Some problematic cards of Gwent (from before and) as of and including Iron and incl some Ofir

+
SY is fine. I can't play right now because I'm at work, else I'd show you my deck. I'm rank 13 and when I play my SY deck, I can tell it shocks the crap out of people because it's nothing like what they're expecting. Off the top of my head.

2 Addicts
2 Street Urchins
2 Fisstech traffickers
2 Renegade Mages
2 Arena Ghouls
2 Hounds
Adriano
Pugo
Doadrick
Tinboy
Horst
Ewald
Phillipa
Imke
The one that blocks damage against the unit on the left. (this card is amazing...steal a defender from NG or NR with Phillipa and you're practically invincible on that row)
The dwarf that gives you resiliance for 5.
The gnome that gives you 6 coins after 3 turns.
The one neutral that poisons/order poisons)

Some other cards I'm likely forgetting. This deck is amazingly fun. I freaking put down an addict turn 1 and people visibly hover over it and spend 10 seconds reading what the flip it is. Same with Doadrick. Same with the gnome card that gives you 6 coins.

Tons of players have no idea what these cards are, because they hover over them in every single game I play.

No, I strongly disagree about interacting with the SY purse. That will literally destroy them. You can already remove/impact the units that use their purse. Destroying their purse would destroy their faction. If they have no units to pay fees, then the purse is already pointless.

I honestly think SY is how NG should have been. Dirty, but fair. If people start to understand my strategy, they play around it. Most of the time, they don't, so they don't understand using 4 damage on my addict was a stupid decision, as that's not a primary unit of mine. Or using that removal on Doadrick is what I wanted them to do, because the effect is "meh" at best, but it scares the crap out of them the moment I start drawing each turn.

People don't know how to play against this deck because a lot of the units are completely not-used. Tinboy is BONKERS against ST. They play all their little elves on a row thinking they got it in the bag, not realizing this card exists. Then boom, they're down anywhere from 14-24 in one turn, depending on if you can pay tribute. Same with Monsters. If I'm second to last, they always, ALWAYS hover over this card wondering what the flip just happened. I'd actually be fine with nerfing this by increasing the tribute to 9. It is that powerful.

So, no, you obviously have not spent enough time with SY, at least not with units that don't see play. I plan on focusing on a crime deck next using unpopular cards.

Try rank 5 and below before saying how good this deck is.

DRK3

Forum veteran
The few gameplay changes they did with the latest patch were pretty good, but there's still a long way to go, even if 'perfect balance' is something unachievable, that doesnt mean you should give up on it.

There are still several cards that are underprovisioned, and so they are "auto-include". In my opinion, no card should ever have that status.

Regarding ST, the nerf to Oak was good, now he's point range is 7-15, for 13 provisions (and very easy to get a value on the higher end). But its funny how Isengrim, on a elf deck, is 6pt, 8 provisions and can easily give more value than Oak. One could argue that Isengrim doesnt offer removal like Oak, which is more valuable, but the difference is still huge.
And for that matter, Yaevinn, another auto include for elf decks and this one is almost exactly like Oak, but for 7prov. I havent played enough ranked this season but i think ST is shifting from Harmony to Elves because of these 2 golds.

Now, NR. I'll try to be unbiased but i will probably fail.
I absolutely hate the faction identity right now. It went from the strategic faction for smart players into the basic, removal faction that wipes the opponent's board.
When i first saw a Mobilization with Siege Scenario, Shupe, Radeyah, Anseis, Philippa BF and Falibor i couldnt believe a deck could have so many freakin powerhouses.
And the main problem is the NR Scenario. It costs 14 prov, like most scenarios, but it is SO MUCH BETTER than the rest (i could make a whole post supporting this statement), just because CDPR fails to value removal as better than point spam (SY and MO scenarios).

Finally, a small note on SY. Luiza and Savolla combo. Someone said here its on 90% of SY decks, ill go further and say its on 98% of them. Because its clearly underprovisioned. Even if you have tall removal for the 11pt Frightener, the opponent still got 12 points on the other 2 bodies, its ridiculous and pokes fun of MO tall units, that offer a lot of pts, but if removed they gave, maybe only a few thrive triggers.

this means op has no idea what it is talking about. Haha.

Well, my mistake, I just never saw it during about 2 years. But I've seen it now in certain controlled RNG decks. Perhaps it's just a niche card and not bad.
Post automatically merged:

Some of syndicate cards are broken, only because coins are abundance.

The game in itself needs some serious re-balancing.

Well, I completely agree with that. There were cards I did not add, because they are ONLY "broken" because coins are so abunsant, while others I did include despite the problem being the abundance of coin.

Last edited:
Etriel and Muirlega is OP.

Let's say Muirlega, you get 9 damage and 4 body for 8 provision (in a best case), in a worst case, you get 4 body and 3 damage for 8 provisions (and that's the BRICK). The card is almost worth it on it's own without the combo. Etriel same, 4 body, 3 damage in the worst case for 8 provisions. Best case a bit worse than Muirlega, 4 body 7 damage. In combination the worst scenario is 8 body and 6 damage, total 14, for 16 provisions, in a base case it's 8 body, 12 damage, total 20 for 16 provisions.

It's natural to compare these cards to other similar cards, most notably Unicorn and Chironex BAD which was at the time understandably nerfed. This combo provides a maximum value of 17 for 18 provisions! I've tried to use these cards in a "modern" deck, but the value is simply very bad. With the powercreep and all the changes in the game since the nerf, I'm not sure it would be outrageous to give them back their old ability. An alternative is ofcourse to lower their provisions. In a worst case scenario these cards play for 4 body, 3 damage for 9 provisions. Best case, 1 of these cards play for 6dmg/boost and 4 body, total 10 for 9 provisions.

It's also interesting to compare Etriel and Muirlega to the Nilfgaard Witcher Trio (which is well balanced, but starting to look bad because of the meta). The abilities and provisions are ofcourse different, but the overall conditions are more difficult to meet, and the reward seems to not be as great as the ST pair. A BRICK Letho is only a 6 point body for 8 provisions. Brick Serrit is still decent 7 for 7, but it still feels bad. Brick Auckes is a 5 body with lock, on pair with neutral lock units, which is not very bad value, but feels bad.

Anyways, I think Witcher trio is well balanced.
Etriel and Muirlega needs a lower floor.
Unicorn and Chironix needs a higher ceiling,

... Anyways, I think Witcher trio is well balanced...
Nonsense. If it was even remotely balanced you would've seen them played competitively once in a while. As they stand right (power crept and all) - they are brutally over-provisioned. Maybe time to give them a 1STR or -1p buff, or maybe give them some Armor, to tank stuff like Rain or Frost, but the way they right now - unplayable. The only time in current months they've seen some play was during the White Wolf Season.

Of course, there's always the possibility to rework them, just like the Crones were from Beta and honestly - this will be the better move.

Nonsense. If it was even remotely balanced you would've seen them played competitively once in a while. As they stand right (power crept and all) - they are brutally over-provisioned. Maybe time to give them a 1STR or -1p buff, or maybe give them some Armor, to tank stuff like Rain or Frost, but the way they right now - unplayable. The only time in current months they've seen some play was during the White Wolf Season.

Of course, there's always the possibility to rework them, just like the Crones were from Beta and honestly - this will be the better move.

Hey, I did mention that. Maybe it was on another thread though. Witcher trio is well balanced (but perhaps weak in the current meta).

I personally don't think the Witcher trio is the issue, but rather some other parts of the meta. So I still think they are well balanced, just not relatively speaking..

DRK3

Forum veteran
How the *&%#ing hell are the Witcher trio well balanced?

You say Etriel and Muirlega are a bit OP, which i agree, Unicorn and Chironex are bad compared to this ST duo (also agree), but at least the Uni/Chiro duo is vaguely playable, the witcher trio is absolutely UNPLAYABLE.

That means if you use it, you will lose, because not only does it provide terrible value, it drains a ridiculous amount of provisions, with no chance to make a decent deck.

Please stop saying stupid stuff like this, and worse, spamming it on several threads to increase visibility.

How the *&%#ing hell are the Witcher trio well balanced?

You say Etriel and Muirlega are a bit OP, which i agree, Unicorn and Chironex are bad compared to this ST duo (also agree), but at least the Uni/Chiro duo is vaguely playable, the witcher trio is absolutely UNPLAYABLE.

That means if you use it, you will lose, because not only does it provide terrible value, it drains a ridiculous amount of provisions, with no chance to make a decent deck.

Please stop saying stupid stuff like this, and worse, spamming it on several threads to increase visibility.

Common, it is well balanced. There is actual a point of center for this game, and it is closer to where the witcher trio is then where muirlega and etriel. If you for example want to balance the game, you need to balance it around the core, not around overpowered cards or powercreep.

That's what I mean by they are well balanced.

Uni/Chiro is not playable, I tried very much to play it and use it, it just doesn't work out, the value is very bad.

If Witcher trio is not well balanced, it just means too many cards are out of the gravitational core zone. This is very bad if it is true, because then every single old card need to be adjusted due to the new ones. You want a 7 damage alzur thunder? Or even 6? Personally I think 5 is good, that's the gravitational center where other cards need to adjust too.

Just because there are many OP cards, doesn't mean the witcher trio is not well balanced.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Common, it is well balanced. There is actual a point of center for this game, and it is closer to where the witcher trio is then where muirlega and etriel. If you for example want to balance the game, you need to balance it around the core, not around overpowered cards or powercreep.

That's what I mean by they are well balanced.

Uni/Chiro is not playable, I tried very much to play it and use it, it just doesn't work out, the value is very bad.

If Witcher trio is not well balanced, it just means too many cards are out of the gravitational core zone. This is very bad if it is true, because then every single old card need to be adjusted due to the new ones. You want a 7 damage alzur thunder? Or even 6? Personally I think 5 is good, that's the gravitational center where other cards need to adjust too.

Just because there are many OP cards, doesn't mean the witcher trio is not well balanced.

On your post, you actually mention the problem with your statement about the witcher trio:

You balance the game around the core. Exactly. And the witcher trio is so far (down) that core that balancing everything around it would be ridiculous, if you have 90% that is on one power level and 10% on another level, you dont go and balance the larger group, you balance the smaller group around the larger one.

You understand they are 24provs for 6 points in 3 bodies and 2 card filter? You are paying 18 for the last thing. If you want the bodies you can play Germain Piquant. There is not use for 3 witcher bodies. In additional....Germain + Roach are 20 provs for 11pts in 6 bodies and 1 card filter.

You understand they are 24provs for 6 points in 3 bodies and 2 card filter? You are paying 18 for the last thing. If you want the bodies you can play Germain Piquant. There is not use for 3 witcher bodies. In additional....Germain + Roach are 20 provs for 11pts in 6 bodies and 1 card filter.

I mean the Nilfgaard witcher trio, Letho, Auckes, Serrit.

Adrenaline rush is 8 for 5p? Plus if you have organic MO leader it's 9 for 5p...

Griffen is also 7 for 5p and with goul it's 9 for 6p?

The powercreep is so far beyond what it's use to be...

Adrenaline rush is 9 for 5p? Plus if you have organic MO leader it's 10 for 5p...

Griffen is also 7 for 5p and with goul it's 9 for 6p?

The powercreep is so far beyond what it's use to be...

Well, I have noticed that. It seems only a few decks are vilable and I refuse to play those. I prefer making my own decks, but I'm not sure that's possible anymore. There are a few cards that are completely OP.

DRK3

Forum veteran

Well, now it all makes sense... when people mention witcher trio, its the wolf school witchers, Lambert Eskel and Vesemir that when you play one summons the others from deck. Its those that suck, and we were complaining about.

But you were talking about the "other witcher trio"... The NG gold witchers are obviously much better and balanced and viable, even if not played much anymore.

Wow. Whenever you always talked about adding the witcher trio in your ranked decks I always immediately dismissed you as trolling.

Now I know you meant those other cards. It was just an unwritten rule around here that "witcher trio" meant Vesemir/Lambert/Eskel...

Top Bottom