How cool are decks which absolutely demolish every other deck?

+
I am main Franchesca since the beta and I stopped playing for many months while the echo was completely unbalanced, I get easly bored with vomiting-win decks that feel completely unfair to have against.

I have no idea how they left it with the last patch since I played 2 or 3 games only and with Ethine's ability.

I forgot to mention this last time. You're really going to start over again for PC? Are you going to spend money to improve your odds of getting good decks? I personally wouldn't have the stomach to start over again if something happened to my progress on PC. It's such a massive grind that I don't think it's worth it and I wouldn't be interested in any case.

No, as per information from CDPR we can move our console accounts and almost all its content over to a GoG (PC) account. So I wount have to redo anything, except rank.

No, as per information from CDPR we can move our console accounts and almost all its content over to a GoG (PC) account. So I wount have to redo anything, except rank.

I did see something from CDPR on this, about your console deck being locked from a certain point in time. They gave me the impression that you could transfer your console data to PC but you would be limited to playing other console decks, which would mean that if you want to play 'normal' GWENT you would have to fork out for new decks etc. Not sure when the console decks were frozen from. If it was a while back, the meta would have changed.

Re Rank, trust CDPR to have loads of different things going on here too, Level, Rank, that pro-rank acronym, whatever that is...and that other pro-rank acronym...which is the same as the last one, except it has another letter added to it. WTF? What do they all mean, exactly? It just seems pretty pointless, really. Do you really need all of them?

I'm still finding my Nil Poison deck to be unviable for most opponents, who can just smash me. It was a deck that was competitive but it no longer is. I really shouldn't have to ask the devs to make it viable again. It never should have been allowed to get to the point where it was unviable.

E.g. in the last hour or so, I played a Nor deck. They were about 13 points behind with only one card left to play. I'm not sure if they had a leader's ability to call on. Anyway, from 13 or so points behind, with their last play they managed to fill a row with Kaedweni Revenants and Blue Stripes Commando. They just blew me away. This happens a lot when I play. It doesn't matter what the deck is. It's unviable against Syn decks where coins are accumulated so frequently that they can have multiple leader's ability type actions or Order actions given zeal.

Same with the Mon deck too. The consume deck can just wipe the floor with a poison deck like mine.

And the Sco deck with it's harmony.

This game is really unbalanced. The next time the devs change things up you might notice too. And start complaining here about it.

The main problem is that you believe that your deck should handle all other decks. Try to learn the core mechanics of the decks you are struggling with and try countering them.
But you'll never be able to counter all decks it's part of the game.

And yes parts of the game are unbalanced and lead to boring meta decks - nobody knows a solution for this problem yet.

I'm still finding my Nil Poison deck to be unviable for most opponents, who can just smash me. It was a deck that was competitive but it no longer is. I really shouldn't have to ask the devs to make it viable again. It never should have been allowed to get to the point where it was unviable.

E.g. in the last hour or so, I played a Nor deck. They were about 13 points behind with only one card left to play. I'm not sure if they had a leader's ability to call on. Anyway, from 13 or so points behind, with their last play they managed to fill a row with Kaedweni Revenants and Blue Stripes Commando. They just blew me away. This happens a lot when I play. It doesn't matter what the deck is. It's unviable against Syn decks where coins are accumulated so frequently that they can have multiple leader's ability type actions or Order actions given zeal.

Same with the Mon deck too. The consume deck can just wipe the floor with a poison deck like mine.

And the Sco deck with it's harmony.

This game is really unbalanced. The next time the devs change things up you might notice too. And start complaining here about it.

In the meta snapshot from Team Aretuza and TLG is the Poison deck a Tier 3 deck. It can be punished by T1 and T2 decks. Examine the meta decks and try to counter/play around them. Or do not play Ranked...I did not played a single Ranked match in this season, but I have fun in Seasonal Mode and can gather many ressources.

In the meta snapshot from Team Aretuza and TLG is the Poison deck a Tier 3 deck. It can be punished by T1 and T2 decks. Examine the meta decks and try to counter/play around them. Or do not play Ranked...I did not played a single Ranked match in this season, but I have fun in Seasonal Mode and can gather many ressources.

Not sure what this is: "meta snapshot from Team Aretuza and TLG is the Poison deck a Tier 3 deck". Is that something which you can link to? Don't want to watch a video though, if that's the source.

Personally, I don't find Seasonal fun. I mainly play it to chase various daily rewards, if I need a meme deck, say, to achieve something.

Your advice basically sounds like having to do a lot of homework. Often. My point, really, is that my Poison deck used to work. That's no longer the case, well, I haven't played it for a few days but I wouldn't expect things to have changed since then.

Not sure what this is: "meta snapshot from Team Aretuza and TLG is the Poison deck a Tier 3 deck". Is that something which you can link to? Don't want to watch a video though, if that's the source.

There are a few "teams" around, Leviath, Aretuza & Rankstar, they all have various information and pages dedicated to Gwent. You can look them up by searching "X team" on a search engine.

https://teamaretuza.com/meta-snapshot/

https://teamleviathangaming.com/meta/

Your advice basically sounds like having to do a lot of homework. Often.

That's the way, how it works. You have to know the meta decks, the counterplays, the matchups, etc. You have to KNOW the game, and you will be better.

My point, really, is that my Poison deck used to work. That's no longer the case, well, I haven't played it for a few days but I wouldn't expect things to have changed since then.

Certain decks work only in certain ranks. If you go higher in Ranks, your deck will be countered, you play against better players, who know, how to beat your deck. That is the reason, why your deck worked and why it is not working (so good) anymore.

Ive been having some success with this NR deck. When played right and with the proper cards, this one can do some damage

Opinions?

The game has too much nonsense. NG has things that are simply put broken. Seems that wiping the opponents board so they can have no points or milling theyre deck to oblivion or locking destroying seizing all they're best stuff all the while playing your own stuff is the meta now. Disgusting game with nothing but greed keeping it alive. CDPR has lost a loyal fan and costumer. I for one am looking forward to DOOM ETERNAL and I won't be back here when it drops, I also quit Destiny 2 cause of similar reasons a while ago and before any of you get smart with me yes I can quit a game. Yes I can stop buying games from a toxic greedy developer. Guys, this is how it starts. CDPR is a billion dollar company with more success on the way with cyber punk and look what they did to the console game. Now your card collection, limiting powder. "we leave greed to others" LIARS

Ive been having some success with this NR deck. When played right and with the proper cards, this one can do some damage

Opinions?

Not a big fan of defender and bombardment, but ok. At least it's different from the standard ones.

Not a big fan of defender and bombardment, but ok. At least it's different from the standard ones.
Yeah those two cards I was thinking about swapping for something else to maybe try something different and add a new technique or something.

Its funny tho. Once the defender goes up with Anna and the 2x Tridans, depending on what other cards I have at the time but even alone, most times my opponent rage quits as soon as the second Tridan goes up lol

Yeah those two cards I was thinking about swapping for something else to maybe try something different and add a new technique or something.

Its funny tho. Once the defender goes up with Anna and the 2x Tridans, depending on what other cards I have at the time but even alone, most times my opponent rage quits as soon as the second Tridan goes up lol

Some combinations are very powerful on their own, but behind defender... Well..

Botchling has always been one of my favourite NR cards. Sorry, by "bombardment" I meant Siege scenario, or scenario in general.

I forgot to comment on your suggestion to not play Ranked. Very early on when I started playing this game, I played Unranked. That game I got absolutely smashed by what I think was a veteran player. A total mismatch. That's what happens in Unranked, doesn't it?

Playing Ranked does give you rewards. If the matchmaking was smarter (as in fairer and more evenly matched), it wouldn't be such an endless grind playing it.

With regard to your suggestion: "Examine the meta decks and try to counter/play around them". well, that would change my deck. I'm chock-a-block with poison units. Poison is a valid strategy to win matches. Why nerf that? Before I started getting regularly beat with that deck, I don't think that I was winning every time I played, so it's not like there was a huge need to nerf that style of deck. But they did.

What have you made of the current Seasonal mode? I'm liking it. Games go by a lot quicker and it's good for the Challenge rewards. I've played my part for Nil, completing the 5 challenges.

What's a good mode to try and get the reward for the winning a match with a deck worth no more than 100 provision points?

@BartonFink I'll be honest, I didn't read all the posts, just the first page, but it sounds like the problem is your tactics.

You have to think pretty far ahead in this game. You can only play one card per turn, but you have be setting stuff up about 3-4 turns ahead. Likewise, if you see your opponent setting something up, you have to gauge when the best time to interfere is. Often is not immediately.

You can tell inexperienced players from good players by the tactics they use, not by the decks they play. Two players with a poison deck could play very differently, because it's more so about the tactics. When to pass, when to push, what units to attack, what ones to ignore, what order to play your cards in according to what's already happened, or what interference your opponent ran. Your poison deck should be obliterating most everything. If it's not, you're not playing it right (or you created your own poison deck that might have a few hiccups in it, which I respect way more than using the meta).

Card advantage is huge in this game. It's not all about power. If a player played strategically, then yes, that 1 card advantage at the end should win them the game. That's why it's so vital to get card advantage. Also, if you play strategically, it's fairly easy to thwart that card advantage as the player who goes second to last. Maybe it's better to push for a victory on the second round because your opponent drew a crap second hand in a deck that runs tons of tactics/specials (meaning they won't have enough power to play on the board for that round). You have to think about these things. I have won from a 2 card deficit because of the exact scenario I described above. I had 4 units, they had 6 cards, about 4 of which were specials. By the time they put their units down, they did not have enough power to overcome my own. Boom, we didn't even go into the third round.

Everything you described on the first page sounds like poor decision making in tactics. You need to prepare for that last card. You can't just expect to win on a 15 point lead. There's a reason they haven't forfeited yet. Once you know it, you play the whole game around that, and then it no longer becomes a concern.

You can tell inexperienced players from good players by the tactics they use, not by the decks they play. Two players with a poison deck could play very differently, because it's more so about the tactics. When to pass, when to push, what units to attack, what ones to ignore, what order to play your cards in according to what's already happened, or what interference your opponent ran. Your poison deck should be obliterating most everything. If it's not, you're not playing it right (or you created your own poison deck that might have a few hiccups in it, which I respect way more than using the meta).

I can spot the mistakes that I make when I play. One time I came across a new card and just played the round badly. They had a unit which could purify units every turn or two. I should have poisoned that unit first but instead I tried poisoning other units and was wondering why their status as poisoned disappeared. I learn from those kind of mistakes.

Another mistake I can make is guessing when an opponent will pass, so that is one area I can play a bit smarter in. It depends on the opponent though. Some opponents just push on, even though other players would pass at that point.

I did read a comment somewhere, maybe on this forum, that Nil is about a 3rd tier deck in the current meta. I.e. it's not a strong faction. I've posted here before that I thought it was the weakest deck, especially after I had been succeeding with it for a while.

Poison decks are the simplest strategy. Just poison everything. It would be a pity to nerf that, maybe because a lot of people complain about that strategy being too OP. In my experience, I've been too easily defeated using this strategy. Ideally there should be some sort of data collected by the game which can analyse and identify games and trends so as not to unnecessarily nerf certain decks. I'm not just losing because I make mistakes. Often times I couldn't have played things better, with my game being satisfactory. I just get beat by someone playing the last card and having some sort of OP ability or OP ability + leader ability.

Going on posts here, it seems that a lot of people complain about the game changing how the cards work, making match-ups unbalanced. Some of the moderators here argue that this isn't the case, but then you get the game changing how the cards work again. They seem to be reactive, as in they make one bad change and have to rectify it later. Can't they just run countless simulations to test proposed changes to the cards, like new units etc?

Poison decks are the simplest strategy. Just poison everything. It would be a pity to nerf that, maybe because a lot of people complain about that strategy being too OP. In my experience, I've been too easily defeated using this strategy. Ideally there should be some sort of data collected by the game which can analyse and identify games and trends so as not to unnecessarily nerf certain decks. I'm not just losing because I make mistakes. Often times I couldn't have played things better, with my game being satisfactory. I just get beat by someone playing the last card and having some sort of OP ability or OP ability + leader ability.

Well, such decks can sometimes struggle with productivity and waste, goes for many similar decks. If there is nothing to poison, what do you do then? Or if there is only worthless things to poison?

I've been playing poison recently due to the somewhat toxic meta, pun intended.. And sometimes I struggle to do something productive, due to the draw and the coin, and I end up wasting units on unproductive activity. I always try to add some proactive cards in decks which struggle with proactiveness in some situations, but even then draws and situations can be bad, depending ofcourse on the opponent.

I find that these are the cases where I most often do not win with a poison deck, due to having wasted poison or some others useful thing in my deck and getting less than good/optimal value for it.

Anyways, I think poison definetely need to be improved in the game, it's very binary and boring to play against or even with. Playing with poison is pretty much like you say, "just poison everything".. That's not good gameplay.

I am few weeks into this game and it is very frustrating. As someone who hasn't spent a penny in the microtransactions and is just playing with what ever random cards came with the game there is no way to win this game unless you spend money. I understand that is their business model, they don't want to support the player who doesn't buy anything.

Top Bottom