Important news regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you mean that CDprojekt cannot do such exceptions?

It’s better that they don’t and the additional months go a long way towards ensuring that CP77 won’t be an Anthem, Mass Effect Andromeda or Fallout.

I’m pretty sure CDPR will patch their game even after a September, but that’s to iron out the creases, instead of hastily fixing game breaking bugs.

If this were EA, Ubisoft or Activision, they would release CP77 in April, take our cash on the tsunami of hype, then apologise for all the glitches, put out a roadmap towards making the game somewhat playable by September, then stop bothering to patch anything by June and leave it half-finished.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I know delays are very common in videogames, but this one sucks so hard, i had been planning my entire life around it since the release date was announced last year (that's how important the game is for me), and now im basically screwed.

y said it's playable from the beginning to the end, that mean the game isn't currently broken.
nope, they said the game is there and full of bugs = the game crashes, looks like AC unity at launch, frame rate is shit = broken

Also, they claimed thay want CP77 to be as clean as RDR2 at launch (on consoles, where it was 100% perfect). Releasing another TW3 would just make people laugh at them.

Well, they've said they're confident that the game will be ready for a september release, but, If I remember correctly, they said the same about the april release, so I wouldn't be surprised if the game gets delayed again.
In that case I'll cancel my preorder and forget about the game. I'm honestly beginning to get tired of gaming and this game is in a sense "my only hope". But gaming is an expensive and time-consuming hobby and I only have so much patience.

Yes, in sales "holiday" season is between Thanksgiving and Christmas

Oh, so you meant the Christmas season. Great.

BTW - IMPORTANT:

5 months is a long time. It means either of the 2:
1. The game is in a really bad state now. Very buggy, probably unplayable. This is negative.

OR

2. They changed their minds and decided to completely re-fit the game for a next-gen (PS5 etc.) release already. This process doesn't take years, it's not short, but it's not super long either, and with a 5 month delay they bought themselves enough time to accomplish this.
It's probably a rational decision considering the fact that PS5's will be backwards compatible and so the so-called "double-dipping" makes no sense in this case.

Well, they've said they're confident that the game will be ready for a september release, but, If I remember correctly, they said the same about the april release, so I wouldn't be surprised if the game gets delayed again.

I’d be right with you on that sinking feeling if they would have delayed until just June or so. 5 months is a good time’s away though. It’s a good, safe amount of time.

And even then, I’m not disappointed at the game industry for the delays. I’m disappointed because they release micro-transaction riddled bugfests that prioritise live services over quality and writing.

Delays fix bugs. Delays are good. Delays aren’t as good as being able to buy a fully finished and polished product right now, but they’re not nearly as bad as buying an unfinished, broken product where you had high hopes.

I’m willing to prioritise between these things.

Last edited:
And even then, I’m not disappointed at the game industry for the delays.
Yeah, me neither. There are other reasons which go beyond just wanting something to release as early as possible. Do not misunderstand me, I get that the delay is probably a very good thing for the game's quality. The reasons why I'm tired of gaming have nothing to do with delays. I no longer feel joy in it. This has been happening to me for a long time, and now it's reached its peak.
I guess I had unrealistic expectations about the release of this game making me regain a joy I no longer feel, and the delay has sent me crushing down back to reality.

I knew it lmao. I said it would be delayed till October and I was downvoted on Cyberpunk's official subreddit.

Well, guess what. I was right. Off by 13 days but that's pretty feckin close

Bet you it'll be December. We will likely get a graphics downgrade,likely on PC to make CONsoles look passable and ANOTHER Short delay. The derpdive graphics looked blurry(YES,YES,I know, It was just DLSS Algo's,right? No proof. Maybe,or it is hints of a coming downgrade) 93 days ,to closing in on 8+ months....

While I am a little disappointed at having to wait longer for the game (as the game seems amazing and I want it NOW!!!)... I very much appreciate a company pushing back the release of a game to make sure it meets their quality standards.

So sick of seeing companies rush half-finished crap out the door just to meet some arbitrary deadline.

If you need time to make the game even better, then take it. It's worth the wait.

I think I was looking forward to not constantly refreshing the forums for news as much as I was the actual game's release. It'll be done when it's done right?

On the upside, this semester was not looking good with April being in the middle of it, next semester I'll just push back an extra month and not have something trivial like that get in the way of my Cyberpunk!

Well. Disappointing.
Yea, I understand, it's complex and probably this game become the crown of the 2020 (not only the CP2020)...
But Guys, it's a still blatant, when show a great gameplay video at 2018, accelerate the hypetrain to ridiculous speed with Kenau Reeves in 2019, give a release date (waaaaaayyyy ahead)... then BAMM, 5 months of slip.

When the peoples are counting back and take their free days of work in April...
I know it's not easy, make no mistake. But still, it's not a nice step too... :(
Post automatically merged:

I just got my RTX 2070 Super a week ago. Because the nVidia next-gen RTX card seems to be not coming before H2 of 2020, I think this would be a best bet at the release date of the CP2077. Yea. My bad luck...
I got my 2080 Ti not too long ago either. Oopsie.

Most people here have been supportive of CDPR's decision; some have not. And while I can understand that having to wait longer can be disappointing, isn't putting more man-hours into creating the game usually a good thing and an indicator that a studio puts quality before money?

Heck, *if* the game needs to be delayed another year to make it the "perfect" game, then by all means, I'll wait till I draw my last breath.

I know delays are very common in videogames, but this one sucks so hard, i had been planning my entire life around it since the release date was announced last year (that's how important the game is for me), and now im basically screwed.
I genuinely feel your pain, I'm going to go off the radar from all forums, subreddits, and social media related to cyberpunk 2077 for now. Decided to get my shit together and basically distract myself with personal goals. I would recommend doing the same, for example possibly improving your rig through time, getting a better job, learning something new, watching certain shows/movies, something.

I used to eye these forums, subreddit posts and on random social media posts to get an inkling of a sense of new development and this was just a bombshell development lol.

I approve of the delay just because the quality better be good and CDPR acclaimed it to be "crowning achievement for this generation". In that sense, I'll just get possible merch and figures but thats it, and on September 17th just play the game. I probably won't be here after the game release anyway bc we all care about playing the game after that.

I am very supportive of this delay. There are plenty of other things to do until then. My worry is only that their great ambition is not fulfilled. That is heart-breaking for them but for us fans too. An RPG lives through story and that makes it a strong game in addition to mechanics. So far we have basically no story. A demo in that scenario is very difficult to pull off. Therefore, I can understand why the demo may have looked a bit lackluster.

But I was in the gamescom demo and it was looking definitely good and I would have liked to play the game myself. Moreover, the problems have nothing to do with graphics. They did not repeat their mistake of showing bull shots in unrealistic quality to "downgrade" to workable quality later. Rather, the graphic quality is real and actually in the game.

Such a complex game is probably very difficult to test. That is my best bet why the delay was necessary.

So you mean that CDprojekt cannot do such exceptions?
Post automatically merged:

They said it's playable from the beginning to the end, that mean the game isn't currently broken.
Players will find ways to break it, even if playtesters haven't. Almost every games that's ever released has been playable from beginning to end before launch. That doesn't mean shit

We will likely get a graphics downgrade

How would you know it’s been downgraded? What would you compare the release with to know there’s been a downgrade?

... Are you going to compare it with the gameplay footage we’ve seen that had the big, plonking sentence plastered all over it that said:

“WARNING! READ CAREFULLY! NOTHING OF WHAT YOU ARE SEEING RIGHT NOW IS REPRESENTATIVE OF THE FINAL PRODUCT! WE’RE NOT EVEN OPTIMISED THE GAME AT THIS STAGE FOR HEAVEN’S SAKE!

TO BE HONEST THOUGH, I’M NOT EVEN SURE WHY WE’RE EVEN PUTTING UP THESE DISCLAIMERS, YOU’RE PROBABLY SEEING RIGHT THROUGH THIS AND ARE PRE-TYPING YOUR CONSOLE DOWNGRADE THEORIES SEVERAL MONTHS IN ADVANCE.”

I’m paraphrasing of course, but I can distinctly remember a little sentence to that effect, running throughout the entire presentation.

If so, how much bigger and brighter should that text have been in your opinion?

Thanks for the update (y)

Nice to see CDPR still prefer releasing a game without having to scramble to release a patch that fixes serious bugs that pops up within the first week or even hours after release.

Dude, The Witcher 3 was pushed back 2 times and it still had a plethora of bugs on release, they pumped out like 10 patches to fix bugs and abysmal performance on consoles. So don’t hold your breath on it being a bug-free experience.
My prediction is they will release the full Pacifica demo as a "sorry, hope you understand" type of "gift."
No one cares about that demo at this point when it was dissected a million times over.
Btw this is good example why you should never preorder anything so early - people that did this in last E3 because of Keanu CGI hype will be waiting 14 months.
Exactly! Never preorder, the digital copies are infinite and only give people money when you get something tangible in return because otherwise you turn into an investor.
I just got my RTX 2070 Super a week ago. Because the nVidia next-gen RTX card seems to be not coming before H2 of 2020, I think this would be a best bet at the release date of the CP2077. Yea. My bad luck...
Also got RTX2070S and all new PC in early December when I knew that in July Zen 3 would be released along with 3000 series of NVidia GPUs. Thanks CDPR!
Only to find out today that it's delayed after spending £400 on a top of the line model that will be a good £100 cheaper at least when Big Navi drops later this year.

This announcement came way too late and I'll be cancelling my order now purely on principle. If the game needed that much extra polish we should have been told much sooner than this, it would have been known.

And I doubt I'm the only one who bought hardware in anticipation either.
You’re not alone in the “bought new HW for this game camp”. Nice slap in the face for us.

Kinda weird since they waited for so long to reveal the release date in the first place presumably to avoid exactly this situation (again)...
As they say “when you don’t know the reason why something is done then in 99% of the cases it’s about money”. I’d wager they want to tack the completely unneeded multiplayer to cash in after all the claims that their focus is on singleplayer. OR since the new consoles will release 3 months from the new release date they’ll want to double-dip as soon as possible so that’s probably about getting acquainted with new gen consoles or both. Either way this only supports the notion that major shareholders run the show and not the talking heads.
I wouldn't be surprised if the game get's delayed again into early 2021 similar to Witcher 3. I agree with some people saying that the rather cold reception of the "deep dive" video could be a reason. After the first 45min gameplay demo everyone was really hyped but the latest gameplay was pretty underwhelming.
Kinda makes you wonder about the leadership in the studio. Glassdoor reviews from ex-employees seem to ring truer with every new announcement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom