The Epic GWENT Winter Holiday Event Has Begun!

+
I doubt it. I've played against almost as many people with the light background as those with the dark. It's all down to RNG, which is what makes this such a poorly concieved way of giving out nice trinkets.
it seems that for some ppl the card backs are not available?! i think i have everything except the card backs. last 20 presents = nothing but materials.

its weird.

I didn't even remember there was mention of an ultra rare present... I was also assuming the cardbacks were the rarest drops. Hmm. :think:

it seems that for some ppl the card backs are not available?! i think i have everything except the card backs. last 20 presents = nothing but materials.

its weird.
Yeah, I'm in that group. Got the borders, avatars and titles early on in the event and the rest has been scrap and ore. Given that my scrap balance has remained over 300K since the great milling and my non-premium collection is 100% complete including this expansion, I really don't need more scrap. Cardbacks sure would be nice, since they're the only vanity items I regularly change. TBH, if novelty/event cardbacks were redeemable for scrap, I'd happily exchange some of my surplus for some nice cardbacks.

Maybe there is a maximum of reward to get. For exemple, I got 3 avatars, 1 title, 2 frames, at the rate of a vanity/day.
After these 6 vanities, I just got scraps/ore, approximately 40.

Last edited:
Maybe there is a maximum of reward to get. For exemple, I got 3 avatars, 1 title, 2 frames, at the rate of a vanity/day.
After these 6 vanities, I just got scraps/ore, approximately 40.
yea, maybe. for me its the same. i have 3 avatas, 2 frames and 1 title. after this i got only scrape/ore/powder.
but if this is true... i dont think this was CDPRs plan.

i think thats it, no card back for me this year as CDPR dont said a thing about possible bugs or fixes... sad.

yea, maybe. for me its the same. i have 3 avatas, 2 frames and 1 title. after this i got only scrape/ore/powder.
but if this is true... i dont think this was CDPRs plan.
For most of us, it seems this is the case. Though if I read
Guerreroymago's post right - link - then he has everything except the light/blizzard cardback.

As for CDPR's plan, I don't think they had one. I think there might have been a little too much pre-festive vodka involved. If they'd been thinking straight, then they would have seen just how close this style of rewards distribution comes to lootboxes. They're lucky to have such a bank of goodwill in their playerbase, since many other studios doing something like this would have panicked their players into thinking it was a direction rewards would be taking in the future.

i think thats it, no card back for me this year as CDPR dont said a thing about possible bugs or fixes... sad.

But that does seem to be usual for CDPR - say nothing until it's too late, then say very little to acknowledge the underlying issues. But yeah, I think you're right; those of us who haven't got a cardback yet likely won't get one until it goes on sale in the shop.

For most of us, it seems this is the case. Though if I read
Guerreroymago's post right - link - then he has everything except the light/blizzard cardback.

Yes, I have the 3 avatars, the 2 titles, the 2 borders and 1 cardback (the dark).
And I do not have play a lot like others. Normally only for complete 1 or 2 daily crowns.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I got the 3 avatars, 1 border, 1 title (and not the midwinter title that was supposed to be obtained by login) and both cardbacks.

I got the first cardback early in the event, then had a bad luck streak during an entire week, 12 gifts and not a single vanity, but then got the other cardback a few days ago.

2 avatars, 2 borders, 1 title (snowman) and 1 cardback (blue).
Never received free winter board tho.

I still don't have Midwinter Wanderer, but got one title and one avatar. Haven't been playing past the first daily reward tier (6 rounds won), though.

It seems I am the most afortunate here! :p
Well, I think at the end of the day, that is free. A gift.

Maybe another procedure is better, but still is a christmas gift.

Getting free stuff and still not comfortable, because you didn't get ALL the free stuff. You guys should reconsider your priorities in life...

Getting free stuff and still not comfortable, because you didn't get ALL the free stuff. You guys should reconsider your priorities in life...
Ah another holier than though figure graces us with insight. Read the comments again. People aren't complaining about free stuff, they're complaining about the method used to distribute the free stuff.

Also, scrap and ore is only helpful for new players who don't have a massive bank of resources. There's a a lot of players who have massive amounts of scrap from beta that hasn't been reduced because we get so much of it from regular play. If CDPR had made the cardbacks redeemable for scrap, then there would have been less complaints about the manner rewards were distributed. For CDPR, providing a resources sink is also a win for their monetization, since it provides an outlet for players to spend scrap between expansions, rather than sit on their hoard and craft everything the moment an expansion drops.

Ah another holier than though figure graces us with insight. Read the comments again. People aren't complaining about free stuff, they're complaining about the method used to distribute the free stuff.

Also, scrap and ore is only helpful for new players who don't have a massive bank of resources. There's a a lot of players who have massive amounts of scrap from beta that hasn't been reduced because we get so much of it from regular play. If CDPR had made the cardbacks redeemable for scrap, then there would have been less complaints about the manner rewards were distributed. For CDPR, providing a resources sink is also a win for their monetization, since it provides an outlet for players to spend scrap between expansions, rather than sit on their hoard and craft everything the moment an expansion drops.
The method bla bla bla. What's wrong with the method since everyone I saw here got at least a few vanities? 'But oh, no I did not get exactly the 1 vanity I wanted, poor me'. Seriously get a grip.
Oh and the poor old beta players that have 1000k+ scrap, poor they, they did not get that shiny No=356 border :(
Once again guys, reconsider your priorities in life. This was a christmas event that was supposed to bring some diversity/holiday uniqueness to the game, not fill your pockets with every single vanity possible.

@SAVARD07 - I totally got it mate.

The method bla bla bla. What's wrong with the method since everyone I saw here got at least a few vanities? 'But oh, no I did not get exactly the 1 vanity I wanted, poor me'. Seriously get a grip.
Oh and the poor old beta players that have 1000k+ scrap, poor they, they did not get that shiny No=356 border :(
Once again guys, reconsider your priorities in life. This was a christmas event that was supposed to bring some diversity/holiday uniqueness to the game, not fill your pockets with every single vanity possible.

@SAVARD07 - I totally got it mate.
You sound like you have a grip on something. I just don't think it's the discussion people have been having about the event. But, ok everyone just take a leaf out of this guy's book and don't complain about anything connected to a free event, ever. More lootbox mechanics needed. In fact ditch progress and seasonal reward trees entirely and replace them with a great big clicky box that randomly spits out a prize a day for free. Then, for the impatient and unappreciative, make a premium key that instantly unlocks all the non-resource content the clicky box can randomly give you. Just remeber, clicky box is free, so you'd be a bad person who makes poor life choices to complain about something for free.

Top Bottom