Is this faction the dud at the moment?

+
I'm not sure if I started getting regularly hammered by opponents once I reached Level 19 because it starts getting more competitive there or not. I think that I started out playing Mon. When that deck started losing a lot I switched to Nor. When that started losing a lot I switched to Nil. I'm Level 17 now and even though I think that I have a great deck, I'm getting hammered more often than not, which I think is a flaw of the matchmaking system. Whereas previously my Nil deck was competitive and gave me enough wins to be satisfied, now it just seems that like every faction is OP. Have other factions been boosted by the Devs? Maybe they're playing new Neutral cards or something, I dunno.

The other day here, I thought that I got a great starting hand. As I said in another thread: "First game today, against Nor. I'm playing Nil. I lost the 1st round but had a 2 card advantage going into the 2nd round. Really, I had great cards and great synergies. It was close in the third round but in the end they ended up winning comfortably. It's ridiculous".

Just wondering why a once competitive deck now gets smashed by other decks when that wasn't happening before. Other factions just seem to have OP cards which demolish you. E.g. that one power female unit that delivers a 4,3,2,1 hit to your units. Just devastating. It really does seem like the game has suddenly become unbalanced between the factions.

Is Nil the current weakest deck?

DRK3

Forum veteran
I'm not sure if I started getting regularly hammered by opponents once I reached Level 19 because it starts getting more competitive there or not. I think that I started out playing Mon. When that deck started losing a lot I switched to Nor. When that started losing a lot I switched to Nil. I'm Level 17 now and even though I think that I have a great deck, I'm getting hammered more often than not, which I think is a flaw of the matchmaking system. Whereas previously my Nil deck was competitive and gave me enough wins to be satisfied, now it just seems that like every faction is OP. Have other factions been boosted by the Devs? Maybe they're playing new Neutral cards or something, I dunno.

The other day here, I thought that I got a great starting hand. As I said in another thread: "First game today, against Nor. I'm playing Nil. I lost the 1st round but had a 2 card advantage going into the 2nd round. Really, I had great cards and great synergies. It was close in the third round but in the end they ended up winning comfortably. It's ridiculous".

Just wondering why a once competitive deck now gets smashed by other decks when that wasn't happening before. Other factions just seem to have OP cards which demolish you. E.g. that one power female unit that delivers a 4,3,2,1 hit to your units. Just devastating. It really does seem like the game has suddenly become unbalanced between the factions.

Nilfgaard is actually one of the strongest and most popular. But the current NG meta is poison, maybe you're using something else.

If you want advice on how to improve your deck and what you might be doing wrong, start by sharing your deck (you can do this ingame easily, and share the link). We can help you improve it.

Ranked matchmaking is fine, but there are many players who did not played Ranked for a while. They are at lower ranks, but they are experienced and have full collection. If you are paired with them, you will be crushed. I have 2700 hours in the game and started the Season at Rank 21. Now I'm R16 and lost only 2 matches against players like me.

Meta changes even if there is no balance patch, so maybe your deck is just outdated. Also sometimes everyone is wiping their ass with you and sometimes you are the"ass" :) , it happens to all of us from time to time.
If you're a new player, you probably just don't have enough experience to adapt yet.

I have 2700 hours in the game
Respect bro, and here i thought my 1300+ hours is a lot :beer:

Nilfgaard is actually one of the strongest and most popular. But the current NG meta is poison, maybe you're using something else.

If you want advice on how to improve your deck and what you might be doing wrong, start by sharing your deck (you can do this ingame easily, and share the link). We can help you improve it.

Poison? Yeah, I've heard of that. I've had a lot of BS games in the past week where my "Too much poison is barely enough poison" deck just gets smashed by factions I was competitive with over a week ago. The problem is that there now seems to be a lot of factions which can remove my units from the board. I think I'll start a new thread on this topic, to do with how OP people like their decks to be.

Basically, if a card or unit can deliver poision, I've got it, I think. It's what the other decks are packing now which has really hobbled my success. I did have more luck in who I played today, as I levelled up to Level 16 (maybe I'm using that word wrong...the one with the mosaics is Level, right?). I did get get some opponents with their BS decks which are custom built to demolishing my deck...or most other decks.
Post automatically merged:

Meta changes even if there is no balance patch, so maybe your deck is just outdated. Also sometimes everyone is wiping their ass with you and sometimes you are the"ass" :) , it happens to all of us from time to time.
If you're a new player, you probably just don't have enough experience to adapt yet.

I do have issues with me being up by at least 16 points, maybe over 20 to under 30 and someone with a Mon deck, with one card left to play uses his leader ability, plays his final card and ends up squashing me. Can't say that was against my Nil deck though. It doesn't seem right. Sometimes you can't even bank a win when you are double figures ahead and they are down to their last card. Funnily enough, it might have been someone with a Mon deck repeatedly taunting me about how they were going to win despite being a mile behind me. They made their big move and I played my final card...squashing their just buffed up unit. It turns out though that you can win from a mile behind with that deck. It doesn't seem right.

Last edited:
Nilfgaard is the most popular faction, but it's definetely the not the strongest. Actually, tier 1 NR and SC decks often wipe the floor with Nilfgaard, with Sk and MO having a more unfavorable match up against it as they use a lot of tall units (but they can easily out tempo you, depending also what you're playing)

Nilfgaard is the most popular faction, but it's definetely the not the strongest. Actually, tier 1 NR and SC decks often wipe the floor with Nilfgaard, with Sk and MO having a more unfavorable match up against it as they use a lot of tall units (but they can easily out tempo you, depending also what you're playing)

Until about a week ago, I would have felt comfortable playing my Nil v Nor. I don't know if there are new cards out now, but the problem is that there are now cards which just deal a lot of damage to my units where that wasn't the case before. I posted about this in my new thread today, "How cool are OP decks?".

I get really negative when I have to play Mon now with their bs ability to come back from 16 points behind with one card left to play or Sco's Harmony bs which just buffs all their units with no good come back for it. When I played Nor against Sco, my Geralts weren't good against Harmony because you'd have to be really lucky for the Sco units on a row to have all the same power to wipe those units off the board with him. Harmony makes for really unbalanced game play, it seems to me.

...and I hate Syn...Ske...every time I play Classic I'm just hoping that I face another Nil player!

Until about a week ago, I would have felt comfortable playing my Nil v Nor. I don't know if there are new cards out now, but the problem is that there are now cards which just deal a lot of damage to my units where that wasn't the case before. I posted about this in my new thread today, "How cool are OP decks?".

I get really negative when I have to play Mon now with their bs ability to come back from 16 points behind with one card left to play or Sco's Harmony bs which just buffs all their units with no good come back for it. When I played Nor against Sco, my Geralts weren't good against Harmony because you'd have to be really lucky for the Sco units on a row to have all the same power to wipe those units off the board with him. Harmony makes for really unbalanced game play, it seems to me.

...and I hate Syn...Ske...every time I play Classic I'm just hoping that I face another Nil player!
You're a new player so you probably have reached that spot on the ladder where you start encountering meta decks more often. Unfortunately Scoia'tael and Northern Realms just dish out more in terms of raw points, and no amount of poison or lock is going to change that.

You're a new player so you probably have reached that spot on the ladder where you start encountering meta decks more often. Unfortunately Scoia'tael and Northern Realms just dish out more in terms of raw points, and no amount of poison or lock is going to change that.

I'm not that new. I just ranked up today from 16 to 15. Weirdly, contra this thread of mine, I found my matchups easier today. I was thinking of force-quitting one match against a Nil deck because they copied a card from Nil deck, and made Damien de la Tour, if I spelt his name right. They copied my Scenario which I wasn't playing either (it was like their hand was custom chosen to troll me). I managed to beat them because they just didn't seem to pack any Aristocrats and I'm not even sure that they were packing any poison units! Weird for a Nil deck.

Anyway, to disagree with you, Nor hasn't really dished out more in terms of raw points, not that I couldn't handle weeks ago. The difference is other factions and decks are now playing cards which I haven't seen before which damage my units out of the game. E.g. that female one point unit which dishes out 4,3,2,1 damage when deployed. Maybe the Scenarios have also been hurting me recently.

Oddly, my Mosaic completed right away, with no need for the extra win to seal the deal. What's that all about?

Just won a game against a Nor rank 15 player, after I ranked up. I won again. It's weird how the game is going from the extreme of what I started this thread about to me winning a few games today convincingly. Not sure if my victories have been as comprehensive as my losses though. The outcome is less bad, enjoyment of game wise than the opposite. Didn't have anyone force quitting against me, so maybe that means they at least found the matchups competitive or felt that they were a chance, which I haven't in the last couple of weeks.

I'm not that new. I just ranked up today from 16 to 15. Weirdly, contra this thread of mine, I found my matchups easier today. I was thinking of force-quitting one match against a Nil deck because they copied a card from Nil deck, and made Damien de la Tour, if I spelt his name right. They copied my Scenario which I wasn't playing either (it was like their hand was custom chosen to troll me). I managed to beat them because they just didn't seem to pack any Aristocrats and I'm not even sure that they were packing any poison units! Weird for a Nil deck.

Anyway, to disagree with you, Nor hasn't really dished out more in terms of raw points, not that I couldn't handle weeks ago. The difference is other factions and decks are now playing cards which I haven't seen before which damage my units out of the game. E.g. that female one point unit which dishes out 4,3,2,1 damage when deployed. Maybe the Scenarios have also been hurting me recently.

Oddly, my Mosaic completed right away, with no need for the extra win to seal the deal. What's that all about?

Just won a game against a Nor rank 15 player, after I ranked up. I won again. It's weird how the game is going from the extreme of what I started this thread about to me winning a few games today convincingly. Not sure if my victories have been as comprehensive as my losses though. The outcome is less bad, enjoyment of game wise than the opposite. Didn't have anyone force quitting against me, so maybe that means they at least found the matchups competitive or felt that they were a chance, which I haven't in the last couple of weeks.
That lady has also a boyfriend and his name his Falibor. Perhaps you'll become more acquainted with him in the future, if you aren't already.

rrc

Forum veteran
Dear @BartonFink, for the love of God, please refer the factions like this:
Monsters: MO
Nilfgaard: NG
Northern Realms: NR
Scoiatel: ST
Skellige: SK
Syndicate: SY

This is the standard abbreviation that is universally accepted and used in Gwent community.

Dear @BartonFink, for the love of God, please refer the factions like this:
Monsters: MO
Nilfgaard: NG
Northern Realms: NR
Scoiatel: ST
Skellige: SK
Syndicate: SY

This is the standard abbreviation that is universally accepted and used in Gwent community.

I don't get hung up on things like this. So long as people understand what I'm saying and I understand what they're saying, that's good enough for me. My abbreviations are more intuitive in any case, not as abstract. I.e. it's more obvious what factions they could be.
Post automatically merged:

That lady has also a boyfriend and his name his Falibor. Perhaps you'll become more acquainted with him in the future, if you aren't already.

Are you threatening me?

Didn't know I couldn't diss her. Her boyfriend's back then? Hey la!

Top Bottom