The sheer scale of Night City

+
There's even a dam on the right which we can also find on the map we got, though positioned differently.

Mmm, haven’t thought of that, you might be right :think: But it could actually be just some big, brutalist-ish building, who knows?

Look how close the center and the mega buildings are.

For me that’s actually what makes this art seem more believable, so to speak, especially if you compare it to the (perceived) size of the map.

And where do you see a dam?

Look at the structure behind the rightmost megabuilding. But, as I said, it could be something else as well.

If this concept piece represents any part of the city my bet is on Watson.

The industrial part is too small for this to be Santo Domingo and the "dam" would be in the middle of the city with sky scrappers right behind it makes absolutely no sense.

1582613968176.png

1582613997930.png

1582614028056.png

i just hope the city is really big
I just hope it doesn't feel like there isn't much to do in it. I guess the story will be engaging and will take you through various map areas, but I really hope there aren't large spots of the map with nothing on the side (as in not part of the main quests/story) to do in them.

That's because the concept art is showing Santo Domingo, not Watson. Santo Domingo is an industrial part of the city....

Right, didnt know that. You could still imagine all kind of ads are everywhere due to Corps. Ive always imagined Night City to be one big Las Vegas.

Last edited:
[...] the "dam" would be in the middle of the city with sky scrappers right behind it makes absolutely no sense.

I know it looks and sounds absurd to have a dam inside an urban environment but, judging by the map layout (check the amphitheater-shaped structure near the southeast corner of the map), there's a possibility that the dam is located in an area where long ago there was little to no urban development, and now because of the events of the Time of the Red it's probably either no longer operational or repurposed for something else (housing, other industry, etc.)

Just a theory, of course.

Last edited:
Speak for yourself, I think if triple A games can offer 60 hour of content for 60 bucks thats a good deal. Its 1 hour of entertainment for 1 buck. Much better than Movie industry can offer for example.

Eh? You're pretty much agreeing with me but saying I shouldn't speak for you? 60 hours is a very long game, when did I say it wasn't? I'm not gonna come down like a ton of bricks on CDPR if the game lasts 60 hours. However, assuming I love the game and am enjoying playing it, why wouldn't I want it to last even longer?

If you think the ratio should be $1, one-hour, then you must be awfully disappointed in a fair few AAA games ;) Mind you, you also say 42 hours works so I'm not sure what you're actually getting at.

Personally, I don't think about the money/hours ratio, that's a bizarre way to quantify a games worth, imho. Games just don't work that way for me.

Anyway, you seem to have misunderstood the sentiment behind my comment. All I was saying is that this game is so highly anticipated, and comes from the devs of W3 that lasted up to 150 hours, that I'd imagine people are hoping this particular game will last an unusually long time. Assuming we're having a blast playing it, that is. Given the map should be a bustling city with many levels and interiors (that is the topic after all), I don't see why a possibly smaller 'footprint', compared to W3, would be a limiting factor to overall play-length. That's all I was trying to say.

Also, you might have 'rushed' through RDR2 but what's that got to do with anything? In fact, I'm not sure why you think Rockstar thinks the same as you, hehe. They literally made a game that is slow paced and simulation like, one that lasts around 80 hours and can easily go over 100 if you're trying to complete every single little thing. I'm not sure in what sense they are on your wavelength?

I don't agree that CPDR should try to 'match' Rockstar; they have different gameplay priorities and identity.

Having said that, if you want to rush through the main campaign in 40ish hours like you did in RDR2, then I'd imagine you'll be able to do that. As big as W3 was, you could go through the main campaign in around 50 hours. I'm sure when CP2077 comes out, you'll be relieved to find that you can happily minimise the amount of time you spend playing the game you bought, if that's how you like things :) It's all good.

Last edited:
2.Morro Bay 2D Snapshot.jpg
3.Morro Bay 3D Snapshot.jpg
6. Night City 2D Snapshot No Water.jpg
7.  Night City 3D Snapshot No Water.jpg
It's close to 1:1 with real world in my opinion (Morro Bay), map is 32 sq.km - I don't think it scaled down, doesn't make sense, it's not large area. Also it makes sense with gameplay video, you can see mountains, hills behind Westtbrook, channels around Westbrook matching real world rivers. V is driving route close to existing 12 Main St., Morro Bay. https://www.google.pl/maps/@35.3469...4!1snfwZWmKHVmKEjSpAskkelQ!2e0!7i13312!8i66562.Morro Bay 2D Snapshot.jpg3.Morro Bay 3D Snapshot.jpg6. Night City 2D Snapshot No Water.jpg7.  Night City 3D Snapshot No Water.jpg
Edit: also gamplay has markers, with distances, on these maps distance from place when V stops driving after being chased to Mealstorm hideout is similar : around 700-800 m, just like in game

Last edited:
1:1 with real world in my opinion (Morro Bay), map is 32 sq.km - I don't think it scaled down, doesn't make sense, it's not large area. Also it makes sense with gameplay video, you can see mountains, hills behind Westtbrook, channels around Westbrook matching real world rivers. V is driving route close to existing 12 Main St., Morro Bay.
Someone else seeing it my way! I'm not alone! https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...-of-night-city.10982168/page-18#post-11793200 I did a layover with the metro map too for my best guess.

Night City 3 (2).png

Last edited:
Someone else seeing it my way! I'm not alone! https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...-of-night-city.10982168/page-18#post-11793200 I did a layover with the metro map too for my best guess.
I didn't know about your map, so that makes it even stronger, read whole thread after posting, glad I'm not only one to see it.

I think map will be a little big bigger, south: mountains are natural barrier, north is kinda same and Morro Rock is outside both our maps, and it was said Morro Rock will be in game - it would weird move to not include this place.

BUT also they could reshape a little bit existing place -move places, make some parts bigger/smaller than in real world, you never know. For example we don't know if maps are not rotated, I think they are not 100% correct ,proportions etc . Still, Watson/Westbrook areas looking like placed in real world. Behind Westbrook you can see serpentine roads - obvious mountains/hills behind it.
I think metro map is more scheme than some "map". Also I have few more shots:
Map with water on:
4. Morro Bay Night City 2D Snapshot.jpg

Blue is supposed to be area of Velen and Novigrad from Witcher 3 - 70 sq. kms - not sure if it is true, but here I compared them:
8. Morro Bay Night City 2D Snapshot Blue Area (Velen+Novigrad).jpg

9. Morro Bay Night City 3D Snapshot  Blue Area (Velen+Novigrad).jpg

City Center
10.City Center Area 2D Snapshot.jpg
11.City Center Area 3D Snapshot.jpg

It can be bigger, it can be smaller, but I think it's pretty obvious it will be limited by mountains around it and city wil be rather close to ocean and not really deep into continent (city, not talking about Badlands).

You still believe in that map, eh?
Something along those lines is the only way I can merge the metro map with the deluxe map in a way that makes any sense. I understand the metro map was from 2018, but the world map design (along with the script) would have been the sorts of things they had a pretty good idea about already by that time.

Last edited:
The map from the subway artwork (the new wallpaper version), now on a slightly higher resolution:

[Source]

So, apparently the two expanded sections north and south of the city are “Airport Areas”. Two airports besides the Orbital Air one? (Assuming this map is the definitive thing and that I didn’t misread the labels :LOL:) Also, I can’t make out the new name of the Orbital Air island.

Last edited:
Some more stuff from Sideshow, keep in mind this COULD be just art and not representative of the actual city

1585761354570.png

a port with arasaka written multiple times so arasaka waterfront is a safe bet

1585761432216.png

not a damn clue but more arasaka logos

1585761635062.png

skyscrapers, a roundabout? corpo plaza,
gotta be

Last edited:
Not sure if it's been posted yet, but Derek B. on sketchup did an entire 3D model of Night City. Granted, it's not 100% perfect but it does give us a general idea of how big everything is in the game. Big thanks to @TheNeonArcade for showing this in his "Cyberpunk 2077 News - NEW Images, Romances, RTX 2080Ti & Cyberpunk Red Release Date!" video.

Capture.PNG

View attachment 11031506View attachment 11031509View attachment 11031512View attachment 11031515It's close to 1:1 with real world in my opinion (Morro Bay), map is 32 sq.km - I don't think it scaled down, doesn't make sense, it's not large area. Also it makes sense with gameplay video, you can see mountains, hills behind Westtbrook, channels around Westbrook matching real world rivers. V is driving route close to existing 12 Main St., Morro Bay. https://www.google.pl/maps/@35.3469...4!1snfwZWmKHVmKEjSpAskkelQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656View attachment 11031506View attachment 11031509View attachment 11031512View attachment 11031515
Edit: also gamplay has markers, with distances, on these maps distance from place when V stops driving after being chased to Mealstorm hideout is similar : around 700-800 m, just like in game

It seems that CP2077 will be the first game with 1:1 ratio map. But according to Mike salvaging of the nuked city centre uncovered the Morro Rock. And the real MR is safely beyond the limits of both 2020 and 2077 Night City :) Guess Mike had no access to GMaps in 1988 and might have not known about the Morro Rock... ;)

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but Derek B. on sketchup did an entire 3D model of Night City. Granted, it's not 100% perfect but it does give us a general idea of how big everything is in the game. Big thanks to @TheNeonArcade for showing this in his "Cyberpunk 2077 News - NEW Images, Romances, RTX 2080Ti & Cyberpunk Red Release Date!" video.

View attachment 11035772

Great work man!

I'm worried about the size of the map, but it's more important how well it's been used.
If we empty it like in usual SP games, it will be boring.
If it's repetative like in Division, then it's still boring.

The only way is to script it well and make some life-like random cycle of cleared locations re-habilited with good reason.
Don't believe me, I'm just a Game Designer.

View attachment 11031506View attachment 11031509View attachment 11031512View attachment 11031515It's close to 1:1 with real world in my opinion (Morro Bay), map is 32 sq.km - I don't think it scaled down, doesn't make sense, it's not large area. Also it makes sense with gameplay video, you can see mountains, hills behind Westtbrook, channels around Westbrook matching real world rivers. V is driving route close to existing 12 Main St., Morro Bay. https://www.google.pl/maps/@35.3469...4!1snfwZWmKHVmKEjSpAskkelQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656View attachment 11031506View attachment 11031509View attachment 11031512View attachment 11031515
I've been assuming that the game world will be fairly condensed, but I hope I'm wrong. It would be great if the world is large enough to make driving necessary, rather than just a fun activity.

Top Bottom