Adalbertus Kalkstein Counters my Deck

+
Adalbertus Kalkstein and Yennefer's Invocation are "I win" cards.

I play a Poison deck with Nil and these units just deprive me of the chance to win a match because I can't remove units from my opponent or I lose Damien de La Tour...and my opponent gains him.

Anyone else complained about these cards? I haven't really played Syn much at all, myself, and I don't play that Nil faction card which steals other player's cards. I'm above that.

Moderator's note: Updated the topic to include the proper name of the cards. Also, Yennefer's Invocation already has her own thread. So, let's keep this thread focused on Kalkstein. - 4RM3D

Last edited by a moderator:
Above that? Those kind of tactics enrich the game. But I guess you just expect to play your "best cards" without any consequence or danger?

You may be referring to "enslave"? With Vigos Muzzle and Sweers? And Yennefers Invocation.. Not overpowered or unfair cards.

DRK3

Forum veteran
The OP should really stop creating threads complaining about 'card X' everytime he finds out about a new card played against him.

It's ridiculous to say to say SY Kalkstein is OP, specially from a new, NG Poison player.
Regarding Yen's Invocation, your definitely not the first (nor the last) to complain:

...that Nilfgaard (I think) sorcery (or whatever) card which allows the player to destroy or move a card of yours to the top of their deck are "I win" cards.

I play a Poison deck with Nil and these units just deprive me of the chance to win a match because I can't remove units from my opponent or I lose Damien de La Tour...and my opponent gains him.

Anyone else complained about these cards? I haven't really played Syn much at all, myself, and I don't play that Nil faction card which steals other player's cards. I'm above that.
You have to learn the cards and the matchups and how to play around certain cards. This takes time. Play and learn. That's the way you will be a better player. And the factions please: MO, NR, NG, SK, SC, SY.

its only 5 power and its ability is just a purify and cost 2 coins everytime? whats op about it? its underpowered, something as basic as alzurs thunder would kill it insantly. or just poison it twice or lock it or kill it with a unit effect???................. pretty much anything would kill that card and its a waste of 7 provisions.

DRK3

Forum veteran
its only 5 power and its ability is just a purify and cost 2 coins everytime? whats op about it? its underpowered, something as basic as alzurs thunder would kill it insantly. or just poison it twice or lock it or kill it with a unit effect???................. pretty much anything would kill that card and its a waste of 7 provisions.

I dont consider Kalkstein bad, i use it on most of my SY decks, but to purify enemy defenders mostly, and if there arent, he still provides 2 extra coins. But against Poison, he's not that good because poison players dont poison several units then finish them off, they poison a unit then finish it off, then move to the next.

yes they just poison your defender if you have one then if you purify it youve done their job for them lol, or they just poison the purifier and they cant purify themselves, i dont know why its taking so long for people to realise just how stupid poison is.

Top Bottom