Various bugs that have appeared since last big update

+
Hi everyone , like many I've really liked what the last update the switch version of the game offered us , however I've noticed quite some glitches and problems that weren't present before this .
I have some screen shot done on my switch in case some people don't understand what I'll talk about .
1 : I now have a glitch where my second adrenaline bar doesn't go away at all , it get blocks on every fight and require me to restart my game to get it off
2 : blue and red lines on armors (I know this is a known glitch but) have started to being MUCH more apparent , the biggest one being the ursine armor that cries blue lines , it wasn't that horrific before .
3 : litteraly textures glitches on my swords (don't have a pic for that one yet ) the sword litteraly turn to purple or pink (or white with mic of both) restarting the game is the only way to fix it .
4 : Some pieces of armor disappear from geralt body allowing me to see thought him
That's what I've started to get as issues since last update I don't know if they'll ever update the game again but I felt it was better to share those things (hope I'm not the only one getting those )
Your thoughts people ?

Did you transfer the save game between PC and Switch ? That could also introduce some technical issues (if mods on PC are involved, for example).

If not, I would suggest reporting these findings here (I don‘t have a Switch, so I can‘t test it myself):
https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/witcher-3/nintendo-switch/sp-technical/issue/1141/game-crashes-3

There‘s no support topic exactly for your problems, so you can pick this one instead and click on „contact us“ to send a ticket to CDPR support. You might still want to try the suggestions on the page, though.

2 : blue and red lines on armors (I know this is a known glitch but) have started to being MUCH more apparent , the biggest one being the ursine armor that cries blue lines , it wasn't that horrific before .

This is probably a direct result of disabling the AA. If running with AA off, pixel color will be drawn on a 1:1 ratio. AA achieves its smoothing effect by "blending" pixels with the pixels adjacent to them. That blurs the hard edges, but will also blend textures a bit (when using an FXAA approach). The purple lines are simply inherent in the was the game displays the textures for armor and clothing. (Not sure exactly what it is, but its always been there. How extreme it appears seems to be a matter of the player's display, not any particular game setting.)

1 : I now have a glitch where my second adrenaline bar doesn't go away at all , it get blocks on every fight and require me to restart my game to get it off
3 : litteraly textures glitches on my swords (don't have a pic for that one yet ) the sword litteraly turn to purple or pink (or white with mic of both) restarting the game is the only way to fix it .
4 : Some pieces of armor disappear from geralt body allowing me to see thought him

As, @devivre mentions above, all of these sound to me like things that would happen due to modding. Specifically, mods being disabled/removed from the game during a playthrough. Did you, by chance, transfer saved games back-and-forth from a modded PC playthrough, or a PC playthrough that had been modded in the past?

This is probably a direct result of disabling the AA. If running with AA off, pixel color will be drawn on a 1:1 ratio. AA achieves its smoothing effect by "blending" pixels with the pixels adjacent to them. That blurs the hard edges, but will also blend textures a bit (when using an FXAA approach). The purple lines are simply inherent in the was the game displays the textures for armor and clothing. (Not sure exactly what it is, but its always been there. How extreme it appears seems to be a matter of the player's display, not any particular game setting.)

As, @devivre mentions above, all of these sound to me like things that would happen due to modding. Specifically, mods being disabled/removed from the game during a playthrough. Did you, by chance, transfer saved games back-and-forth from a modded PC playthrough, or a PC playthrough that had been modded in the past?

The save is originally from my switch
Went to my PC where the only mod i had was the mod to get a closer camera to geralt (the same you get when you're too heavy)
But I deleted it and made a file verification just in case .
It could be from that but then what can I do to fix this issu ?

The save is originally from my switch
Went to my PC where the only mod i had was the mod to get a closer camera to geralt (the same you get when you're too heavy)
But I deleted it and made a file verification just in case .
It could be from that but then what can I do to fix this issu ?

Did you ever use any other mods on PC, even in the past? While that mod doesn't sound like it would do the things you're encountering directly, we can't rule it out.

Whenever the game is saved with a mod running, there will be reference data for that mod in the game's save-state. Even if you remove the mod, there isn't any way to remove the reference data. It's there forever. I suppose that could be what's throwing the Switch for a loop when it tries to load the data.

Easy way to check is to back up your saves, and start a brand new game on the Switch. If everything works correctly, you can be fairly sure it's the save. If the problem continues, you can be fairly sure it's happening on the Switch itself, and we can move this on to Support. (There's nothing Support can do for modded games, unfortunately.)

Hi everyone , like many I've really liked what the last update the switch version of the game offered us , however I've noticed quite some glitches and problems that weren't present before this .
I have some screen shot done on my switch in case some people don't understand what I'll talk about .
That's what I've started to get as issues since last update I don't know if they'll ever update the game again but I felt it was better to share those things (hope I'm not the only one getting those )
Your thoughts people ?
Alright so after turning off the cross save and reinstalling the game most of my problems stopped occuring
However i'm still unsure over the school of the bear armor that have lot of blue lines on the bottom and arms
And red lines on the pectoral part
I'll just post screenshots of it elsewhere and see if that's common to the switch or not
Post automatically merged:

LOL NVM XD alright so just load my game and well seems like it didn't got better
The big sword glitch is back and I'll use the occasion to show the bear armor problem (it's even worse when I'm in toussaint )
Sorry for the potato quality but I don't have my PC under hands to upload properly those screenshots .
Soooo
Who else ever got that ?
And pls tell me if I'll ever be able to use my sweet ursine armor without making my eyes cry :)
Even on wolf armor there's blue on places there shouldn't

Attachments

• 20200311_225646.jpg
    20200311_225646.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 138
  • 20200311_225642.jpg
    20200311_225642.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 148
  • 20200311_230910.jpg
    20200311_230910.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 146
  • 20200311_225657.jpg
    20200311_225657.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Those look like missing assets, like some of the textures are corrupt / not displaying all of their layers. Again, it's most likely a result of modded data in the save-state that the Switch cannot read.

The only way to be sure it's happening on the Switch and not something with the savegame file is to do the following:

1.) Note down some low-level armor or weapons that were not displaying correctly before. (Hence, explore your inventory for really old gear that displays the glitch, or journey back to White Orchard and buy stuff from the merchants until you find something glitchy.) Just know specifically what items are not presently displaying correctly.

2.) Migrate your saved games over to PC and back them up.

3.) Begin a brand, new game on the Switch. (Geralt Level 1, completely new save slot.) Now play until you find a few of the items that were previously buggy. If they still do not display correctly, then we can be fairly sure something may be up with the installation or even the Switch itself. If the problem does not occur in the new game, then it's almost certain that the problem is in the save-sate. Nothing we can really do about that. :(

Oh yeah, I've had my hair just turn pink randomly. This update's all around made the game significantly more unstable.

Oh yeah, I've had my hair just turn pink randomly. This update's all around made the game significantly more unstable.

I still can't believe they got it running on the Switch at all! My guess is that it's either mod related (textures cannot be read), or it's a result of the limited RAM on the Switch. I can imagine that the game is squeezing the capabilities of the Switch hard. If there's anything else running in the background (social features, downloads, etc.), I'd easily believe that players may encounter weirdness.

Another consideration is updating the game during an existing playthrough. With large, complex RPGs, and the literally millions of different states that can result based on player choice...sometimes a game's save-state just gets borked after an update. In that situation, it may be necessary to start a brand new game.

Top Bottom