Important news regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the biggest shock about this news isn't even the delay itself, it's the fact that it's five bloody months. That's an extremely long time for a delay.

I really hope this means the game will be the best thing I've played in my entire life on release.

5 months for those who are waiting for this game since 2013 is not much. Right? 🙂

"When it's ready"

it better be "cleaner than a cunt at a convent"

:ROFLMAO:

One extremely important point: since PR guys are reading this topic to verify how customers are reacting to the delay, please please PLEASE, if the company plans to re-release the game on next gen and make us pay twice (and you already know it, you do), which can be understandable from an economical point of view, at least confess it before launch. I know you can't speak about that due to sony's and MS's NDAs, but once they'll expire, tell us your plans. Clearly and honestly. At least that. Don't try to fool us around and announce a new release 2 months after we have bought the game just to maximize sales at day one. You always claim you care about gamers. ;)

Its a funny old world. Last year everyone was complaining about devs releasing buggy, unfinished games & dev studios over-relying on "Crunch". Now we have CDPR choosing to avoid both of these issues, & people still get angry.....wow! Sure I am disappointed about the delay, but I am not angry.

I was wondering why did we not receive another video for it before release like with W3. So when I saw Sep 17 on GOG I came here for answers.

Well, good luck with the testings and the works.

I wholeheartedly support the decision to delay the game for two basic reasons:
Reason 1. CDPR gets extra time to polish the game and avoid crunch, and then deliver the great final product.
Reason 2. I'm getting extra time to improve my PC to achieve great Cyberpunk 2077 performance :smart:
So that's a win-win :D

Yeah, the biggest shock about this news isn't even the delay itself, it's the fact that it's five bloody months. That's an extremely long time for a delay.

I really hope this means the game will be the best thing I've played in my entire life on release.
It's not really surprising if you consider every other month they could potentially move the release to. May is too close, then June, July and August are all summer time, which is always a period that is omitted by every AAA publisher... for marketing related reasons that I don't know exactly. This is why September was probably the closest period they could safely delay the game, which originally supposed to come out in April.

I bought a 5700 XT GPU just for this game last week.

I’m honestly happy they announced this delay sooner rather than a week later. I can still return this card before the 22nd, which is probably what I’ll end up doing.

With big NAVI and Ampere probably launching, and the new console specs releasing before September, this is an excellent moment to hold off a little longer.

And this was expected. It felt almost weird that such a massive game would be launching in just 60 or so days. The pacing seemed off. Unreal even.

September sounds right somehow. I agree that it’s quite lengthy, but it’s better than having 2 smaller delays that achieve much the same effect. Go ahead CDPR. You have my full support. Make it the best it can be.

However, the other good news is, maybe we'll actually finally see more content besides Pacifica now, heh. Or maybe they'lll just stay silent for another 3 months. Who knows.
my prediction:
- Optimistic: E3, demo played live on microsoft stage, nothing before. maybe people can play it there and at gamescom. CDPR have shown they like to award people who go to conventions (not likely, probably just watch). 100% no playable demo from home.

- Pessimistic: e3, keanu reeves bone naked on stage doing "the helicopter". People go nuts. we love our god and saviour keanu. let our girlfriends have your chidren. CGI trailer. stop. influencers and attendants will see/play another behind closed door demo. Just to annoy us at home a little bit more. :p After gamescom, 2 weeks prior to release, the new demo is released on youtube. 1 week later (septemer 10th) we get reviews.

My prediction is they will release the full Pacifica demo as a "sorry, hope you understand" type of "gift."
The only thing they would achieve that way is us thinking "oh, now I see why it got delayed". Which is not good for the game's sales.
Post automatically merged:

a
It's not really surprising if you consider every other month they could potentially move the release to. May is too close, then June, July and August are all summer time, which is always a period that is omitted by every AAA publisher... for marketing related reasons that I don't know exactly. This is why September was probably the closest period they could safely delay the game, which originally supposed to come out in April.
Also, april works good for sales. That's why sony has started to release its games in september. Not much competition apart from sport games (fifa in europe, NBA in the US).

"cyberpunk 2077 is delayed."

Personnages-celebres-Troll-face-Okay-meme-face-145305.png

Yeah it hurts even more when you realize that it's getting released towards the end of the year, year that we've just started. So now it's almost 1 year of waiting.

Last edited:
It is possible they found something HUGE which needs manpower and time to fix it. I have high hopes for a playable demo to bring comfort to all the fans which has preorder the game, take holiday from their jobs in april and upgrade their rig way to early.

Personally, I’m relieved by this news simply because this’ll give me more time to save money for my upcoming PC upgrade, plus by then the new GeForce card series should be out... hopefully. My concern now is with crunch: I hope this doesn't mean heavier crunch time for the devs, especially considering it’s going to be 5 more months of extra development and not, say, 1-2 intense months.

At any rate, I have a huge backlog to take care of. If everything goes well, I’ll have enough time to finish 3-5 games I’m eager to complete before Cyberpunk 2077’s release.

Last edited:
Bad games get updates. Worse games get roadmaps. Good games come out swinging.

Exceptions apply of course, but that’s generally a fitting rule of thumb.

So you mean that CDprojekt cannot do such exceptions?
Post automatically merged:

True, but a launch with (hopefully) no serious game-breaking bugs should be easier to achieve now for the devs.

They said it's playable from the beginning to the end, that mean the game isn't currently broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom