Important news regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Take your time CDPR, most of us will wait.

It's not like we have a choice.
I cannot even void a pre-order, as I actually won the game for free.
Post automatically merged:

isn't putting more man-hours into creating the game usually a good thing and an indicator that a studio puts quality before money?

It depends on what they prioritize on.
For exemple if five month is what it takes to give the FPS players the "sensations" thingy their seems to worry about around the net, then that's wasted time for me. If they use that to add RPG things then that's better.
And as most of the time, we don't know what they do, and now being a pessimist I'll go for the worst explanation until something is said that cannot be badly interpreted.

Last edited:
Yeah, the biggest shock about this news isn't even the delay itself, it's the fact that it's five bloody months. That's an extremely long time for a delay.

I really hope this means the game will be the best thing I've played in my entire life on release.

That’s setting yourself up for a huge disappointment. No game can be end all be all.

[Sard Edit: politics, nope]

So I did change from Windows 7 to Windows 10 that early for nothing...:disapprove:

Yep, count me in as well. And Win 10 is the worst OS Microsoft has ever released. I wish Win7 supported all new hardware AND raytracing along with DirectX 12 (in games where Vulkan is not an option).

Last edited by a moderator:
[Sard Edit: Deleted content]

That said, there are gradations and I also believe that CDPR combines it with a secondary tenet of customer friendliness, more than any or at least most other companies. To earn trust and make profits of course, but sill.

I want to reward that by maintaining optimism.

they only made ONE great game, TW1 and 2 had fun stories but that was about it.

I mean, you’re not wrong! :ROFLMAO:

I’m trying really hard to be positive and am really eager to award trust to *a* developer.

Excusing the delay is an easy chore though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I approve of the delay just because the quality better be good and CDPR acclaimed it to be "crowning achievement for this generation".
The crowning achievement notion gets stale pretty quick. They called TW3 a crowning achievement in RPG genre in a 2013 VGX trailer and look what happened to the visuals showcased in it. Neither was it something groundbreaking in terms of roleplaying.

How would you know it’s been downgraded? What would you compare the release with to know there’s been a downgrade?

... Are you going to compare it with the gameplay footage we’ve seen that had the big, plonking sentence plastered all over it that said:

“WARNING! READ CAREFULLY! NOTHING OF WHAT YOU ARE SEEING RIGHT NOW IS REPRESENTATIVE OF THE FINAL PRODUCT! WE’RE NOT EVEN OPTIMISED THE GAME AT THIS STAGE FOR HEAVEN’S SAKE!

TO BE HONEST THOUGH, I’M NOT EVEN SURE WHY WE’RE EVEN PUTTING UP THESE DISCLAIMERS, YOU’RE PROBABLY SEEING RIGHT THROUGH THIS AND ARE PRE-TYPING YOUR CONSOLE DOWNGRADE THEORIES SEVERAL MONTHS IN ADVANCE.”

I’m paraphrasing of course, but I can distinctly remember a little sentence to that effect, running throughout the entire presentation.

If so, how much bigger and brighter should that text have been in your opinion?

Why am I thinking a downgrade? 2019s 14 minute video footage is CLEARLY inferior in basic resolution to the 2018 48 minute footage in sharpness,texture clarity,lack of Cube Maps,and 2019s entire lack of Shadows/ShadowMaps,etc. Some have claimed DLSS algo's as a possible suspect,but that doesn't cover shadows and cubemaps going AWOL,only resolution(blurriness) . I own 2 RTX cards and know it fairly well,one from Dec 2018( eVGA 2080Ti Black),the 2nd from last mobth(eVGA 2080Super FTW3 Ultra) Digital Foundry did a good breakdown of the multiple graphical disparities and as usual the many eagle eyed in D's comment section pointed out other smaller issues.

But more importantly? ? HISTORY. CDPR,like many many many others, has downgraded their games graphics before. Bait and Switch on graphical fidelity pre to post launch is SOP. It is sadly common practice in the industry.Sadly CDPR has helped poison the well by doing it too. Next you'll tell me DigiFoundry were lying? Or is it my lying eyes? That 14 min messed up jump cut was slick,with blur,it was honestly embarrassing, doubly and triply so after the 48 minute 2018 Visual Orgasm we were all treated to by CDPR's masterful artists.

You are correct and I fully believe that CDPR operates under these principles as well.

That said, there are gradations and I also believe that CDPR combines it with a secondary tenet of customer friendliness, more than any or at least most other companies. To earn trust and make profits of course, but sill.

I want to reward that by maintaining optimism.

I mean, you’re not wrong! :ROFLMAO:

I’m trying really hard to be positive and am really eager to award trust to *a* developer.

Excusing the delay is an easy chore though.

Agree. I am not upset,angry or even disappointed in CDPR for this delay. I think this delay may be a good thing,it shows care and pride in their work as well care for us the community at large . Still,if I see discrepancy I will point it out. Now,if I see a pattern of them,I will start making noise. It was officially announced too soon,they shouldn't have told us April 16th was set in stone(people bought expensive hardware timed for THIS games release,booked time off work,etc),via Keanu and immediately asked for our pound of flesh. I still have my multiple pre orders,and desperately want this game to succeed,but have a bit of a bad taste in my mouth over past timing.

Why am I thinking a downgrade? 2019s 14 minute video footage is CLEARLY inferior in basic resolution to the 2018 48 minute footage in sharpness,texture clarity,lack of Cube Maps,and 2019s entire lack of Shadows/ShadowMaps,etc. Some have claimed DLSS algo's as a possible suspect,but that doesn't cover shadows and cubemaps going AWOL,only resolution(blurriness) . I own 2 RTX cards and know it fairly well,one from Dec 2018( eVGA 2080Ti Black),the 2nd from last mobth(eVGA 2080Super FTW3 Ultra) Digital Foundry did a good breakdown of the multiple graphical disparities and as usual the many eagle eyed in D's comment section pointed out other smaller issues.

But more importantly? ? HISTORY. CDPR,like many many many others, has downgraded their games graphics before. Bait and Switch on graphical fidelity pre to post launch is SOP. It is sadly common practice in the industry.Sadly CDPR has helped poison the well by doing it too. Next you'll tell me DigiFoundry were lying? Or is it my lying eyes? That 14 min messed up jump cut was slick,with blur,it was honestly embarrassing, doubly and triply so after the 48 minute 2018 Visual Orgasm we were all treated to by CDPR's masterful artists.

That there’s a disparity in quality is clear to see. Its your terminology and conclusion that I disagree with.

You don’t know if the difference is a downgrade. Perhaps the first footage was set in a showcase with far fewer assets involved. It’s much easier to make that look good, then when you’ve spend time crafting a bigger world that still needs to run well.

If that’s the case, it’s not so much a downgrade as an evolution towards a working product.

That it has to do with consoles is to me, yet another leap of reasoning that I won’t follow. I can easily refute your claim that the difference in footage is necessarily and easily termed a “downgrade” and you doubling down on the fact that it makes you right, makes me suspicious of a rigid bias.

Not to say that I’m not biased, but you’re reasoning isn’t enough for me to agree with your particular reading of history. This is not necessarily what’s going on in this case.

Man, now I need another 20 weeks of polls! Why CDPR why?!!!!

That's actual effort!

So, the same rules as always are still in place.

Kindness and Respect are Rule 1. Even if you're upset. If you can't observe Rule 1, posting anyway will lead to a cessation of your ability to post at all here.

Agree. I am not upset,angry or even disappointed in CDPR for this delay. I think this delay may be a good thing,it shows care and pride in their work as well care for us the community at large . Still,if I see discrepancy I will point it out. Now,if I see a pattern of them,I will start making noise. It was officially announced too soon,they shouldn't have told us April 16th was set in stone(people bought expensive hardware timed for THIS games release,booked time off work,etc),via Keanu and immediately asked for our pound of flesh. I still have my multiple pre orders,and desperately want this game to succeed,but have a bit of a bad taste in my mouth over past timing.

I’m disappointed! :p I’m just trying to find a way to deal with it. You’re right though. Some vigilance is required and we proceed with our optimism at our own risk.

Maybe I need our more negative forum goers to talk more sense in me. ;)

I

I wish devs would stop setting dates until they are 300% sure that they will meet their deadlines. It should be as simple as following fallout 4 example : announce the release and start marketing when your game is 100% finish, 2 or 3 months before release.

I wish devs would stop setting dates until they are 300% sure that they will meet their deadlines. It should be as simple as following fallout 4 example : announce the release and start marketing when your game is 100% finish, 2 or 3 months before release.

Serious question:

Is our disappointment now, worth our Keanu Reeves moments a few months ago?

Has this been worth it?

We so often see hype as a means to an end. Obviously CDPR is wielding it as a tool to get us to buy copies with the understanding of receiving the product they’re getting us exited over. We then hold the company to account for the implied promise that goes with it.

This is the correct reading and everyone who says otherwise is just being silly and far too naive for their own good. People who say otherwise deserve a little mockery.

Now, allow me to say otherwise:

Couldn’t we see Hype as just an experience in of itself, unattached from expectation? We’ve had fun. Look at the picture and tell me we haven’t had fun. We came to this forum with every bit of big news and we shared our passion.

Can’t Hype just be an experience that CDPR has given us for free? An appetiser that makes the long wait worth it and makes us savour the God-knows-when final release all the more?

I think I might have hit my head somewhere and I’m makin no sense, but I think this is the coping strategy I’m going for in the next five bloody months.

Last edited:
That there’s a disparity in quality is clear to see.

Not to say that I’m not biased, but you’re reasoning isn’t enough for me to agree with your particular reading of history. This is not necessarily what’s going on in this case.

Your 1st sentence is all I need. We need not agree here wholly. But a pattern in the visuals is as you said,clear,and they are degrading,its only the WHY and for what reason? the rest is going off into the weeds. Shadows,shadow maps,resolution drop,texture downgrad,etc,are clear for all to see,from 2018 visual extasy,to the smudgy grease of 2019. DLSS algorithms can only be scape goated to a small degree. The only thing that makes sense is my pet theory that what we were shown in late August 2019 was the game running on a CONsole,that was my immediate reaction when my wife and I watched day one on a 55" 4K Samsung TV from 2017,piped through my wife's pc and a HDMI Cable. Still dying to play and enjoy 2077,and hope we get it sooner then Sept 17th 2020,or more likely December 2020 during Xmas break.Putting it out 2 weeks into back to school is not smart.

That's really disappointing but a part of me knew that the April release was too good to be true. Just take all the time you guys need to make the perfect game, I have faith it will be worth the wait.

I

I could not possibly agree more with you on this !! Buying expensive computer hardware timed for a once in a lifetime game release,with a short return window of 14 to 28 days if your lucky, if things go wrong(RTX 3070/80/TI in July/August) is going to ruffle allot of feathers. They should have told us all Day before Black Friday 20q9 in November ,not months later after hardware cannot be returned,and or holiday time has been booked months IN advance. CDPR as an hour ago still had April 2020 16 ads running on Google,asking for preorder $$. WTAF? Bad look CDPR.

Anyway,its their mess,I am off to play Witcher 3 B&W to cool off. Have a great night all.

Your 1st sentence is all I need. We need not agree here wholly. But a pattern in the visuals is as you said,clear,and they are degrading,its only the WHY and for what reason? the rest is going off into the weeds. Shadows,shadow maps,resolution drop,texture downgrad,etc,are clear for all to see,from 2018 visual extasy,to the smudgy grease of 2019. DLSS algorithms can only be scape goated to a small degree. The only thing that makes sense is my pet theory that what we were shown in late August 2019 was the game running on a CONsole,that was my immediate reaction when my wife and I watched day one on a 55" 4K Samsung TV from 2017,piped through my wife's pc and a HDMI Cable. Still dying to play and enjoy 2077,and hope we get it sooner then Sept 17th 2020,or more likely December 2020 during Xmas break.Putting it out 2 weeks into back to school is not smart.
The visuals look upgraded to me, not downgraded. I'm very confused. Even Digital Foundry agrees with that, and they're experts on this sort of thing.

The 2018 demo looked so amazing because it took place in Watson, with bright, clear skies. The Pacifica demo mostly takes place indoors, and when it is outdoors, the skies are hazy and the lighting isn't the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom