Video problems (all black with sound and subtitles)

+
Video problems (all black with sound and subtitles)

Guys, I installed the version enhanced, upgraded to 1.5 patch and is working fine, however, when I open are not you showing the videos. Not just loads of producers, only appears sound and "developed by" red.
also does not appear in the video game's introduction (which shows Geralt fighting the beast) but i can see the subititles.
the start menu opens normally, setting video, audio, commands, all right.
The game starts all normal, the character can move normally, but the "Cinematic videos" are not showing ..
already installed several codec packs and nothing.

have already installed The Witcher 2 before and functioned normally

I've tried every way possible video, including lowering the game resolution to 800x600 and medium

help me, guys. which may be?
scoured the net and found nothing

ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
I5 750
Kingston 12GB ram
samsung 2TB HD
ATI Radeon HD 5870
Philips Cinema Gold Series 21:9 50pfl8956d
Windows7 64

thanx a lot

Ok let`s ry playing the game files through the bink player to see if they work that way .
http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm . Download and install and open the bink player . Then navigate to the witcher folder and select some of the videos . Do they play ?

Are you using your displays default resolution of 2560x1080? Then this is a know issue as the game has some issues with widescreen resolutions. Try to test with 1920x1080.

LicaonKter said:
Are you using your displays default resolution of 2560x1080? Then this is a know issue as the game has some issues with widescreen resolutions. Try to test with 1920x1080.

as I said before, I tried all possible options for aspect ratio.
with the computer I'm using 1920x1080, and still in the game, put up to 800x600. there was no way.
: (

I know this would be a lot to ask . But reinstall the game with antivirus disabled and if using Vista or 7 UAC turned off . Also try running a MD5 on the 1.5 patch just to be safe
1.5 patch 30EF893614F62DD712B3855F6D0FA663

After install of game and patch then reenable antivirus and UAC and retry game .

Tommy said:
I know this would be a lot to ask . But reinstall the game with antivirus disabled and if using Vista or 7 UAC turned off . Also try running a MD5 on the 1.5 patch just to be safe
1.5 patch 30EF893614F62DD712B3855F6D0FA663
30EF893614F62DD712B3855F6D0FA663
After install of game and patch then reenable antivirus and UAC and retry game .

okay, reintall, running MD5, it's okay. same code.
when I open the game...

same damn problem.
:(

OK look in your witcher/system folder for binkw32.dll . Is it 167kb and a version of 1.9.8.0

The reason i asked to reinstall with av and UAC disabled was to make sure that nothing interfered with the install .

Tommy said:
OK look in your witcher/system folder for binkw32.dll . Is it 167kb and a version of 1.9.8.0

The reason i asked to reinstall with av and UAC disabled was to make sure that nothing interfered with the install .

yes, I understand.
the version and size is the same as you described.

I don't think so, but could be some problem with directx?

FIXED!!!

the problem was the update.
I installed the game and have not updated with videos and it worked.
the problem was that I was upgrading directly to 1.5. so I tried updating in a row (normal installation, patch 1.4> patch 1.5) and it worked.

thanks to all of you who helped me, especially Tommy, for the "insistence".

:p

Top Bottom