[mod] Flaming sword icon on hard

+
[mod] Flaming sword icon on hard

I played the Witcher in 'easy' mode and found the monsters too easy to beat. For a better challenge, I tried the hard mode but I found it frustrating; not because of the tougher monsters but because the lack of the 'flaming sword' icon made it difficult to string together combos. Now I like the challenge of tougher enemies but I also like the convenience of the flaming sword icon for combat. So I have a humble request: could someone create a modifier that makes the flaming sword available for medium and hard modes as well?

Here you go. Place these files from zip archive into The Witcher\DATA\Scripts folder.Btw. flamesword icon is present on medium difficulty by default. Only hard difficulty has the icon turned off.

thanks for this. im using it as well. what changes were made in the difficulty file? was it just the addition of the last line pointing to hard mode having a flame icon??? just wondering cause id like to throw it in the override folder if thats possible, since its the only mod im running that is not

There are no changes in difficulty file. It's additional script added to the game and new entry in existing script so the game know it must read new file.

oh, i c. just that the mod included a hard mode flaming sword script file, and a replacement wgsdefs.lua file. just wanted to know what the change in that file was, if any, in case id like to remove the flaming sword for re-added difficulty

Umm i know this is old but how do I download this mod? Am I blind or there is no option to download ZIP file with this mod :/

Am I blind or there is no option to download ZIP file with this mod :/
The thread is over a decade old, and looks like whatever attachment once was in that post has been lost to the ages (or forum redesigns between then and now).

Top Bottom