BOTs For MultiPlayer!

+
Seems like an obvious cash grab to keep things running after CP2077 release. Expect mtx
If it's littered with microtransactions I'll agree.
If it's a "buy it and pay a set fee for server access" I'll assume it's CDPR experimenting with what they can do to break into the MP market.

Either way it's doubtful I'll get/play MP, it's just not my thing.

I'm betting it'll just be like the shadowrun reboot. PvP with "roles" as skillsets and "moves". CP2077 looks pretty basic as far as shooters, that's what you're going to get with multiplayer. I'd be shocked if it was a story driven co-op style, otherwise they would be advertising the shit out of that. Seems like an obvious cash grab to keep things running after CP2077 release. Expect mtx

Slow motion is basic shooter? Especially from the combat gameplay video, they used it to get close to enemies instead of stationary stuff. Doubt how they are gonna make slow motion work in PVP. For me Cyberpunk doesnt look basic, seems like they try to mix action and slow motion together.

Slow motion combat kinda hitns at some arena PVE style stuff.

Last edited:
Slow motion is basic shooter? Especially from the combat gameplay video, they used it to get close to enemies instead of stationary stuff. Doubt how they are gonna make slow motion work in PVP. For me Cyberpunk doesnt look basic, seems like they try to mix action and slow motion together.

I seriously doubt the slo-mo will be in the multi-player, WAY WAY to many potential problems.

That's absolutely one of the most basic crutch mechanics in shooters. It's "easy mode" for shooters and covers up bad balance and AI. It's been around forever and is commonplace in bad shooters. They won't do slow motion in PvP. It's been done, terribly, in the past and hasn't been a thing for a long time.

I seriously doubt the slo-mo will be in the multi-player, WAY WAY to many potential problems.

I don't remember the exact game but it was mid 2000's, "tactical" future shooter and it was awful. Slowed time for anyone in your range and was annoying as hell. Super easy to abuse.

your points are all valid (except the combat, you admit as well is not innovative) but I don't qualify them as innovatve. We'll agree to disagree.

Well, I will (shockingly, I know) say that TW3 is not my favorite combat system of all-time. :p It was an "innovation" on the other games in the series, at least. I do have to concede that it wasn't anything we hadn't seen in any number of other Action RPGs or Brawlers. Fair enough.

I don't remember the exact game but it was mid 2000's, "tactical" future shooter and it was awful. Slowed time for anyone in your range and was annoying as hell. Super easy to abuse.
Max payne 3 had bullet time in MP as well, every player who was in a certain area of influence got slowed down when someone used it.

I would also vote no slow-mo in MP. The only way I've ever seen it implemented "well (-enough)" was the following system:

1.) Any player could trigger the bullettime. The effect was universal. (Not just in an area of effect -- it was over the whole map.)

2.) If I triggered it, I would remain "mobile": everything would slow down around me, but I would be moving at the same pace.

3.) If someone else triggered it, my movement speed and mouse sensitivity would suddenly plummet. I'd inherently watch my death coming at me in slow motion...

4.) ...or I'd just trigger my own bullettime...and I would regain "normal" movement and mouse sensitivity.

So, in the end, while it would be cool the first few times it happened, in execution, it was basically useless except for very particular circumstances when someone knew the other player's "energy bar" was depleted. At that point, it was basically an exploit, because there was nothing the slowed players could reasonably do. Mostly, it involved everyone in the match triggering it at the same time. It was just the normal shooting...except all of the bullets and environmental effects were now slow. :rolleyes:

I remember people would try to saturate certain areas with bullets by firing "in lead", sort of "herding" enemy players by laying down a wall of slow-mo bullets. But that would most often result in people just positioning between bullet clusters and reloading their guns before the effect wore off.

It would look cool, waste ammo, and basically accomplish nothing. Yeah...it just doesn't really work.

(I also can not remember what game this was.)

Just to make it clear: I'm not in favor or against MP bullet time. I was just citing an exemple.

In general, I'm 99% against MP itself. :ROFLMAO: (meaning I won't play it, not that CDPR shouldn't make it at all)

That's absolutely one of the most basic crutch mechanics in shooters. It's "easy mode" for shooters and covers up bad balance and AI. It's been around forever and is commonplace in bad shooters. They won't do slow motion in PvP. It's been done, terribly, in the past and hasn't been a thing for a long time.

I see lots of cool stuff you can make with slow motion especially if used as crowd-control, avoid death etc. Definitely nothing easy.

I forgot CP2077 had MP! I can't wait to see what the gameplay is like...hopefully some free roam with friends...

I can't quote messages form other users, strange

Anyway, Suhira, Cyberpunk 2077 will have Multiplayer

Multplayer requires multiple players at once simoultaneously connected to each other or to the same server to be able to play

if there are no enough players at that exact time and difficulty/challenge,/mission/etc, etc, you can't play

so, it would be very awesome to have bots, to be able to play or at least start the game until other players join the game

bots for the team and bots for the enemy team
or if it is cooperative only, bots for the friendly team against enemy AI.

a game with bots lives forever

C y b e r p u n k 2 0 7 7 f o r e v e r
Post automatically merged:

Everyone is missing the point

You select character, diffulty/mission, click/hit Play and you start
no need to wait forever for matchmaking, and then "error, no players found" and search again and again,

with bots, you hit play and you start, and other players can join right away

I live in a region that there are no players for most of MP games.

There is only win here, only advantages, no disadvantages whatsoever for anybodoy, so there is no sense to be against bots

if you write/speak against bots you write/speak against players who just want to play this game

It is confirmed that Multiplayer will be added to the game year/s after release.

:cool:

Last edited:
Seems like an obvious cash grab to keep things running after CP2077 release. Expect mtx
any long running online game has recurring expenses. server maintenance, bandwidth, network administrator salary etc. So it has to make money some way to pay for these things but doesnt mean that any micro transactions will be predatory or major benifit if buy or penalty for not buying them especially given cdprs history of making sure we get full value for anything we pay them

Top Bottom