Votes: 4 5.8%
  • 3. cyberninja

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • 4. other (specify in the post)

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • 5. no final boss

Votes: 39 56.5%

• Total voters
No final boss I think OR, hear me out on this: Johnny Silverhand. He exists in you via the chip, watches your every step and in the end he decides to take over. It's possible at least.

No final boss I think OR, hear me out on this: Johnny Silverhand. He exists in you via the chip, watches your every step and in the end he decides to take over. It's possible at least.

That's what I suggested before. However, I think that you should have the choice of taking him on. If you choose to destroy his existence, then the boss fight should start.

I'd like to think of it in more literal terms.. Final boss... e.g. Corpo God. Maybe the final "boss" is actually the CEO of <insert biggest corporation here>. Instead of a boss 'fight' its more like an advancing war with night city as the battleground. Two masterminds going head to head with tens or hundreds of pawns dying for their cause. That'd be pretty dope :p

edit: I'm thinkin like, end of Fight Club status, watching the whole city burn from the computer chair atop a high rise..

No final boss, rather some final metrics like reaching some level of reputation, level of richness and so on. But since this game will focus on the story rather than being just a sandbox i expect rather a final boss at the end.

I can see there being a handful of final bosses depending on the choices you make and who you side with, maybe even Johnny Silverhand can be one if you side with Arasaka.

I can definitely see us fighting a dragoon (we already have one power armor boss with royce), a giant robot, a cyber psycho a VTOL/helicopter or other flying vehicle and more.

I'd like to think of it in more literal terms.. Final boss... e.g. Corpo God. Maybe the final "boss" is actually the CEO of <insert biggest corporation here>. Instead of a boss 'fight' its more like an advancing war with night city as the battleground. Two masterminds going head to head with tens or hundreds of pawns dying for their cause. That'd be pretty dope :p

edit: I'm thinkin like, end of Fight Club status, watching the whole city burn from the computer chair atop a high rise..

That sounds like Corp War. I hope they did not forget it. It would be so fun if online/MP was built around Corp War. Imagine to be EA, killing Valve's guys, kidnapping their kids, bribe their employees and that kind of stuff. Destroy their game trucks and factories. Send hackers to rival companies.

If there is a Final Boss, it's like punishing player for not choosing to play a combat build.

Not all Boss encounters are combat encounters. The concept of a Final Boss is just the finality of your journey - one last gameplay obstacle before the narrative ends.

Not all Boss encounters are combat encounters. The concept of a Final Boss is just the finality of your journey - one last gameplay obstacle before the narrative ends.

Actually, reading the OP it very likely seemed to be an enemy, not just some kind of puzzle or whatever.

^ this. It's probably going to have many bosses based on quest lines, from gangs to corporations, hopefully it goes beyond that and they're creative bosses as well. Sasquatch from the Animals seemed unique in the sense of brute power but that is all really (still would like to fight her!)

I'm hoping to face Saburo Arasaka and the boss of the Bozos, apparently rumored to be like Pennywise by Mike Pondsmith...
Bozos, Julliard, Sacred Blades, Jack the Rippers, Willow Sisterhood, KoneHedds etc..
I need :cry:
But they ruined the Voodoo Boys, that worries me..
Voodoo Boys 2020 they look more interesting/macabre

In my opinion, as long as the game ends in a "satisfying" (not the same as happy) way it doesn't need to feature a traditional final boss battle. But, if it does end up having one, I'd like it to be a challenge where every possible character build has the chances of overcoming it, in some way or another, and with appropiate consequences depending of the player choices regarding how they treated/approached said final boss(es).

Look at Blood and Wine, for instance. Battling its final boss was not mandatory but, whatever the player chose, they had coherent and important consequences to deal with. One criticism about that boss, though: the devs should've telegraphed better some of the consequences of that encounter. Other than that, a good enough example of my point.

The final battle in Dragon Age Inquisition's Tresspaser was also pretty cool and memorable in part because of the villain itself (one of my favorite videogame villains :ok:), in part because of its kinda-multistage-y nature, and in part because of the DLC's particular mechanic and its dynamic in fights.

Another thing I enjoy, by the way: long, multistage final battles. I had a blast with The Witcher 3's final quest (and not just the admittedly pretty standard fight with Eredin) mostly because it felt like a really longwinded and decisive battle without each "stage" overstaying their welcome. Or Twilight Princess' epic final boss battle, although that's a very different type of game.

Last edited:
This game seems like the kind of game where the last boss could range anywhere from a city sized giant robot to a super intense conversation ending in a speech check and I love it.

This game seems like the kind of game where the last boss could range anywhere from a city sized giant robot to a super intense conversation ending in a speech check and I love it.

They have said the story is all about saving yourself, boss doesnt make any sense, unless the V is the boss himself, some serious issues etc. Imho it sounds pretty too epic. Maybe idea for sequel? Self-struggle sounds like fun idea to me, maybe too girly though.

Last edited:
They have said the story is all about saving yourself, boss doesnt make any sense, unless the V is the boss himself, some serious issues etc. Imho it sounds pretty too epic. Maybe idea for sequel? Self-struggle sounds like fun idea to me, maybe too girly though.
True though as long as it makes sense with the choices I've made I'd be happy with whatever the last boss is or even if there isn't one at all. A last boss certainly isn't necessary as long as there is a satisfying concluson.

True though as long as it makes sense with the choices I've made I'd be happy with whatever the last boss is or even if there isn't one at all. A last boss certainly isn't necessary as long as there is a satisfying concluson.

I personally think the end isnt gonna be great, this game is more like "introduction to Cyberpunk" game. So its possible theres no satisftying end.

Gotta say though Self-Struggle sounds like fun idea for the series, Senua Hellblade series is already doing mental illnesses, so the time could be right.

Last edited:
I voted 'other' as I'd prefer an actual level to be the 'final boss'.

I'd like it to be visually stunning and to be able to test the player no matter what kind of V they've created. No favouring of certain builds over others.

Previous choices and allegiances/friendships making an impact on how it plays out would be great also.

Having said that, I suspect there will be a boss. I wonder if you'll be able to 'threaten/talk him down' or whether combat will be essential.

Top Bottom