[Suggestion] Rework "hide all player's names" into an optional feature to "hide my own player name"

+
Hey all,

i don't know about you, but I had enough of the constant wailing in many Gwent streams about the latest UI change, i.e. the hidden names. How about this simple tweak: Rework the feature of "hide all player names in pro rank" into an OPTiONAL feature of "hide my own player name in pro rank". Let's have a look
  1. If I'am a streamer or top rank player prone to sniping I might want to chose the option to hide my name... sniping protection online.
  2. On the other hand if I decide, that I do not care about such problems or just because for the fun of it, then I might want to opt-out of the feature. The choice (2) implies of course that I won't be protected against sniping, which I didn't care about in the first place or chose to neglect for the fun of it (see above).
Result: Even if I chose to show my name, I can't snipe somebody who does care not to be sniped.

Thx and have fun

Last edited:
Lol I think it was the best decision of all.
And they should check every streamer/pro who especially does not like it.

They said it on the stream: stream sniping prevention was listed as a reason.

Prevention of stream sniping - I understand.

However, I fail to understand how optionally hidden player names would violate that goal! Lets think it trough together @Draconifors.
(I) If I'am a streamer or top rank player prone to sniping I might want to chose the option to hide my name... sniping protection online.
(II) On the other hand if I decide, that I do not care about such problems or just because for the fun of it, then I might want to opt-out of the feature. The choice (II) implies of course that I won't be protected against sniping, which I didn't care about in the first place or chose to neglect for the fun of it (see above).

Result: I can't snipe somebody who does care not to be sniped, even if I chose to show my name. Maybe I should have elaborated this in the original post...

I think it is more interesting in the new way, as if after winning you open a box "to see who I just killed" :beer:

I think it is more interesting in the new way, as if after winning you open a box "to see who I just killed" :beer:

I believe you. For you the current system is more interesting, and it would continue to do so if your opponent checks the "hide-my-own-name" option as proposed by this post. Moreover, however, the feature would also satisfy players, who liked the old system more as their default preference.
Again, the proposed feature combines both the old and the new system, because you simply chose to use it or not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom