UPDATE 5.1 IS NOW AVAILABLE!

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

Update 5.1 is now available for download on PC and iOS! With this update we focused on balancing and re-working a sizeable amount of existing cards with focus on Skellige and Syndicate factions.

Note: Starting with this update we will not offer full mill value for re-worked cards.

Game Fixes:
  • Adding missing sound effects for premium cards from Merchants of Ofir expansion
  • Resilience tooltip changed.
  • Mandrake tooltip changed.
  • In deck selection picker, the leader ability sound will trigger only when coming from the Main Menu and selecting a new deck
  • Income trigger can be cancelled out - Card that have targeting and Income (like Dip in Pontar) will allow user to choose a target before committing to play the card.

New Features:
  • Added Tooltip System to Cards in Board for Mobile Version of the Game.
  • In Pro Rank matches the opponents' nicknames will be hidden until the final results screen
  • Starting from the Season of the Bear players now lose less ranks at the start of a new season. From ranks 1 to 13 players lose now 2 ranks, from 14 to 23 1 rank, and 0 ranks from 25 to 30. As for Pro Rank players will now lose 3 ranks apart from the top 500 players

Neutral:
  • Added "Scenario" category to: Siege, Haunt, Masquerade Ball, Gedyneith, Feign Death and Passiflora.
  • Adrenaline Rush ability changed to: Boost an allied unit by 8 if there are no other units on that row.
  • Adrenaline Rush provision changed from 8 to 5.
  • Epidemic ability changed to: Destroy a 4 provision cost unit.
  • Crow's Eye ability changed to: Purify an allied unit and boost it by 3.
  • Decoy Tactic category removed.
  • Decoy provision changed from 7 to 6.
  • Radayah provision changed from 10 to 12.
  • Olgierd: Immortal provision changed from 10 to 9.
  • Dragon's Dream provision changed from 12 to 11.
  • Avallac'h power changed from 4 to 3.
  • Dudu provision changed from 10 to 8.
  • Johnny power changed from 3 to 4.
  • Sarah power changed from 3 to 4.
  • Travelling Merchant power changed from 3 to 4.
  • Skellige Storm provision changed from 8 to 7.
  • Bekker's Rockslide provision changed from 9 to 8.
  • Dorregaray of Vole provision changed from 8 to 7.
  • Gimpy Gerwin provision changed from 8 to 7.
  • Wolfsbane provision changed from 9 to 8.
  • Lady of the Lake power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Fisher King power changed from 4 to 5.
  • Rock Barrage provision changed from 6 to 5.
  • Thaw provision changed from 5 to 4.
  • Gaunter O'dimm provision changed from 12 to 10.
  • Merigold's Hailstorm provision changed from 10 to 9.
  • Commander's Horn provision changed from 10 to 9.
  • Nivellen power changed from 4 to 5.
  • Count Caldwell provision changed from 8 to 7.
  • Maraal provision changed from 9 to 10.
  • King Cobra provision changed from 4 to 5.

Monsters:
  • Imlerith ability changed to: Deploy: Set allied unit power to 7. Dominance: Set a unit's power to 7 instead.
  • Imlertith power changed from 5 to 7.
  • Imlerith provision changed from 8 to 12.
  • Imlerith's Wrath ability changed to: Damage an enemy unit by the power of your highest allied unit. If you control Imlerith, destroy enemy unit instead.
  • Haunt tooltip now properly mentions Deathwish units.
  • Haunt provision changed from 14 to 13.
  • Penitent now mentions where unit is Summoned to.
  • Caranthir now properly mentions base copy.
  • Nithral ability changed to: Order (Melee): Damage a unit by 1. Dominance: Damage a unit by 2 instead. Cooldown: 1.
  • Nithral provision changed from 6 to 8.
  • Wild Hunt Hound ability changed to: Dominance: At the end of your turn, boost self by 1.
  • She-Troll ability changed to: Melee: Whenever a unit is destroyed during your turn, boost self by 2.
  • Wild Hunt Warrior ability changed to: Deploy: Damage an enemy unit by 1. Dominance: Damage it by 3 instead.
  • Wild Hunt Warrior provision changed from 5 to 4.
  • Adda: Striga ability changed to: Deploy: Damage an enemy unit by 2. Dominance: Damage it by 4 instead.
  • Adda: Striga power changed from 3 to 5.
  • Adda: Striga provision changed from 8 to 7.
  • Keltullis provision changed from 12 to 13.
  • Whispess power changed from 4 to 5.

Skellige:
  • Reckless Flurry ability now ignores Armor.
  • Wild Boar of the Sea ability changed to: Deploy (Melee): Damage all damaged enemy units by 1, then damage all enemy units by 1.
  • Provision changed from 10 to 11.
  • Brokvar Hunter ability changed to: Order: Damage a unit by 1. Cooldown: 2. Whenever you Discard a card, reduce Cooldown by 1.
  • Savage Bear now gives Bleeding instead damaging.
  • Dimun Pirate Captain ability changed to: Deploy: Damage an enemy unit by 1. Bloodthirst 2: Damage it by 3 instead.
  • An Craite Warcrier ability changed to: Bloodthirst 1: At the end of your turn, boost self by 1.
  • Giant Boar ability changed to: Deploy (Melee): Boost self by 1 for every damaged unit. Deploy (Ranged): Boost self by the amount an enemy unit is damaged.
  • Heymaey Flaminica tooltip tweaked to: At the end of your turn, Heal all other units on this row by 1.
  • Heymaey Skald ability changed to: Draw a card, then Discard a card.
  • Skjall ability changed to: Berserk 5: Destroy self.
  • Skjall power changed from 5 to 10.
  • Skjall provision changed from 8 to 7.
  • Heymaey Herbalist "then" changed to "and".
  • Covenant of Steel Armor changed from 0 to 2.
  • Coral power changed from 4 to 5.
  • Birna Bran provision changed from 10 to 8.
  • Sigvald power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Blueboy Lugos provision changed from 8 to 7.
  • Lippy power changed from 2 to 4.
  • Morkvarg provision changed from 9 to 8.
  • Sacrificial Vanguard provision changed from 15 to 16.
  • Donar an Hindar provision changed from 8 to 7.

Northern Realms:
  • Aretuza Adept ability changed to: Deploy: Gain Zeal if you control a Mage. Order (Ranged): Give 1 Charge to an allied unit. Cooldown: 1.
  • Carrobalista ability changed to: Deploy, Crew: Gain 2 Armor. Order (Ranged): Damage an enemy unit by 2.
  • Vicious Slash provision bonus changed from 15 to 16.
  • Pincer Maneuver provision bonus changed from 15 to 12.
  • Mobilization boost changed from 3 to 2.
  • Philippa: Blind Fury provision changed from 11 to 12.
  • Keira Metz provision changed from 10 to 9.
  • Odrin provision changed from 8 to 7.

Scoia'tael:
  • Added a new keyword - Spring to Trap cards and modified tooltips with it.
  • Deadeye Ambush ability changed to: Order: Spawn an Elven Deadeye in allied row. Charge: 3.
  • Yaevinn ability changed to: Damage an enemy unit by the number of Elf units in this row.
  • Barclay Els ability changed to: Boost an allied unit by the number of Dwarf units in this row.
  • Treant Boar ability changed: Deploy: Gain Zeal if you control a Dryad.
  • Order: (Melee): Move Treant Boar to the other row and Heal it.
  • Order: (Ranged): Move Treant Boar to the other row and damage an enemy unit by 2. Cooldown: 1.
  • Mystic Echo provision bonus changed from 13 to 12.
  • Call of Harmony provision bonus changed from 16 to 15.
  • Pitfall trap provision changed from 7 to 6.
  • Etriel provision changed from 7 to 8.
  • Muirlega provision changed from 7 to 8.
  • Weeping Willow power changed from 6 to 5.
  • Dol Blathanna Bowman provision changed from 5 to 4.
  • Feign Death provision changed from 12 to 13.

Nilfgaard:
  • False Ciri ability changed to: Deploy (Melee): Move an enemy unit to the other row. Deploy (Ranged): Boost an Agent by 3.
  • Enslave provision bonus changed from 16 to 15.
  • Double Cross provision bonus changed from 16 to 17.
  • Serrit provision changed from 8 to 7.
  • Albrich power changed from 3 to 4.
  • Trahearn Var Vdyffir power changed from 4 to 3.
  • Trahearn Var Vdyffir provision changed from 8 to 6.
  • Van Moorlehem's Cupbearer power changed from 6 to 5.
  • Vincent Van Moorlehem power changed from 6 to 5.

Syndicate:
  • Insanity keyword now properly mentions how it works.
  • Congregate ability changed to: Order: Spawn a Firesworm Zealot in an allied row and gain 1 Coin. Charge: 3.
  • Blood Money damage changed from 7 to 8.
  • Jackpot provision bonus changed from 15 to 16.
  • Off the Books provision bonus changed from 15 to 16.
  • Wild Card provision bonus changed from 15 to 14.
  • Passiflora ability changed to: Scenario: Progress whenever you play a Blindeye.
  • Prologue: Spawn Sly Seductress in this row.
  • Chapter 1: Spawn Passiflora Peaches in this row.
  • Chapter 2: Gain 6 Coins.
  • Passiflora provision changed from 12 to 14.
  • Tunnel Drill ability changed to: Profit 1. Fee 3: Damage an enemy unit by 1. Increase damage by 1 for each adjacent Crownsplitter.
  • Hammond ability changed to: Deploy: Move an enemy unit to the other row and give it Bleeding (2). Increase Bleeding by 1 for each adjacent Pirate.
  • Novigradian Justice ability changed to: Spawn a Cleaver's Muscle in your melee row and play a bronze Dwarf from your deck.
  • Novigradian Justice provision changed from 12 to 10.
  • Excommunication ability changed to: Banish an allied unit, then play the top card from your deck. If target was a Firesworn, look at top 3 cards from your deck and play 1 instead.
  • Eventide Plunder ability changed to: Gain 4 Coins. If enemy controls an artifact, gain 6 Coins instead.
  • Procession of Penance ability changed to: Deploy: Damage self by 10. Reduce the damage by 2 for every Firesworn Zealot you control.
  • Procession of Penance power changed from 10 to 12."
  • Temple Guard power changed from 2 to 3.
  • Whoreson Senior provision changed from 10 to 8.
  • Sigi Reuven provision changed from 13 to 12.
  • Collusion provision changed from 12 to 11.
  • Arena Ghoul Tribute cost changed from 2 to 1.
  • Congregation provision changed from 5 to 4.
  • Fisstech Trafficker Coins changed from 2 to 3.

So the changes to losing ranks at season end was postponed by a month? :think:

An undocumented, minor change: the animation when unlocking a node in the Reward Book is fancier and more noticeable now. :p

Imlerith:
Your thoughts on Imleriths new ability ? Especially dominance. How is it usefull in a mirror match if your opponenent controls the highest unit ? It might be good for the person who already has the highest unit, but this person already has a significant advantage. Hence Imleriths ability under these circumstances only amplifies what already seems to be a certain victory. Useless mechanic realy.

Should be more like: Set a hostile unit to 7. Dominance: set any unit to 7.
This way you can regain dominance if you dont have it. Or if you already have dominance, you can buff your units. Much more reasonable.
WTF are these changes ??

Gaunter O Dim
Same provision as Maraal. Only still the shittiest card compared to Maraal. You can purify doomed or kill Gaunter. Thats it, it is countered. With Maraal: You can kill Maraal, the unit is gone, you can purify the unit, the unit is gone. The unit is GONE ! 10 provisions, both cards, WTF ?

Im starting to doubt the developers ability to make any meaningfull changes. Some are good, but some are just not thought through at all.

Wild hunt rework:
Lazy and boring design. Not an Archetype. Not creative at all.
For a proper rework, you need to rework all wild hunt cards. Caranthir, Ga'els. Navigators etc.
Caranthir could spawn wild hunt warriors or something, while Gaels could amplify the power of the warriors. Navigators could play wild-hunt unit from the deck, or create and play just like 'Diplomacy' however with a reduced RNG element by the number of wild hunt units present. As example Navigators could create a 4 prov wild hunt, or 6 provision wild-hunt unit, if you already control 3 wild hunt units on board. Just anything IMAGINATIVE than boost a unit, damage a unit.
You could amplify the effect by the presence of biting frost etc. This way Avallach can be more syngeristic inclusion. This way you also reintroduce 'weather' as a core mechanic for a SINGLE Archetype. Comeon!

Good changes atleast: Provision buffs to unplayed discard package.

If Developers are uncertain of how to rework some cards, as it was mentioned in the previous stream. Why not try and Involve community in the decision process. This one-way communication is not the way to go. All members of developement team need to get out of their comfort zones, create topics, and discuss their ideas with the community for feedback.

You are planning on releasing several expansions. Why not release just a few EXTRAORDINARY expansions, with the aid of this community. Make the Game popular through great design, and not the quanity of cards.

Last edited:
I've one mere suggestion. As monsters main (maybe that's my bias) that some monsters shouldn't die by two ticks of poison or should only die by gold card poison. E.g Kayran, some dragons and Gold powerful lore monsters shouldn't be this easy to die. That's why there are witchers are for or some other vulnerabilities. Or make some monsters immune or thrive on poison but vulnerable to fire/damage or witchers/bounty hunters etc.

Still I love how you guys are working for this game! It's practically community service. Thankyou for making Gwent great.

Guest 4368268

Well, seeing all the changes listed like this it's still as underwhelming as it was yesterday.
I appreciate the quantity of changes but in terms of quality.. meh.
As I mentioned in a previous post, cards like a-rush/epidemic get removed because "their points ceiling scare us" even though they see virtually zero play (let alone as a two-of) and cards like bribery and Yennefer Invo and Falibor etc. remain untouched. I can't wrap my head around it honestly.

Also Jason asked: "I don't know what you expected us to do with poison.." we expected you to rework it. You don't have to spoil us with expansions every other month but when the game has broken mechanics such as poison reworking it ought to be a priority in my opinion. When you talk about a 'scary value ceiling' there is no more glaring example of it than Fangs of the Empire.

Enraged Ifrit and Ciri Nova are the go-to examples people have to describe extraneous cards and yet they'll keep their abilities as is. For gold cards particularly I just think that's a terrible thing. A neutral bronze card may have a boring ability, but high provision golds should be about more than '2 deal 5' '3 deal 4' '4 deal 4' in my opinion.

To end on a positive note, I really like what they've done with the Imlerith combination, even though its dominance ability is a little strange to say the least. It's also good to see some cards like Dudu and skellige storm that you never really see but have cool abilities get some provision love. I'll personally be sitting out this season because ranked play hasn't interested me for a very long time and this patch certainly doesn't change that. Also this month's seasonal from the look of it is a strange and disappointing one.

I really thought they would make atleast some cards more interesting. All we get is boost/damage. Well we all complained about midwinter but back then they really released cards with interesting combos...

Technically, it could be said Yennefer's Invocation is not artifact removal because it doesn't destroy an artifact. It just steals one. But, I get the point of the complaints.

I'll wait for Witcher Tales 2, because Gwent is dead for me.
The Devs really lost the touch in make the game enjoyable.
NR Pincer Maneuver was highly nerfed, NG Poison madness still running free, SC ME parade still fine, MO got crap "boost" on Wild Hunt archetype -whattajoke-, SY and SK got some minor love...

Is frustrating that Vincent Van Moorlehem and his Cupbearer got just a minor feasible nerf. Is outrageous that his ability to destroy an unit with effect still applying on Defender, Shielded and self status cards. His deploy effect should have changed to apply just on units that the player used a effect. I.E: First he uses something to block, poison and them can use VVM.
  • Van Moorlehem's Cupbearer power changed from 6 to 5.
  • Vincent Van Moorlehem power changed from 6 to 5

Scenarios still overpower, before it the game was good. MoO is a total lazyness game model.

Such a horrible patch...

Hmm, a lot of good changes but a bit underwhelming after 2 months. Sorry, I'm just not sure the state of the game is gonna change much.
A lot of changes are good though, the neutral adjustments are fine, but wtf are you supposed to do with clear skies now that thaw is just a better one?
I actually like the Gaunter/Maraal balance. Yes, Maraal has more synergy with poison, but you can also use Gaunter with zeal for instant banish, which is better than kill.
Scenarios will still be super strong, even without caretaker. Defenders untouched (I don't want them reworked, I think a decrease in strength would be enough).

MO: Keltullis nerf unnecessary.
SK: good for reckless fury but Onslaught?
NR: Pincer Maneuver good but still unrestricted. Mobilization didn't need a nerf. Philippa nerfed one provision may not be enough and Falibor untouched. Keira absolutely did not need a boost.
ST: not much to say, let's see but Harmony will still be over the top.
NG: Good direction but not enough. Vincent power changed does not change the cards value at all.

My biggest concern is SY. Was that supposed to be a buff to the faction?
Ok, Passiflora may be playable now but chapter 3 was better (5 coins + redraw rather than 6 coins). But the rest?
I like the gang specific bonuses but... Tunnel Drill is dead(er): you need a tough set up (unless using novigradian justice) to get a 1/1 coin/damage ratio, which bronzes and Borsodi already have, possibly with more profit. It should be 'fee 3: damage by 2 + 1 for each crownsplitter', so that yes, it is initially less but can be more.
Novigradian Justice is useless in SY, even more than before. Now just good in ST. Make it a bronze crownsplitter rather than dwarf, at least it'll help the gang.
Collusion still too expensive considering the set up, especially with the incentive to use same gangs/tags now.
Swindle useless. Should be 4-6. Eventide plunder also kinda useless although slightly better. I'd rather have 4 coins and give poison or 3 coins and give bounty.

So overall: NR and ST will still play the same almost exact decks. NG poison hit but still viable (that's good). MO and SK welcomed changes but nothing crazy or innovative. SY not really changed.

NR Still play the same ? Is that a Joke ?
They got nerfed by 4 to 6 provisions, which means that now they have to play at least one Gold less per deck, most probably 2 less Golds. This is a huge nerf and also an indirect buff to Harmony since NR was one of the few decks that could counter effectively harmony.
I fully agree that some changes are really weird. Sometimes i wonder even if the Devs play the same game as us, but NR took a major hit this patch and i don't expect them to be tiers1 anymore.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I've tried the new Wild Hunt package. Its nice that MO finally has some passive engines with the new WH Hound, and the new Imlerith is really nice, suits my playstyle because i dont like using big units, so getting 14 pts on 2 bodies is really good and if im not mistaken, there isnt a single play on an empty board (excluding leader uses and RNG) that can catch up to it in 1 turn.

Still weird that there's so few WH units, and one of them - Ge'els - doesnt even fit with the rest at all.

However, ive already faced NG Poisons and NR Sieges, and its the same BS as before. Maybe not exactly the same, but that only proves how broken and OP they were before, since even after nerfs they are STILL stronger than almost everything else.

This patch made some terrible cards and bad decks go into 'average' territory (like wild hunt and discard) but the top tier crap will remain the same with just a few adjustments.

P.S. - leaving scenarios, in particular NR and NG ones, untouched is absurd, i wonder how long we will have to put up with that BS.

Anyone else on iOS missing all their cards? Most of my cards are gone and I have no reimbursed scraps.

Top Bottom