Unofficial Cyberpunk 2077 FAQ!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
im still wondering if u can strip to butt naked in inventory no underwears

Yes I believe so, the part in the demo that was blured and again shown with underpants was shown to a wider audience, and in different countries so I think they had to play it safe for the demo.

PCGamer Cyberpunk 2077: Everything we know about CD Projekt's next RPG 10/21/2019

"Yeah. Cyberpunk 2077 isn't for kids, and definitely seems to be leaning into its inevitable mature rating. In the first few minutes of the demo, V rescued a woman kidnapped by organ scavengers. She was found naked in a bathtub, and the game didn't flinch away from full nudity. There was also a ton of swearing, as expected, but also what sounded like masturbation jokes. Cyberpunk 2077 looks keen to capitalize on the style of many premium cable shows—lots of swearing and nudity, that is."

Conan Exiles (the MMO game) does shoe private parts since the character creation and it's really not a matter, as far as I know.

the game is getting closer, im still wondering if u can strip to butt naked in inventory no underwears because this game apparently won't shy away from things like this
There is no official word, but I doubt it. I'm not sure what purpose it would serve narrative or gameplay wise. I think we're more likely to have an underwear wearing player character in the character creator.

There is no official word,

Not to argue with a mod, but

Badowski said that in the final game, his team intends to have full nudity, not for shock value but because it supports one of the most important themes in the cyberpunk genre: transhumanism, the belief that humanity can transcend its current mental and physical form with the help of technology.

“Nudity is important for us because of one reason,” Badowski said. “This is cyberpunk, so people augment their body. So the body is no longer sacrum [sacred]; it’s profanum [profane]. Because people modify everything, they are losing their connection to the body, to the meat. And that’s why we need to use the nudity in many situations.

Nothing is a fact until we get the game... but I believe there shall be Nudity in CP2077.

Not to argue with a mod, but

Badowski said that in the final game, his team intends to have full nudity, not for shock value but because it supports one of the most important themes in the cyberpunk genre: transhumanism, the belief that humanity can transcend its current mental and physical form with the help of technology.

“Nudity is important for us because of one reason,” Badowski said. “This is cyberpunk, so people augment their body. So the body is no longer sacrum [sacred]; it’s profanum [profane]. Because people modify everything, they are losing their connection to the body, to the meat. And that’s why we need to use the nudity in many situations.

Nothing is a fact until we get the game... but I believe there shall be Nudity in CP2077.
with all those drastic changes from 2018 to 2019, I wouldn't rely on anything being said back then. Actually, at this point I wouldn't even rely on anything being said prior to february-march 2020.

That's a 2018 quote and the question appeared to ask if this was still the case now. My guess is no, but there is no official word.

"transhumanism, the belief that humanity can transcend its current mental and physical form with the help of technology."

A but naked character on an inventory screen with/or whithout bits physics is neither transhumanistic nor relevant to underlying cyberpunk themes.

It would be pretty damn funny, though.

I think what they said there still very much applies. Just not on something as superficial as an inventory screen.

The fact that some people can find pixel di..ks and t..es offensive and/or unsuitable for children, but murdering bunch of pixel people is completely fine really speaks volumes about how f..ed up our civilization is.

Anyway, I would really like to know if we will be able to use/pilot ACPA's in the game. Some side mission perhaps?

Hello,

I'm new and interested in Cyberpunk, I have two questions:

1. I'm not so much into gang wars, violence, drugs etc but I'm very interested in Artificial Intelligence, robotics, psychology questions. Do you think this could be a game for me?

2. regarding romance options, in Witcher 3 I feel like I can only date girls that look like top models, not so much into that. Will there be more diversity aside from the NPC genders? Like maybe a cute chubby girl?

Thanks!

Hello,

I'm new and interested in Cyberpunk, I have two questions:

1. I'm not so much into gang wars, violence, drugs etc but I'm very interested in Artificial Intelligence, robotics, psychology questions. Do you think this could be a game for me?

We can't say for sure, but if gang wars, violence, and drugs are a problem for you as opposed to a "meh" point, I don't know if you'd enjoy Cyberpunk. Theoretically, AI, psychology, and humanity-oriented questions should be at the core of what Cyberpunk is all about, but all we've seen so far is the violent, drug, gang-related aspects.

Future gameplay might change that, but that's how it stands right now.

2. regarding romance options, in Witcher 3 I feel like I can only date girls that look like top models, not so much into that. Will there be more diversity aside from the NPC genders? Like maybe a cute chubby girl?

I sincerely hope so. I prefer my partners on the chubbier side, too. Unfortunately, I don't think it's very likely. Body modification is the norm in 2077 and all the women we've seen so far (NPCs, player character, random civillians) have been slim, and as you said, basically top models in terms of body type.

But we don't know if that will be the case for all romance options or not. In fact, we haven't seen any romance options yet, so we don't know.

Artificial Intelligence, robotics, psychology questions.
Well part of the main plot is apparently going to involve the player character being "haunted" by a AI digital construct of sorts. I think all of these topics will be involved in the game, but are unlikely to be the primary focus.
This is a good question to which we dont really have a solid answer. There are some NPCs you can spot in the various trailers and demos who are less "attractive" in the traditional sense. However, we dont have very much info on which NPCs will or wont be interested in romantic relations with V.

Cyberpunk is known for the old ultra-violence. Drugs, sex, rock-and-roll...bullets, blood, and cash. AI is a factor, but the gritty kill-or-be-killed energy is what CP was probably best known for. I'd imagine most citizens in Night City would have seen someone gunned down in cold blood before they were grown.

Cyberpunk is known for the old ultra-violence. Drugs, sex, rock-and-roll...bullets, blood, and cash. AI is a factor, but the gritty kill-or-be-killed energy is what CP was probably best known for. I'd imagine most citizens in Night City would have seen someone gunned down in cold blood before they were grown.

Doesn't agreed with that, it's mostly a per Game Master preference. It's like talking about Vampire The Masquerade and saying the main point is only politics where depending on the GM it could very well be "Humanity" instead.

Doesn't agreed with that, it's mostly a per Game Master preference. It's like talking about Vampire The Masquerade and saying the main point is only politics where depending on the GM it could very well be "Humanity" instead.

If you were to read the source books alone and never play the pnp, then you'd very easily tell how heavy the emphasis on drugs and violence is.

Just because different DMs interpret things differently for their games doesn't mean there isn't a "canon." I mean, people re-interpret D&D to create sci-fi experiences, but at its core, D&D is still about fantasy roleplaying, dungeons, dragons, magical items, necromancers and the like.

If you were to read the source books alone and never play the pnp, then you'd very easily tell how heavy the emphasis on drugs and violence is.

Just because different DMs interpret things differently for their games doesn't mean there isn't a "canon." I mean, people re-interpret D&D to create sci-fi experiences, but at its core, D&D is still about fantasy roleplaying, dungeons, dragons, magical items, necromancers and the like.

I actually only own the core manual of C2020, so I can hardly qualify as an expert, but there is also a big emphasis on "Humanity, flesh and cyber" in it.

I actually only own the core manual of C2020, so I can hardly qualify as an expert, but there is also a big emphasis on "Humanity, flesh and cyber" in it.

I'll put it this way:

I knew very, very little about Cyberpunk 2020 before I started familiarizing myself with the world for the final stretch of CP2077 development. And the vast majority of everything I've uncovered comes back pretty strongly on the counter-culture, drugs, and violence end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom