A suggestion for the game: Allow bookmarking cards in the library

+
There's just so many cards in the library that it's a PITA to read through them all to find cards that you like, are good value or will have good synergy with your favourite deck.

I'd like to see:

1) Having an ability to tag cards that you like, to either create for the library or include in your deck.
2) The game being able to inform you of any new cards that you might not be aware of since you last bookmarked cards.
3) Being able to switch between viewing all the cards available and your bookmarked cardss and all the new cards since you last bookmarked cards in the library.

I can understand why people might just want to cut/copy decks if they don't fancy reading through every single card's ability and scrolling the entire list. Personally, I find that a pain, so some improvements to this aspect of the game would be appreciated.

Already suggested that eons ago. :ok: Unfortunately, it looks like it's still not going to be implemented.

Oh well, that's that then. How many pages back was that thread? I won't be looked down on for not having looked back that far? Not sure how long you were playing before you thought of that idea but it only took me a few weeks. Do a lot of people suggest this? I'd think so but maybe I'm just one of the few people who are annoyed by the lack of this feature.

Already suggested that eons ago. :ok: Unfortunately, it looks like it's still not going to be implemented.

Well, I'm by no means a veteran or someone who has played the whole time since launch, but I pretty much know every card in my collection, more or less. I think everyone with "some" experience will have the same kind of overview of cards and what they do, despite changes and new cards.

It wouldn't hurt to be able to mark favourite cards, but I doubt it is necessary function.

Well, I'm by no means a veteran or someone who has played the whole time since launch, but I pretty much know every card in my collection, more or less. I think everyone with "some" experience will have the same kind of overview of cards and what they do, despite changes and new cards.

It wouldn't hurt to be able to mark favourite cards, but I doubt it is necessary function.

Today I wasted some turns playing cards that did not work. E.g. I played a spying unit...that turned out not to be able to copy the enemy unit for your side. It's just not clear what the Hell Bronze units are...I know what they are, low power units, but where do you draw the line? They should make it clearer, like low power units having a red border and more powerful units having a blue border. Visually, it would be clearer. And didn't they get rid of Silver cards?

I'm still baffled as to how exactly Harmony works or some Ske units.

Personally, I find the whole scrolling list of cards available 'too much'. Not everybody has photographic memory.

Well, it's not about photographic memory, it is simply a matter of experience and getting to know the game well. From the beginning it takes longer, you need to read the cards both when you put together a deck and when you play a game. It's normal. But over time you get more of an idea what cards do, especially your own and those you have used, but also those that opponents play more regularly than other cards.

They actually have various "categories" for cards in the game, and these are becoming more consistent. It would be nice to be able to filter the cards in the deckbuilder based on those. I mean, like "human" or "beast" or whatever as a prime catagory and second category like "agent" or "mage" or whatever.

The deckbuilder sure could stand a few improvements to make it more convenient to use. I even made a thread about it regarding management of decks. Adding double category filters to the "search area" would also be helpful, and possibly marking favourite cards or being able to add notes to cards.

I'm somewhat experienced and I know what most cards do and how they work, but I still have to read and double check sometimes, and browsing the cards could be more convenient (categories filter). But I'm quite amazed by the pro rank players and the real veterans, they seem to know every single card by heart, and even their previous versions and any changes etc.

Experience is relevant.

I'm somewhat experienced and I know what most cards do and how they work, but I still have to read and double check sometimes, and browsing the cards could be more convenient (categories filter). But I'm quite amazed by the pro rank players and the real veterans, they seem to know every single card by heart, and even their previous versions and any changes etc.

Experience is relevant.

Since I played Nor as my main faction after going on a losing streak with Mon, I'm reasonably familiar with its cards now and I'm sure to not place units in the ranged row unless I have to. Recently that knowledge hasn't been reflected in some of the Nor decks that I've played. I.e. the damage dealing units of Nor which are placed in their ranged row haven't been used against me, much, I don't think. I get the impression that it has some new cards there too. E.g. that annoying woman who deals 4,3,2,1 damage. Found cards like that in Nor to be OP against my Nil poison deck. Scenario hasn't helped either.

How do you know the cards so well? I've mentioned on these forums that I think that it would be a good idea to have what MTG had when I played it: the ability to play against AI with another of your decks, so you can see how the factions are cards play out and learn from that. Haven't done Training for weeks on GWENT. It's just stuck on the one deck for the AI. Useless.

Well. We can use the example of you, me and the veteran. A bit experience, somewhat experienced and alot of experience.

There is an experience progression. I don't know exactly what you know and not, but by your own words it seems you are somewhat familiar with some cards, familiar with some faction cards. I'm quite familiar with ALL cards of all factions. Veterans are familiar with pretty much all cards by heart and all changes. So, I think with experience this type of progression is normal, ofcourse with some exceptions.

I agree on the training and the AI, it's terrible.

Well, it's not about photographic memory, it is simply a matter of experience and getting to know the game well

I just wanted to return for a moment to your earlier reply, which I inserted in this reply, now. Your reply sidestepped the point that I was making, namely, that if you want to unlock a card from the entire list by crafting it or just pick out one to include in your deck, it's a real hassle to deal with the entire list. Even if I knew the cards better than I do, it wouldn't help me much, I don't think. Sometimes I forget which faction a card that I am interested in is from, or what power or provision cost it is. Sure, I could make notes on this...but that is why I suggested a feature to bookmark cards that I am interested in acquiring or crafting. I don't like that CDPR has outsourced this hassle to me. It can easily be handed by the app by implementing my suggestion.

Since the Training feature is useless, I am absolutely baffled by how some cards or units work. E.g. my bugbear of the moment, the OP Harmony mechanic. That pretty much kills my 'too much poison is barely enough poison' strategy with Nil. Having clearer explanations on the cards about what they do would be good or just not doing mystical mechanics which aren't intuitive. If you do want to get really into the game and all that sort of stuff, then, like I said in another thread of mine (if it wasn't merged, which might be unlikely), allow players to set a filter on how they want to play. E.g. I might want to limit myself and my opponents to just playing the introductory factions cards. I really don't want to get on the treadmill of needing to constantly keep up with the meta to have good games.

Today was a better day for me, re my win/loss ratio. Last time here my mosaic went from about having 3 pieces on it to none, I think. I think that I'm back up to 2 or 3 pieces completed.

When I have days like I did the last time I posted here, I interpret the loading screen for matches in this way:

"Searching for a worthy rival" = Searching for an opponent who will make your deck uncompetitive.

"Ah! This should prove interesting" = FFS. This is going to be extremely boring or make me rage-quit.

I just wanted to return for a moment to your earlier reply, which I inserted in this reply, now. Your reply sidestepped the point that I was making, namely, that if you want to unlock a card from the entire list by crafting it or just pick out one to include in your deck, it's a real hassle to deal with the entire list. Even if I knew the cards better than I do, it wouldn't help me much, I don't think. Sometimes I forget which faction a card that I am interested in is from, or what power or provision cost it is.

Well, first of all, there are filters. These could be better and add "category 1 & 2" as well to further narrow things down. I think in your situation, it is easier to know that based on the faction you select, only cards that can be used with that faction will be shown. Furthermore you can filter to only show the cards you own (or not own) && "unit/special/artifact" cards at the same time.

I think this would greatly narrow things down if you have some idea what you are looking for.

But in addition, I think it would be useful if they added filters for "category 1 & 2", meaning you can also narrow it down to "human" or any alternative && subtype "soldier" or any alternative.

But sure, in improving the deck builder which I think CDPR need to think about, they could also allow you to tag certain cards and maybe even add your own notes to them.

I made a thread about improving the deck builder too, specifically deck management/list:

I think all these suggestions are worth considering in improving the deck builder, and I think improving the deck builder is much overdue.

Top Bottom