus a guaranteed epic in every 20 packs - these values won't go down for now.
I am right...
I have reported that issue because is a bug.
Post automatically merged:

I am right...
I have reported that issue because is a bug.
Hi.
I got 0 legendary in 71 packs. Can I ask for compensation?
GwentCN
For another player passes the same.
Has anyone got legendary cards in recent days? I think maybe it's happening since the last patch.

Last edited:
Same problem here. I have opened around 50 kegs (Merchants of Ofir) and still no legendary!

After Gwent new update from 2 weeks , I opened more than 50 merchants of Ofir barrels and get 0 legendary card. Before the update, I can get 1 legendary card every 15-20 barrels, but now it's still 0 after more than 50 barrels. Even in hearthstone, 50 packs can get at least 2 legendary cards. I'm so disappoint and sad right now. I really want to quit this game now because I'm not sure this will continue until end of the world. I'm not sure is there's a bug for merchants of Ofir barrel, my account has a problem, or you guys just change the rate. Please don't tell me there's no different between before update and after update, because I'm not stupid,, thank you.

I open a lot of kegs, but not appears yellow gold cards.
I think the rule is minimum of 1 yellow gold card for 40 kegs, but I open a lot more in the last days and nothing.
Purple gold cards a lot (and a lot of copies of the same card), but not yellow.
I have the same

I opened 67 Merchants of Ofir kegs yesterday and only got one Legendary. I've never seen a Legendary drop rate this low, compared with similar amounts of kegs and in line with feedback from other users. This latest smaller expansion has a huge amount of Legendary cards and a new pack (Caravan Raid Pack) in Shupe's Shop containing only the 12 new legendary Stratagems, but for the price of a new AAA game. :giveup:

CDPR, I guess you avoided the new requirement to publish drop rates for consoles in 2020 by not supporting consoles anymore, but it would be commendable to publish them anyway like an ethical and leading company would as in this article.

I really doubt that there is a pity timer in Gwent (at least not anymore). I opened 124 kegs and got 3 legendaries. This is truly disappointing after I spent money to boost my collection and considering the fact that every tier 1-3 deck has like 5 to 7 legendaries.

edit: it was 3 legendaries, not 2

Last edited:
The pity timer might not be here but i really don't think it's needed. Sure, getting the random legendary card from the kegs is rare. But look at how easy it is to craft the specific card you want. The cost of crafting a legendary card is really quite low.
You can get the card scraps for them from milling spare cards which adds up quickly or from the reward book which is even faster.
Sorry to come back to the same old argument, but - Compare this with Hearthstone - where it takes the daily grinding work of a quarter of a year if not more to be able to craft just one legendary card. And this in most cases includes having to mill your precious premium cards.
And let me tell you, the legendary drop rate isn't any better in that game either.
And what i described above is more or less the status quo of the card game genre at the moment.
So I'm sorry if this sounds condescending but complaining about the legendary drop rate being low when the card crafting system is as strong as it is and knowing how it compares to the situation in other games - well it seems like empty complaining, especially in the context. There's another word for it but i'm not going to use that as i think it's a toxic one.
Post automatically merged:

Also keep in mind that for a very long time now it's been often said that the card scrap system is so strong that people who stockpile card scraps get to craft the entire set at arrival. And with good drops they can do this with wasting even less scraps, therefore keeping those for future expansions and so on... So it's no suprise to me that the devs might want to notch down the drop rate.

Last edited:
Im not comparing it to HS which has an abyssmal crafting system, Im comparing it to games like Eternal and in that regard Gwent seems just ok in regards to generosity. After spending 50 Euro and getting 3 Legendaries and enough scrap to craft either 3 more Legendaries or 12 epics I opted for the latter, so I have more than one deck that is better than a starter deck. Still Im quite away from even completing one deck from the meta lists (unless I dust everything else in my collection). I just decided not to spend more money for Gwent after seeing the legendary drop rates.

PS: I realized I got 3 Legendaries in 124 kegs, not 2. Still not a satisfying experience.

PS: I realized I got 3 Legendaries in 124 kegs, not 2. Still not a satisfying experience.

But 3 legendaries in 124 kegs is a normal rate... because theoretically it is guaranteed that there is at least 1 legendarie for each 40 kegs.

Not normal is open 80 kegs and found 0 legendaries (how is it happening).

Top Bottom