Highlander cards and deckbuilding restrictions, do you want more of them ?

+

Should there be more highlander/singleton cards ?

• Yes, there should be more cards that put archtypal restrictions (including highlander cards)

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Partly, there should be more support for highlander cards, but no other archtypes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Partly, there should be more support for different archtypes (e.g. Tactics), but no more Shupe

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No, I do not want to ever be forced into an archtype

• No, just keep everything as is

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Else: Elaborate below

• Total voters
We all know them, but do we want more cards that only work in decks with one copy of each card ?
Just to clarify, I do not mean even more high end cards for "Shupe" decks, I mean more midprovision cards (6-9 provisions).
I would personally love to see a couple more cards like that, which, rather than getting power for the restrictions, get versatility as an upside.
Or do you just want more cards/leaders that have different deckbuilding restrictions (e.g. Enslave and Call of Harmony) ?
Given that an increasing cardpool requires restrictions to allow diversity in deck types, restrictions have to be made in some way or another (or we end up with faction that are just piles of cards {see Syndicate for what that can come down to}).
If you disagree or agree, feel free to elaborate.

I personally don't want more of the Shupe cards for the simple reason that all of them can be combined. And therefore those decks will have to be balanced around including every single of those cards, which reduces the variance of those decks.

I would rather have other cards with deckbuilding restrictions be it direct like the mentioned ones or indirect (like Scenarios) where you have to include certain types of cards in your deck.

I'm not a big fan of Shupe decks, but that is only because the highlander archetipe feels unfinished. I would love to see some factional support for this archetipe, that would make Shupe decks more strategic and focused on synergies and combos, instead of point-slam and unconditionaly good cards.

Leaders and cards with deck-building restrictions are awesome! I want more cards like Gord, Draug, Etriel and Muirlega, Unicorn and Chironex, ....

Highlander cards are supposed to be strong due the condition of the decks you use them, if you create many of those cards the decks lose the original restriction on power.

With Shupe it was more than enough, no more is needed, at least not gold.

Highlander cards are supposed to be strong due the condition of the decks you use them, if you create many of those cards the decks lose the original restriction on power.

With Shupe it was more than enough, no more is needed, at least not gold.
I disagree, one can only run one copy each of Gold cards anyways, the restrictions come in the form of running only one copy of each bronze, which is unaffected by adding a couple of support Gold cards.
Beyond that in the case of Shupe the benefitting card is not even above average in terms of power (maybe even below), the benefit comes in the form of versatility (which is extremely valuable in the case of Shupe, however during the last season we even saw a lot of "Shupe" decks cut Shupe entirely and run just Radeyah).
It is difficult to put a price on versatility, however adding a few mid cost cards, which should be versatile (and not power cards), would hardly do anything about the restrictions (as it only affects bronzes anyways) and it would flesh out the theme, as long as they are not overtuned, like Radeyah was.

If anything goes against the "restriction of power" it is the inclusion of more and more powerful, generic bronze cards, almost removing the necessity of running multiple copies.

I disagree, one can only run one copy each of Gold cards anyways, the restrictions come in the form of running only one copy of each bronze, which is unaffected by adding a couple of support Gold cards.

Actually, I have to agree with Angel here. That is, unless you change the requirements of the other Highlander cards to be mutually exclusive with each other.

In any case, while I don't dislike Shupe, I also don't feel like the need to have more of those kind of cards. I rather the developers motivate players to try different deck building options by other means. Incidentally, meme/lore decks could be fun, like a female-only deck.

Top Bottom