NR is so OP that the game is broken, IMO.

+
Waaaa nerf this, waaaaa nerf that.... so sick of seeing this in pvp games.
So they will nerf NR and then the same people will be on here going, waaaaa nerf this, waaaaa nerf that for what ever is he next strong deck they dont like. Give it a rest.

So they will nerf NR and then the same people will be on here going, waaaaa nerf this, waaaaa nerf that for what ever is he next strong deck they dont like. Give it a rest.

I see your point, but the problem is, that the majority is playing the most powerful decks and that makes a game boring as long as there are a few decks that are much stronger than all others. I don't mind OP-decks for a certain time, but I am sick of NR (and NG to a lesser extent) for many month now. A little bit of balancing would be nice after such a long time.

No need to nerf NR. The stratagems as a whole are the problem with that deck and they shouldn't have been released that way. There will always be strong decks but CDPR can put more effort into making cards make more sense for the game instead of being game breaking.

Posts complaining about the complaining aren't going to help any either.

Posts that are just complaining about other people, or about other peoples' complaining, are never helpful or good in any way. So, please, don't continue down that path.

I‘m a NR main, even using the scenario because it really isn‘t bad, but here are some points I want to adress in this thread (not only NR):
- put a artifact removal card in your deck! There‘s this beautiful 5 cost bomb heaver. No big deal, but you can destroy a 13p scenario with it.
- bombardement is OP. In a ridicolous way. Costs of 5 points for 4-11 points (my „highscore) is just utterly unbalanced.
- the pincer maneuver is really pretty likely the best leader ability on its own, and especially since it still gives you 15points. I‘d lower them to 10 or even less, but equal to the lock leaderability.
- weather is really a shame how it is nowadays. There hardly any use in weather besides that no one has a clearing card in their deck. I like experimenting and being creative, but I found no way how weather could be useful the way it is right now. Also a provision problem: 7costs for maximum 8 points.
- radeyah: it‘s a neutral card, everybody can use it. She‘s not a NR unit. Therefore I don‘t really get why you‘re complaining. I don‘t use her and also very rarely encounter her. I love Matta and also thought that she‘s OP, but since it gets even when your opponent plays her too I think she‘s fine.

OK,
I'm new old player, I liked NR, so whenI wnet back first think i made, was copy NR pincer maneuver form Aretuza, to get hang of this game again. And yes, it was incredible.
I didn't see problem, until I played few times against them ;-)

OK, they are strong, but you can win against them with top meta decks OR if you have option to play your round 2 tobleed enemy. Most my loses with them/ wins against them were with bleeding in round 2. He either use his synergy there, or loss this round, suposedly game.
But for this you need to win round 1...

Also, yeah, soemthing seems bad with borbandment, but not sure about it...
Hmm, idea is to kill enemy siege machinces asap i guess? To counter it all?

Last edited:
[...]

Here is a thought. How about putting together one of these 'OP' decks and playing with it. See how others beat you and learn from it.

Edited. -Drac

Last edited by a moderator:
I‘m a NR main, even using the scenario because it really isn‘t bad, but here are some points I want to adress in this thread (not only NR):
- put a artifact removal card in your deck! There‘s this beautiful 5 cost bomb heaver. No big deal, but you can destroy a 13p scenario with it.
- bombardement is OP. In a ridicolous way. Costs of 5 points for 4-11 points (my „highscore) is just utterly unbalanced.
- the pincer maneuver is really pretty likely the best leader ability on its own, and especially since it still gives you 15points. I‘d lower them to 10 or even less, but equal to the lock leaderability.
- weather is really a shame how it is nowadays. There hardly any use in weather besides that no one has a clearing card in their deck. I like experimenting and being creative, but I found no way how weather could be useful the way it is right now. Also a provision problem: 7costs for maximum 8 points.
- radeyah: it‘s a neutral card, everybody can use it. She‘s not a NR unit. Therefore I don‘t really get why you‘re complaining. I don‘t use her and also very rarely encounter her. I love Matta and also thought that she‘s OP, but since it gets even when your opponent plays her too I think she‘s fine.
- no, you can destroy the last chapter of it, at which point your opponent already got 11 points or more if his trebuchet has a target
- i don't know if bombardement would be an issue outside of scenario deck, maybe, because they got quite a few very good siege engines and there is less removal in the game, but i don't think so
- this i completely agree with, you get any card from the deck, so we can assume it's like 12 points on average, can be even more because you can get a perfect answer for certain situations, plus you get to play two cards in the same turn, which is hard to evaluate in points value, but it can be a lot
- agree that weather is underwhelming, outside of SK greatswords/dagur, and maybe some bloodthirst trigger it doesn't find much use, conditional 8 for 7 over 4 turns is not good enough
- well you are missing out so i will copy this for you from teamaretuza "The real heart of the deck is Radeyah. In this deck, we will often play Radeyah on the Melee row to utilize the Engineering solution stratagem. The natural combo with this is Prince Anséis, which can destroy a large unit and take advantage of the Shield blocking the first instance of damage back in the duel. The point ceiling of this combo is 29 points at maximum, but it also offers flexibility and removal." that's why people complain about her in NR, i also think she is a problem in ST because elves are getting played instead of summoned, i think a player should be forced to use the stratagem in the same turn with radeyah, this wouldn't stop the combo with prince, but at least you wouldn't be able to use both this combo and the scenario combo
Post automatically merged:

[...]

Here is a thought. How about putting together one of these 'OP' decks and playing with it. See how others beat you and learn from it.

Edited. -Drac
Here is a thought. There is enough of high tier/high imput players to find out if something is OP in a months time.

Last edited:
Assuming the enemy has an actual target on the ranged row (or the player an order to make the Trebuchet inspired), the NR player will get 13 points for 14, when last chapter is denied, while the enemy will get 4 points for 5 provisions. That means even with artifact removal, both players come out even and the NR has one more turn to set off his engines, which is pretty bad.

I don't know if the problem would be that big if "play an extra card" leaders were properly balanced, but I guess the scenarios would still be too strong.

i think a player should be forced to use the stratagem in the same turn with radeyah, this wouldn't stop the combo with prince, but at least you wouldn't be able to use both this combo and the scenario combo
Completly agree with that, though it might be a problem with the created stragem. Also, Radayah should become an Order with Zeal, such that you can still delay the effect, but it becomes counterable.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Im pretty sure the devs missed out the Radeyah+Anseis combo and the Radeyah+elf scenario combo, and even though MoO came out early December and thoses combos dominated the meta (NR Siege and SC Elves shares the top spot with SC Harmony), they still thought it wasnt urgent to balance that thing out in this month's update...

Yeah, basically like all other combos in the past, when you combine crazy point slam with crazy removal you get an OP deck.
And this is what you get with both NR and SC elves/harmony at the moment, where basically every single card you play is both a point generating engine (stacking engines/elves/harmony) and a removal tool(triggering scenario/oak/poison/elves specials).
Devs never learn.

At what rank are you playing that you aren't seeing Radeyah?

Bomb heaver is a bad card and what's worse is it doesn't even straight up counter scenerios. People usually either use up the scenerio before it can be effectively countered or they simply caretaker it back out to take the final round. Artifact removal is pretty bad right now since the devs chose to remove a bunch of it.

[...]

Edited. -Drac

You shouldn't assume that people arguing for nerfs also don't know how to counter another deck. Just because you can beat a deck does not mean certain cards are not over powered.

There are two things I would like to see changed regarding the scenarios:

- they shouldn't be destroyable because it sucks to lose so many points to a single bomb heaver or other card. Maybe make it harder to fulfil or try other balancing mechanics.
- You shouldn't be able to play them in one turn. A scenario should be something that you have to commit to for a longer period so at least 2 or 3 turns. That would also ad to balancing the scenarios

There are two things I would like to see changed regarding the scenarios:

- they shouldn't be destroyable because it sucks to lose so many points to a single bomb heaver or other card. Maybe make it harder to fulfil or try other balancing mechanics.
- You shouldn't be able to play them in one turn. A scenario should be something that you have to commit to for a longer period so at least 2 or 3 turns. That would also ad to balancing the scenarios

The problem with this is now you have an uninterruptible card on the board that is going to generate massive points. So lets say you need 3 turns to activate it. The player waits until he has four cards left. Plays the scenerio which the other player can do nothing about and if that player has nothing but damage cards he automatically loses value because he can't damage the scenerio.

Still seems like it would be abused imo.

right now I'm rank 21, my best is 17. I'm playing more casual and creative rather than just copying decks and gaining ranks.

At what rank are you playing that you aren't seeing Radeyah?

Bomb heaver is a bad card and what's worse is it doesn't even straight up counter scenerios. People usually either use up the scenerio before it can be effectively countered or they simply caretaker it back out to take the final round. Artifact removal is pretty bad right now since the devs chose to remove a bunch of it.

right now I'm rank 21, my best is 17. I'm playing more casual and creative rather than just copying decks and gaining ranks.

I'm glad you are enjoying the game playing what you like.

When you get to somewhere around rank 8 and higher you will be facing a lot of Radeyah.

The problem with this is now you have an uninterruptible card on the board that is going to generate massive points.

I guess this could be ok if you could interact with the conditions but I'm not sure how it could be implemented and be more balanced. For example: If the scenario was something like "1 step play a siege engine, 2 step control 3 siege engines" you could try to prevent your opponent from getting to the 3 siege engines but couldn't destroy the scenario itself. The scenario would be more like elven roach. But this is just out of the blue and I don't know if it would work.

I think the concept of this new NR siege engine deck is pretty cool (this is coming from someone who doesn't play it), so from that point of view I hope it remains a solid deck with a clear enough counter method to remove siege engines to minimise bombardment.

So the only issues I have are with a few interactions - the biggest problem being Pincer Manoeuvre with Scenario combo immediately progressing to the second act - so even if you banish/remove the scenario afterwards it isn't worth much as most of the board is already set up.

In general I think Scenarios should be limited to one tick per turn - so even if you do something that plays two cards, it can only progress once on the same turn.

And then the Radeyah/Anseis interaction... a number of possibilities here, but this certainly needs to be looked at.

Then it's just minor number tweaking - maybe reducing Falibor to a 5 strength, maybe bombardment down to a 3 for 4 instead of a 4 for 5? Or maybe even a 3 for 5, though that may be a little harsh.

Tbh there have been far more annoying decks in the past such as no unit ST or NG spies, though of course that doesn't excuse the need to balance what is currently at the top.

The only version of this deck I really hate is with caretaker and renew. Maybe caretaker should retire or take care of something different but not bringing any given artifact back.

Could also give the scenarios a cooldown so it doesn't trigger more than once per turn?

To go back to the 'make the same deck and see how to beat it' and 'play other meta decks to beat it', that is precisely the problem. Deckbuilding and searching for strategies/combos or other options and risking an innovative deck are options not rewarding at all since only 3-4 decks are playable above rank 7-8. And if you make your own deck to counter NR siege, you'll be stuck against anything else.
As stryker said, I did beat the deck sometimes, mostly when it's played brainless or when having a really good hand but it's still frustrating to have to count every single point on every single play you make when the opponent can just throw cards on the table without thinking and see his point counter explode

Top Bottom