Question regarding the Collector's Edition of Cyberpunk 2077

+
Hello,

I'm SpronyvanJohnson, but I usually go by the short version of Sprony (which sadly was already taken, so much for being original). I came here because I have a question regarding the Collector's Edition of Cyberpunk 2077 (which I've already pre-ordered for the PS4). I can't create topics myself, so here we go:

The Collector's Edition comes with an hardcover art book and a world compendium. Is that the same as the one featured on Amazon or do they differ?

Also, it was announced that the Xbox version of the game will receive a free patch to get the most out of their upcoming console. Will the same apply to PlayStation 4 users who will be getting a PlayStation 5?

Last but not least, Amazon is also selling the official guide which still has a releasedate of 16 April. I take this is an error and you won't spoil the game beforehand?

Thanks in advance,
Sprony

The Collector's Edition comes with an hardcover art book and a world compendium. Is that the same as the one featured on Amazon or do they differ?

No, it's not the same.

Also, it was announced that the Xbox version of the game will receive a free patch to get the most out of their upcoming console. Will the same apply to PlayStation 4 users who will be getting a PlayStation 5?

That depends on Sony and PlayStation 5.

Last but not least, Amazon is also selling the official guide which still has a releasedate of 16 April. I take this is an error and you won't spoil the game beforehand?

I see so many guides there I can't tell which official one is really "official". But yes, it should be an error.

No, it's not the same.

Thank you for your answers. Did they say that somewhere in a interview or something or did you have another source?
Post automatically merged:

Yeah that's definitely an error.

Good to know, thank you!

Thank you for your answers. Did they say that somewhere in a interview or something or did you have another source?
Post automatically merged:

Good to know, thank you!

World of Cyberpunk 2077 is made by Dark Horse Comics. Their creations aren't normally included in game releases. It will be more detailed than the World Compendium which is also included in standard edition of the game so the price wouldn't fit if you think about it and also it's size when it's supposed to fit into disc box of console version.

World of Cyberpunk 2077 is made by Dark Horse Comics. Their creations aren't normally included in game releases. It will be more detailed than the World Compendium which is also included in standard edition of the game so the price wouldn't fit if you think about it and also it's size when it's supposed to fit into disc box of console version.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. I didn't know it was also included in standard edition. Ok cool, I can order it from Amazon then. Thank you.

I'm new to the forum so I can't start a new thread but this seems like a good place for my question. So I've purchased the collector's edition of the game on xbox which means that when I get the game I will have to wait on it to download before I can play plus any potential day one updates so my question is that is there any way that those of us that preordered physical copies can get a code to predownload the game before its release that way we can jump right into the game like those who preordered digitally?

I'm new to the forum so I can't start a new thread but this seems like a good place for my question. So I've purchased the collector's edition of the game on xbox which means that when I get the game I will have to wait on it to download before I can play plus any potential day one updates so my question is that is there any way that those of us that preordered physical copies can get a code to predownload the game before its release that way we can jump right into the game like those who preordered digitally?
If you've bought it through Xbox store or whatever it's called then maybe? But I understand you. This is the reason why I'm not getting physical copy.
I want to play right when it's unlocked and that won't be possible if I will have to wait for box with a key to arrive.

Ubisoft with their Ubistore has it well made. You can pre-order physical copy and the game will be added to your library and you can already play the game before the physical goodies arrive. But I'm talking from PC experience, don't know about consoles. Although I wish CDP would sell the physical version of the game on GOG and did it the same way as Ubisoft does.

If you've bought it through Xbox store or whatever it's called then maybe? But I understand you. This is the reason why I'm not getting physical copy.
I want to play right when it's unlocked and that won't be possible if I will have to wait for box with a key to arrive.

Ubisoft with their Ubistore has it well made. You can pre-order physical copy and the game will be added to your library and you can already play the game before the physical goodies arrive. But I'm talking from PC experience, don't know about consoles. Although I wish CDP would sell the physical version of the game on GOG and did it the same way as Ubisoft does.
Thanks for the reply maybe someone at CDPR will see the post and get the idea because I know its gonna be a massive install and I feel like since I'm spending 250 dollars on the game I'd really like to be able to play it just as early as the digital buyers that aren't spending as much. And I'm not saying like preinstall the whole game like digital but when I get the disk I'd like to be able to pop it in and play straight away.

Sorry to jump into the post but i'm having an issue relating to the same item.
The COLLECTOR'S EDITION.
Long story short, i preorder it in july 16th last year from a local retailer in Romania.
after another game's collector's edition failed to deliver i figured that i give the retailer a call about this one.
And guess what? they give me a happy response that it will fail to deliver but i shouldn't worry!! i will get my money back...
The joy!!
I remembered that a similar situation with a different local retailer in 2014 with the witcher 3 ended similarly. my luck then was that amazon still had a piece for a different platform which i bought ASAP.
Does anyone know what i could do now? it's kinda late for an availability on any curent store on the face of earth to buy a collectors edition.
Do you think the collectors edition will become available in the future?
Can anyone explain why the supplier for all 4 shops, underlining that on the official cyberpunk store you still get linked to these stores if you want to buy the collector's edition of cyberounk 2077 which is not available on any of them, is not delivering the item?
If anybody has an idea i would apreciate it :)
a great day to all of you! mine is kinda broken...

Sorry to jump into the post but i'm having an issue relating to the same item.
The COLLECTOR'S EDITION.
Long story short, i preorder it in july 16th last year from a local retailer in Romania.
after another game's collector's edition failed to deliver i figured that i give the retailer a call about this one.
And guess what? they give me a happy response that it will fail to deliver but i shouldn't worry!! i will get my money back...
The joy!!
I remembered that a similar situation with a different local retailer in 2014 with the witcher 3 ended similarly. my luck then was that amazon still had a piece for a different platform which i bought ASAP.
Does anyone know what i could do now? it's kinda late for an availability on any curent store on the face of earth to buy a collectors edition.
Do you think the collectors edition will become available in the future?
Can anyone explain why the supplier for all 4 shops, underlining that on the official cyberpunk store you still get linked to these stores if you want to buy the collector's edition of cyberounk 2077 which is not available on any of them, is not delivering the item?
If anybody has an idea i would apreciate it :)
a great day to all of you! mine is kinda broken...

I would contact that retailer for an explanation. From the sounds of it, it might have been overzealous sales. Unfortunately, this happens sometimes when stores receive limited stock of something, and sales associates don't have a reliable way of tracking how many units have been sold / pre-ordered / reservered / etc. Or sales reps don't use it efficiently.

Other times, production of certain things like limited edition pre-orders are changed due to sales levels. Either too many or too few are selling, so the studio decides to halt production. (I would doubt this is the case with CP 2077.)

Still other times, trade laws change, and shipping stock over borders becomes problematic or non-viable.

Couldn't really tell you off-hand what the situation is. I'd start by getting an answer from that retailer. If it sounds like some sort of mistake on their end / misunderstanding, you can always try contacting CDPR with proof of the original purchase and see if there's a way to re-reserve another copy. (I would definitely send time-stamped proof of the original purchase along with a brief explanation of what happened.)

you just raised my life expectancy :oops:
a kind thank you.
the retailer with other 3 have no listing of selling the collector's edition.
My assumption is that an intermediary cut sales just like 2014's TW3 CE problem. probably for not reaching certain quota.
The retailer wouldn't give me a name of the company that supplied the CE.
I will try contacting CDPR and see what i can sort out.
All my best!
"
Media
media@cdprojektred.com
Business inquiries
biz@cdprojektred.com
Contact for YouTubers/Streamers
creators@cdprojektred.com
"
should i try contacting on business inquiries?

should i try contacting on business inquiries?

Nope. Just standard support. This is a consumer purchase, not a B2B transaction.

As "slimy" as the vendor / retailer thing can feel (and be, sometimes), you're not likely to get any info or make any headway trying to investigate along those routes. The only liability the business has is to deliver your product or a refund. After that, it would actually be a pretty significant breach of trust for a business to start offering info about their partners.

ok but i'm falling short on a support email .
the only thing i can find is support pages for released games not CP2077.
have any email of CDPR i could use?
thanks
as a side note i've tried writing on the official FB page but no answer yet.

Last edited:
ok but i'm falling short on a support email .
the only thing i can find is support pages for released games not CP2077.
have any email of CDPR i could use?
thanks
as a side note i've tried writing on the official FB page but no answer yet.

contact@cdprojekt.com

Should put you in touch with who you need. Be aware that CE are still limited and they aren't making any more. I don't know if CDPR even has any of their own - it's a retailers thing. AFAIK there are still copies in the UK you can import.

contact@cdprojekt.com

Should put you in touch with who you need. Be aware that CE are still limited and they aren't making any more. I don't know if CDPR even has any of their own - it's a retailers thing. AFAIK there are still copies in the UK you can import.
i've seen the listings on game uk but they don't offer any EU shipping because the box's too heavy :(.
10x a lot for the help.
I'll try CDPR maybe they have an ideea.
Best wishes!

Hello, i had a question myself as well. Ive bought the collector's edition a year ago from the polish official site. My aunt bought it for me when i gave her the money. Yet my aunt hasnt received the package yet. I read on instagram that the launch will be postponed to september i think. Does this have anything to do with me not getting the collector's edition yet. Because im kind of scared i paid 200 euros for nothing because i havent heard anything from the site regarding the package delivery.

Thanks in advance for replying

It has everything to with that; cannot send a game that isn't released.

But the collectors edition at least for the PC does not contain the game - it only contains a download code (and other stuff). There is no reason why the code couldn't be given in advance, as download becomes available only when the game actually launches.

Top Bottom