Input lag at minimal graphics settings

+
Input lag at minimal graphics settings

Some horrible input lag here. I'm sure you're sick of hearing this problem, but I couldn't find a sticky post for it, and it's not in the FAQ.

I tried playing with the graphics settings set to "low" and it did not resolve the issue. I tried again with the resolution set to 640x480 and the graphics set to a custom setting which is even worse than the "low" setting, and it made the input lag better (not completely fixed but reduced to almost-bearable levels) and made all the text in the game unreadable. My monitor's minimum resolution is 800x600, which I assume is why at 640x480 the text is unreadable. However, at 800x600 I get too much input lag to play. Vertical sync is turned off, both in the game settings and in my NVidia profile.

My system specs are as follows:
System Model: Gigabyte EP45-DS3L
Processor: Intel Core2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 3326 MB RAM
DirectX: 9.0c
Video Card: NVidia GeForce 9500 GT (1024 MB video ram)
Monitor: Acer V193 B (fullscreen monitor)
Sound Card: Realtek High Definition Audio (unknown model number - device manager and dxdiag will not tell me)

I first attempted to play the game with the following video card driver: NVidia driver 285.58 [driver details refer to this driver as nv4_disp.dll 6.14.0012.8558 (English)]
I then updated my video card driver to the following version, which did not resolve the problem: NVidia driver 296.10 [driver details refer to this driver as nv4_disp.dll 6.14.0012.9610 (English)]

Unfortunately, your graphics card is well below the minimum requirement for the game. It is pretty much the practical minimum: only experienced and dedicated players have been able to make it perform to any degree of satisfaction.

With that in mind, the settings that are most likely to give you a satisfactory result are these:

Windowed, not full screen. In Options, set "Fullscreen" to "Disabled".
1280x720 resolution (the game performs better and generally looks better at 16:9 resolutions) and "Low" spec.

My graphics card is actually better than the minimum requirement for the game. The minimum requirement for the game is GeForce 8800 512MB and I am using a GeForce 9500 GT 1024MB.

However, switching to windowed mode solved the problem beautifully. Thanks.

LockeZ said:
My graphics card is actually better than the minimum requirement for the game. The minimum requirement for the game is GeForce 8800 512MB and I am using a GeForce 9500 GT 1024MB.

Glad that Guy`s suggestion worked for you but actually just because the card number is higher doesn`t mean the card is better .

Let`s forget the 1st digit that simply refers to the generation of the card .
The next three digits are what matters . The minimum is 800 and yours is 500 . Hopefully it makes a bit more sense now .

LockeZ said:

Your card is actually weaker. When it comes to video cards its the second number that tells you how itl perform, the first number simply tells you the generation it belongs to, just because your card is a generation ahead doesn't mean its faster than all cards in the generation before it.

In your case its 5 vs 8 and 8 wins. You can go look it up if you want, the 8800GT is faster than a 9500, the 8800 is kinda equal or close to the 9800.

Hope that makes things clearer.

Top Bottom