Important news regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the delay is because last demo feedback we will not see it or anything new for a while.

I suspect E3 2020 will be where new marketing campaign will start.

Btw this is good example why you should never preorder anything so early - people that did this in last E3 because of Keanu CGI hype will be waiting 14 months.

All of my merch/game preorders except GOG haven't even billed me yet, and won't until the release date comes, so I lost nothing by pre-ordering early. :shrug:

You're probably right about E3, but another 5 months without information is going to be hard for people to stomach.

So. September 2020.

That means next-gen will be in full force by then? Surely that means that handicapping the game for a nearly 8 year old system most people stopped using is useless now?

Old PS4s from 2013. Most people will be using PS4 pros and PS5's, no?
Ah, I'm not so sure about that. For most gamers, what's the benefit in upgrading to a "Pro" version when the system they have works just fine?

For me and you, the difference is obvious, but not everybody understands hardware and such. "PS4, PS4 Pro... Sure, this one will allegedly let me reach 4K, but WTF do I care? My games look and run fine on what I've got. Not worth the $500."

Ah, I'm not so sure about that. For most gamers, what's the benefit in upgrading to a "Pro" version when the system they have works just fine?

For me and you, the difference is obvious, but not everybody understands hardware and such. "PS4, PS4 Pro... Sure, this one will allegedly let me reach 4K, but WTF do I care? My games look and run fine on what I've got. Not worth the $500."

Sorry, I'm not very well acquainted with consoles and just thought most people had moved past old PS4s already. But look, PS5's havent gotten released yet

They will soon, by the end of 2020. Whats the point of handicapping your technology for an old system?
I just worry that it might have a detrimental effect on the game

not really annoyed by the delay, more annoyed by the fanboys who kept telling me the release date was set in stone because keanu announced it so cdpr has to finish the game in april or because they've been working on it for 7 years so they can tell when the game will be ready.

That isn't surprising at all. The marketing silence 3 months before release was an indication for a potential delay. I wouldn't be surprised if the game get's delayed again into early 2021 similar to Witcher 3. I agree with some people saying that the rather cold reception of the "deep dive" video could be a reason. After the first 45min gameplay demo everyone was really hyped but the latest gameplay was pretty underwhelming. In combination with all the other news about the game (no multiple apartments, no third perrson cutscenes, possible censorship etc.) my hype has died down completely so the delay isn't a big deal. I
Nah, delaying into 2021 is not gonna happen. They have been adamant on releasing it for current console gen. They would never release CP2077 on ps4 and Xbox 1 when the ps5 and new xbox would have been out for months.

I knew it, maybe they delay it again in september for next year
I don't care, I have it on Steam
a delayed game can be very good a rushed game is forever bad

Sorry, I'm not very well acquainted with consoles and just thought most people had moved past old PS4s already. But look, PS5's havent gotten released yet

They will soon, by the end of 2020. Whats the point of handicapping your technology for an old system?
I just worry that it might have a detrimental effect on the game
No worries, I was just explaining.

I agree that it could have a detrimental effect on the game, but it's also necessary because without current-gen console sales, the game wouldn't exist.

It's a joke for April Fool's Day, right? Right!!!!?
we can test it together, as a family, really?, really!!!? *.*
It doesn't bother me.
I will continue in denial

I don't mind more time being spent on development, but goddamn, 5 months is the longest delay we've seen recently, it kinda stings :giveup:

So. September 2020.

That means next-gen will be in full force by then? Surely that means that handicapping the game for a nearly 8 year old system most people stopped using is useless now?
Full force? Both the PS5 and Xbox Series X were stated to release holiday season 2020. So by September, neither will be out yet. There's zero chance they're pushing back for a new gen release. At the very most, you'll get an update patch going to next gen systems for updated resolutions and maybe raytracing.

The game was originally and always built for current gen systems. That's the handicap they placed on themselves by developing for that. This isn't going to change what's been previously developed for current gen systems. There was never a chance of them skipping current gen so the handicap was always going to be there

Full force? Both the PS5 and Xbox Series X were stated to release holiday season 2020. So by September, neither will be out yet. There's zero chance they're pushing back for a new gen release. At the very most, you'll get an update patch going to next gen systems for updated resolutions and maybe raytracing.

You mean Christmas season? Just making sure. This newspeak is too vague for me

All this means is that I won't be getting it until November or December instead of May.
Post automatically merged:

That isn't surprising at all. The marketing silence 3 months before release was an indication for a potential delay. I wouldn't be surprised if the game get's delayed again into early 2021 similar to Witcher 3. I agree with some people saying that the rather cold reception of the "deep dive" video could be a reason. After the first 45min gameplay demo everyone was really hyped but the latest gameplay was pretty underwhelming. In combination with all the other news about the game (no multiple apartments, no third perrson cutscenes, possible censorship etc.) my hype has died down completely so the delay isn't a big deal. I
Oh boy, with those pre orders hopefully they don't delay until 2021.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm upset about this. You know what would make me and other people somewhat less upset though? If you released a playable demo in April for people like me and others who already pre-ordered the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom