THE WITCHER 3 SWITCH , MAKE THE GAME LOOK BETTER (WITH MORE SETTINGS).

+
I am actually curious to know which settings are people currently using. For the best combination for both handheld/docked and balancing graphics with performance is:
Blur- Off
Motion Blur- Off
Bloom- Off
Sharpening- High
Grass Distance- Medium
AA- Off

The rest of the settings are one. Having the sharpening it makes it look a bit like cell shaded, but it makes the colors to pop out and looking better on my opinion. All the aforementioned with Sharpening on Low is also good.

Finally bought the game <3 !
Many thanks for this amazing patch that goes far beyond my expectations.

Please communicate earlier next time though :)

I am actually curious to know which settings are people currently using. For the best combination for both handheld/docked and balancing graphics with performance is:
Blur- Off
Motion Blur- Off
Bloom- Off
Sharpening- High
Grass Distance- Medium
AA- Off

The rest of the settings are one. Having the sharpening it makes it look a bit like cell shaded, but it makes the colors to pop out and looking better on my opinion. All the aforementioned with Sharpening on Low is also good.
Blur- Off
Motion Blur- Off
Bloom- On
Light Shafts- On
Sharpening- low
Foliage- Medium
AA- Off

I find sharpening on high makes the game look off. Low to me looks a lot better.

Blur- Off
Motion Blur- Off
Bloom- Off
Sharpening- High
Grass Distance- Medium
AA- Off

Blur: Off
Motion Blur: Off
Bloom: On
Sharpening: high
Depth of Field: Off
Cutscene Depth of Field: Off
Light Shafts: On
Underwater effects: On
Foliage Visibility Range: Medium
AA: On or Off - still on the fence and changing day by day

The only points who are really beneficial for performance are Foliage Visibility Range and Depth of Field, so I tweaked those a bit. And since Depth of Field creates those ugly bleed around Hair, that always annoyed me, stripping a bit of atmosphere at some points for a slight performance boost is a good substitution in my opinion.

Blur: Off
Motion Blur: Off
Bloom: On
Sharpening: high
Depth of Field: Off
Cutscene Depth of Field: Off
Light Shafts: On
Underwater effects: On
Foliage Visibility Range: Medium
AA: On or Off - still on the fence and changing day by day

The only points who are really beneficial for performance are Foliage Visibility Range and Depth of Field, so I tweaked those a bit. And since Depth of Field creates those ugly bleed around Hair, that always annoyed me, stripping a bit of atmosphere at some points for a slight performance boost is a good substitution in my opinion.

These are my settings also :)

GTC 2020: Witcher III on the Nintendo Switch: GPU & Memory Optimization:

• upon starting, CPU game thread was 91ms
  • CPU render thread with gpu wait time - 260ms
  • GPU frame time 200ms
  • 5GB of memory
  • 46GB file size
  • cloth physics moved from CPU to GPU
  • Switch supports cuda natively
  • audio was converted to Opus format
  • the Opus decoder on switch handles 20 sounds simultaneously
  • used oodle for asset compression as it was faster at decompressing than lz4
  • used the sound streaming system developed for Cyberpunk 2077 to help save memory
  • has 3 languages on cart instead of 4, used lower quality compression for lipsync
  • final build size was 28GB
  • 15 months of development
  • SWitcher was literally the internal project name

Last edited:
Top Bottom