Important news regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my situation, They didn't listen about adding TPP even for a simple Photo mode. Now they ask for more patience? I'm ok with it though, please take your time. However you have to add some TPP, I mean it has been a long wait. I'm glad I didn't preorder and I was going to buy it at full price, but its almost 8yrs? just saying thats a long time. Please add TPP to at least the photomode. I would buy the game at full price, at this point though I will wait for reviews first or a sale.

Little disappointing, but also exciting because It has the potential to be that much more masterful!

Nonsense, Neon. You may be a big fancy YouTuber now, but you're just as heartbroken as the rest of us! I can tell!

Time to boycott CDPR, cancel my pre-order, yada yada yada. Of course, that would mean going to Amazon and hitting a few buttons... It would take so long... Bah, nevermind, not worth it. Might as well keep it.

From past experiences, I prefer to wait for extra months to get an optimized and complete game rather than getting a broken one, such as Arkham Knight, and wait for extra months, that would've made the game optimized in the first place, so that the devs can release patches to fix ongoing issues, and also to avoid getting an unsatisfied ending, such as Mass Effect 3, and also wait for another extra months to remake the ending just to transform it from a pretty bad conclusion to a not bad one.

Let's just hope that we will get an optimized and complete game, regardless of the release date.

Nonsense, Neon. You may be a big fancy YouTuber now, but you're just as heartbroken as the rest of us! I can tell!

Time to boycott CDPR, cancel my pre-order, yada yada yada. Of course, that would mean going to Amazon and hitting a few buttons... It would take so long... Bah, nevermind, not worth it. Might as well keep it.

Hahaha, I always have a little chuckle at the knee-jerk reactions to things like these. The hard decision is delaying to make it better, the easy one would be to ship it and wish for the best, or for it to just be "good"

True heartbreak would be if It was cancelled :X *Knocks on wood*

No reason for release date announcements then. Just drop it out of the blue. CDPR’s word is just as hard as oak as was Jerry O’Connell’s dad in Jerry Maguire i.e. not something you should believe at all.

What was the alternative, in your opinion? I'd genuinely love to hear. I'm guessing that when they announced the release date, they thought they could keep it. Remember, rumors say they already internally delayed it once from 2019, but chose to reschedule for early 2020.

Sometimes things happen that are just beyond your control. Bugs pop up that need fixing, or the combat system simply isn't working how you want it to, or something like that.

I don't mind the few months wait if it means the game is stable and polished at launch.

What was the alternative, in your opinion? I'd genuinely love to hear.

Simple. They said they liked what Bethesda did with Fallout 4 launch. It would be nice if they adopted the same approach - announce the date when the game is finished and release it 3 months later. Not reveal a fake release date when the odds of not making it are pretty high.
What CDPR did is basically unleashing mass hypnosis inducing celebrity (Keanu) who then supposedly revealed the release date. Gotta keep up the hype I guess. But I despise this method of generating hype.

Personally I hope Dying Light 2 comes out in May giving CDPR what for.

No reason for release date announcements then. Just drop it out of the blue. CDPR’s word is just as hard as oak as was Jerry O’Connell’s dad in Jerry Maguire i.e. not something you should believe at all.

They get massive amount of press when they delay. I bet they got more press than Keanu was able to bring for example, or maybe not, but anyway. Just like MP comes after launch its yet another press boost.

Simple. They said they liked what Bethesda did with Fallout 4 launch. It would be nice if they adopted the same approach - announce the date when the game is finished and release it 3 months later. Not reveal a fake release date when the odds of not making it are pretty high.
What CDPR did is basically unleashing mass hypnosis inducing celebrity (Keanu) who then supposedly revealed the release date. Gotta keep up the hype I guess. But I despise this method of generating hype.

That's fair enough. I can respect that opinion.

With that said, I don't wish ill on CDPR. I still think the game is going to be great whenever it releases. But I do understand your perspective, and I partially agree with it.

Well thats dissapointing and sad.

I know its ultimately for the best but dayum, 5 months is brutal. Thats like ... almost 1 year away.

Thing is even worse for me and others who had to upgrade their PC's for this game. I spent top dollar on an RTX 2080 when i could have waited and get it at a lower price later this year (or get any newer gpus if any released till september) had i known the april release date was not going to happen ...

Oh well .... imma go hide in a corner and cry a bit :)

Yet you're gonna play both of them. Thats kinda the root of the problem, good games are so rare, companies can do this kind of stuff. Even you're new to game industry, you play lets say 4 year, you are in same position than the rest of us, you wait for the next game.

What about just cancelling the game?

I'm serious, CDPR made way too much mistakes for just a game.
1. Developing two games in a row, when you're not big company: Even now, CDPR is not that big and consider this game was developed way before Witcher 3 was a thing. Carrying too heavy stuff will eventually harm you

2. Anakin, do you know the tragedy of Duke Nukem Forever the Long Developed Then Sent To Oblivion? 8 year is really long time because your game engine will be outdated, other companies will make games and you'll forced to add new stuff for compete. Or if you just don't care then release your game with outdated graphics and technology then watch how you get nukes from Metacritic and people. Did I mentioned No Man's Sky's refund policy btw?

3. Delaying: Especially when people showing you as a new hope, you just decide to betray their feelings. They think you're different, they hope you keep your promises and boom. Don't be fooled by some loyal people's "it's ok bud, take ur time" messages. Well or you can, refunds will prove you otherwise.

4. Pre-Purchase when you're not even sure if you can finish the game: Do I really have to explain why this is bad?

5. Expectations: Do you know why Valve will never release a HL sequel? Because people waiting it for a very long time, no matter what how game is good people will say "this is really HL sequel we've waited for years? Trash!". Same case may happen to CP2077

6. Do you know the wise man of Far Cry 3? He once said the definition of madness. Regardless of how you're treated, working on same thing for years is boring and will eventually mentally damage you. Do I have to remind RDR 2 controversy?

7. Multiplayer: Like, just why? Why you did even bothered to plan a multiplayer? Especially in a time even EA is returning to make good singleplayer games. Dude never forget you released only one IP and three games (not counting GWENT game).

For these mistakes amd more, this game should be cancelled in my opinion. A cancelled game is way better than having second Duke Nukem Forever disaster

Yet you're gonna play both of them. Thats kinda the root of the problem, good games are so rare, companies can do this kind of stuff. Even you're new to game industry, you play lets say 4 year, you are in same position than the rest of us, you wait for the next game.

I got pretty good example from myself. I played, Rage 2, Destiny 2, RDR2, Senua, Fallen Order, Metro Exodus, Need for Speed Heat just in 5 weeks. Yeah, my Winter games.

News of this delay brought a bitter start to my day, but it also solidified a pledge I have made to myself as I witness more and more modern game releases: not only is it a bad idea to pre-order a game that will be made available digitally, but the actual best time to pick one up nowadays is AFTER the final patch has been delivered or the Definitive/Game of the Year/Complete Edition has been released.

Why am I sharing this (likely very unpopular) perspective with you fine ladies and gentlemen? Because for me at least, what is even more disappointing than a delay - or even repeated delays, as we’ve seen with The Witcher 3 - is finally getting that game you’ve been waiting ages for neatly installed and booted up on launch day, only to see it chugging away with stuttering and further ruining your immersion with bugs, glitches and performance issues. There’s no end to the examples I could give, but RDR2 on PC comes to mind quite easily - a game that I have now shelved until it is properly fixed.

Going back to The Witcher 3, I actually began my playthrough on 15th May 2015 - I couldn’t wait anymore after those repeated delays! But even WITH those delays, the game’s graphics still suffered a downgrade (that modders are still trying to remedy now, in 2020) and the game was still buggy, glitchy and suffering from poor performance issues for many months after it was belatedly released. The fact that I kept playing in spite of all of that - and for 300+ hours no less - is a testament to what a great game it turned out to be underneath all of that grime.

Looking back on it all now, however, I can’t help but envy the people who waited and got to experience The Witcher 3 on the Game of the Year Edition and patch 1.32. Slicker UI, two massive expansions already included, way less bugs, way less performance issues, playing it on more recent and powerful hardware and the list goes on. I would indeed like to get back all of those 300+ hours I already put in so that I could invest them into the best possible version of the game now!

Alas, that is not possible, so what I can do is stick to my plan for the future. Our life on this Earth is sadly limited and I am finding that time spent waiting for something with bated breath, checking on it every day, suffering through delays and then finally having a less-than-desirable experience when it does actually arrive on my PC is time that I would rather invest in developing my own skills, improving my own quality of life and strengthening the relationships I have with my loved ones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom